RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 20, 2024, 12:12:38 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 2! 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 401 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 2!  (Read 274776 times)
bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #750 on: September 24, 2012, 03:00:24 PM »

Considering MSRP was $500 last year, it's a solid drop. For the size of set it is, it's not a bad price, even if it was just used as a bedroom TV (like ours will be). I'll try to get it set up soon and maybe do a blog post over it.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/bickman2k.png[/img]
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #751 on: September 24, 2012, 04:26:00 PM »

I bought this as a gift for my roommate.

[img width=613 height=1024]http://i.imgur.com/dcfvMh.jpg?1[/img]

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #752 on: September 24, 2012, 11:32:25 PM »

My local retro game store (Game X Change) decided to carry Famicom imports. Being a regular customer, I got the call as soon as they got them in today. I got a chance to go over them all and grab the ones I was most interested in, and talk to the them about the others including which were the ones that would probably appeal to most people and sell well. They gave me some great pricing for helping them out, and I hope it goes really well for them so they order more. Here are my finds, 40 in all:
[img width=700 height=504]http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af356/jackcrow2000/file-16.jpg[/img]

ixtaileddemonfox
Weapon X
TurboGrafx-16

Stats
« Reply #753 on: September 25, 2012, 08:10:23 AM »

I got an empty Dreamcast Box for Free.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #754 on: September 25, 2012, 08:24:41 AM »

It's nice to grab a system box, especially for that price. While I'm not a big cardboard guy, I do like to have the boxes for the systems. It's cool to see the games listed as coming soon, especially when they never show up.

ixtaileddemonfox
Weapon X
TurboGrafx-16

Stats
« Reply #755 on: September 25, 2012, 09:53:52 AM »

It's nice to grab a system box, especially for that price. While I'm not a big cardboard guy, I do like to have the boxes for the systems. It's cool to see the games listed as coming soon, especially when they never show up.

I thought it was cool and i did need one for my dreamcast,

noiseredux
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #756 on: September 25, 2012, 10:07:16 AM »

kind of jealous on the box!

Though I find keepign system boxes kind of impracticle, I am trying to collect my DC accessories boxed as they look so nice shelved that way. Was pissed cuz I just got in a DC keyboard that was listed as "complete" and arrived "loose"... and shipping it back just isn't worth it to me, but I really wanted the box for the keyboard. Sad

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #757 on: September 25, 2012, 10:28:26 AM »

Nice grabs Duke.  I have that Sumo game on my wishlist. Argus is a decent shmup, and Penguin kun Wars,     Toukaidou Goju-San Shi, and Ninja Kun are pretty fun.  Great pulse labels as well, especially fond of that Devil World.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Quackula
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #758 on: September 25, 2012, 10:31:04 AM »

Wow, there's quite a wide variety of famicom cart shapes and colors. Never realized that.
RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #759 on: September 25, 2012, 11:23:29 AM »

Are you trying to collect all famicom games Duke?

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #760 on: September 25, 2012, 03:37:11 PM »

kind of jealous on the box!

Though I find keepign system boxes kind of impracticle, I am trying to collect my DC accessories boxed as they look so nice shelved that way. Was pissed cuz I just got in a DC keyboard that was listed as "complete" and arrived "loose"... and shipping it back just isn't worth it to me, but I really wanted the box for the keyboard. Sad

My local retro shop has boxed complete DC keyboards and mice. If you're interested I can check their prices on them. Just let me know.

Are you trying to collect all famicom games Duke?

No, I don't think I will attempt a complete set. I'd like a full US set eventually, and just supplement with the titles that didn't reach here from other territories. If I ever came into large sums of money, it might change of course Wink

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #761 on: September 25, 2012, 03:43:48 PM »

Very large sums of money for some of those Famicom gold carts...

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #762 on: September 25, 2012, 04:12:38 PM »

Very large sums of money for some of those Famicom gold carts...

And how.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #763 on: September 26, 2012, 03:39:57 AM »

that would really be taking collecting to a whole new level to go after complete sets for the same system in multiple regions. i don't think i could ever see myself getting that hardcore into it, no matter how much money i had. there's only so much space to store them all and with so many good games in general it seems a waste of money/space to have so many duplicates just because of a variation in labels/language. i can definitely understand variation collecting to a degree, but not to that level of completeness.
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #764 on: September 26, 2012, 01:55:52 PM »

Some days going to the post office is like getting to be a kid on Christmas morning all over again...
[img width=700 height=576]http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af356/jackcrow2000/file-17.jpg[/img]

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 401 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length