RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 26, 2024, 03:11:02 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 2! 0 Members and 11 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 401 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 2!  (Read 266548 times)
sektor75
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #2040 on: December 15, 2012, 06:13:41 PM »

Landed an Atari Lynx I with 5 games, Comlynx, AC Adapter, and an official Atari carry case for $40 at the local used game store today. Don't see much Lynx stuff in the wild here so it was a good score.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/sektor75.png[/img]
Beardcore84
that TMNT guy
Donor

Stats
« Reply #2041 on: December 15, 2012, 06:28:36 PM »

What is this website, NERFGEN?

Jealous much?  Grin

Can we get the different models added to the database? Smiley

Running out of games to buy.
cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2042 on: December 15, 2012, 11:26:10 PM »

My wife picked this up for me the other day.  I had casually told her to look out for one while she was shopping.

[img width=550 height=412]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h63/railroad1/tn_IMG_0457_zpsd9b8a56f.jpg[/img]
Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2043 on: December 15, 2012, 11:46:36 PM »

The Dollar Tree got a bunch of PC games in for some reason, so I grabbed them:

[img width=700 height=525]http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii241/shobonimaster/IMG_4369_zpsf8c6b4d1.jpg[/img]

Also, had to get a new laptop:

[img width=700 height=525]http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii241/shobonimaster/IMG_4372_zpse7448551.jpg[/img]

They're so hell-bent on giving, walking a wire
Convinced it's not living if you stand outside the fire

-Garth Brooks/Standing Outside The Fire

GamerNick
Collector of All Things Video Game Related
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2044 on: December 16, 2012, 02:10:40 AM »

Also forgot to mention that the genesis cases in blog that are for sale are also for trade I am looking for non common boxes for nes, snes, and n64. Or boxes for my genesis games that I don't have boxes for. 

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
Looking for CIB - NES Games or Boxes & Manuals in Bulk.
InvadErGII
CD-i
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2045 on: December 16, 2012, 12:55:16 PM »

I had a great run of luck while killing some time yesterday.

[img width=700 height=525]http://i.imgur.com/cggF8.jpg[/img]

For whatever reason I haven't ever tracked down Super Bomberman, and I was told the shop purchased this copy about 2 hours before I came in. Baseball Stars II was near the top of my NES watchlist, and I've always wanted to try to Genesis version of Beavis and Butthead. I checked out another shop that was a mile or two away. The owner knew I was into NES stuff and said he'd gotten something in five minutes earlier that he thought I might be interested in. I took a look, and, well, this happened:

[img width=700 height=525]http://i.imgur.com/K13wr.jpg[/img]

wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #2046 on: December 16, 2012, 01:04:05 PM »

Wow, good day indeed!  Nice grab!

cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2047 on: December 16, 2012, 05:09:25 PM »

Nice pick ups!!!!  

Also I remember playing Beavis N Butthead on the Genesis when I was a kid.  It was fun then.  Not sure how much fun it would be now though.   Funny that it has a MA rating.  All I remember was farting.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 05:11:39 PM by cverz2 » Logged
Johnny Nintendo
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2048 on: December 16, 2012, 05:16:43 PM »

Nice grab on that Chip N Dale 2!  Does anyone know if it's better than the first one?

Looking for CIB NES games..........even Silent Service.
I once made the mistake of smelling a NES cart.  Man, the last guy that blew in it must have had bad breath, because it smelled like a sack full of assholes.
Banards
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #2049 on: December 16, 2012, 05:23:51 PM »

Picked up Shining Force for the Genesis, Robotech for the Gamecube, Grandia III for the Playstation, and Sonic 3D Blast for the Saturn. Also picked up a 6 button controller for the Genesis.  I'm gonna have to dust off the camera and get some pics for you guys.

No matter where you go, there you are.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2050 on: December 16, 2012, 05:28:04 PM »

Nice grab on that Chip N Dale 2!  Does anyone know if it's better than the first one?

Number 2 is still good, but personally I liked the first one better.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
InvadErGII
CD-i
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2051 on: December 16, 2012, 06:03:23 PM »

Nice grab on that Chip N Dale 2!  Does anyone know if it's better than the first one?

Number 2 is still good, but personally I liked the first one better.
I played a bit of it this afternoon and I agree. It's missing a bit of the charm of the original, but it's still a better than average platformer.

jansolee66
Donor

Stats
« Reply #2052 on: December 16, 2012, 06:32:27 PM »

My online order of Journey to Silius (NES) finally came to me after 25 days (they neglected to include an apartment number).

I skipped shopping for games at my favourite store last week, due to poor finances, but this was a makeup week.

I picked up a couple games for a fellow poster on this message board: Rockin' Kats (NES) and Jimmy Connors Tennis (NES). For myself, I pulled the trigger on one of my most expensive game purchases yet, Gargoyle's Quest II (NES). I also acquired Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES) and a "replacement" for my copy of Base Wars (NES). I also decided to add a couple cheap "newer" games to my collection, so I got Viewtiful Joe 2 for the Gamecube and Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time for the PS2.

I was also able to find a couple reasonably good deals online for items I've been considering for a while. The first is Conker's Bad Fur Day (N64). The second is a Sega Dreamcast with 8 games (unfortunately, they appear to be loose, which means they are virtually worthless to me -- I hate loose discs). The price is decent on both so I'll be picking them up tomorrow.

I've resigned myself to the fact that, in my neck of the woods, deals are extremely rare so, in most cases, I will be paying close to retail on most things. That's ok, though. Before discovering my favourite store, I was often paying above retail for local purchases.
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2053 on: December 16, 2012, 10:13:07 PM »

My online order of Journey to Silius (NES) finally came to me after 25 days (they neglected to include an apartment number).

I skipped shopping for games at my favourite store last week, due to poor finances, but this was a makeup week.

I picked up a couple games for a fellow poster on this message board: Rockin' Kats (NES) and Jimmy Connors Tennis (NES). For myself, I pulled the trigger on one of my most expensive game purchases yet, Gargoyle's Quest II (NES). I also acquired Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES) and a "replacement" for my copy of Base Wars (NES). I also decided to add a couple cheap "newer" games to my collection, so I got Viewtiful Joe 2 for the Gamecube and Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time for the PS2.

I was also able to find a couple reasonably good deals online for items I've been considering for a while. The first is Conker's Bad Fur Day (N64). The second is a Sega Dreamcast with 8 games (unfortunately, they appear to be loose, which means they are virtually worthless to me -- I hate loose discs). The price is decent on both so I'll be picking them up tomorrow.

I've resigned myself to the fact that, in my neck of the woods, deals are extremely rare so, in most cases, I will be paying close to retail on most things. That's ok, though. Before discovering my favourite store, I was often paying above retail for local purchases.

Great pick ups on Rockin' Kats and Jimmy Connor's Tennis! I still need both of those ones.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2054 on: December 16, 2012, 10:32:59 PM »

Picked up Shining Force for the Genesis, Robotech for the Gamecube, Grandia III for the Playstation, and Sonic 3D Blast for the Saturn. Also picked up a 6 button controller for the Genesis.  I'm gonna have to dust off the camera and get some pics for you guys.

Mmmmmmm, Shining Force.

Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 401 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length