RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 19, 2024, 04:27:04 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 2! 0 Members and 21 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 401 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 2!  (Read 274605 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #630 on: September 15, 2012, 09:42:01 PM »

Very nice Coleco pick up.  Those boxes and games look super nice.  I'm pretty fond of that system.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #631 on: September 16, 2012, 01:14:43 AM »

I picked up Golf Magazine Presents: 36 Great Holes

Just like your mom.

[img width=465 height=382]http://i.qkme.me/3536ok.jpg[/img]

RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #632 on: September 16, 2012, 01:26:28 AM »

So I got bit by the 32X bug.

I picked up Golf Magazine Presents: 36 Great Holes Starring Fred Couples, Metal Head, Motocross Championship, Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure, Virtua Fighter, Virtua Racing Deluxe, T-Mek, Brutal: Above The Claw, Star Trek: Starfleet Academy, NFL Quarterback Club.

Check your PMs.

ProjectG.U.E.S.T.
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #633 on: September 16, 2012, 08:52:23 AM »

All fairly common stuff, but I just got a huge haul. Friend of mine is moving to Cali and doesn't want to have to pay for movers to carry this stuff. Gave me two SNES controllers, the first adventure island, sonic and knuckles, Little Nemo, Super Mario 3, Dr Mario, Tetris (the official cart), the Sunsoft Batman, a huge stack of Tengen carts, Toy Story for the genesis, and Mega Man 3. Additionally I am now the proud owner of a Power Glove.

The kicker is that the majority of this stuff still came with manuals.

DaveMMR
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #634 on: September 16, 2012, 09:02:12 AM »

Spent a couple of hours hitting up garage sales yesterday and did fairly okay.

[img width=550 height=384]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/davemmr/GuitarH.jpg[/img]
Got a couple of copies of Goldeneye for the N64 as well of Guitar Hero: World Tour and Rock Band for a dollar each. The former need some cleaning and are going straight to the trade pile. The latter two will be good assuming I ever pick up instruments for the PS2.

[img width=500 height=261]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/davemmr/GAMEBOY.jpg[/img]
Some young couple was selling these for fifty cents a piece. But I asked how much for all nine and the wife said $6. I only realized as I drove away that I actually spent $1.50 more. Oh well - not going to complain, I would have paid $9. Anyway, we have Donkey Kong Land (Player's Choice), Yoshi, Jeep Jamboree, Kirby's Pinball, Metroid (Player's Choice), Gex 3 (GBC), Ballistic, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 (GBC) and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 (GBC)

[img width=463 height=569]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/davemmr/BOARDGAME.jpg[/img]
Not video games but still a good find. Some woman was selling a bunch of old board games for two bucks a piece. I'm not big on collecting board games anymore since I don't have the space, but I couldn't pass up This Game is Bonkers with those cover graphics. And the classic versions of The Game of Life play so much better than the newer ones (especially the wheel - it spins so much better). And it's Art Linkletter approved.  Grin

Total cost: $14

NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #635 on: September 16, 2012, 01:04:06 PM »

Some young couple was selling these for fifty cents a piece. But I asked how much for all nine and the wife said $6. I only realized as I drove away that I actually spent $1.50 more. Oh well - not going to complain, I would have paid $9. [/i]
I think we've all done that before.

cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #636 on: September 16, 2012, 01:30:05 PM »

Very nice Coleco pick up.  Those boxes and games look super nice.  I'm pretty fond of that system.

Thanks, the boxes are amazing for being 30 years old and believe it or not this was the first Coleco system I've seen in the wild. ( Except for retro game stores ). 
Coleco was my first game system as a kid and have always wanted to get one since I started collecting.  I never thought that the first one I found would be such a beauty. 

Also I forgot to list the games that came with it. ( Nothing special )

1. Donkey Kong
 2. Donkey Kong Jr.
 3. Cosmic Avenger
 4. Slither
 5. Zaxxon
 6. Venture
 7. Subroc
 8. Ken Uston's Blackjack/Poker
 9. Tarzan
10. War Games
11. Ladybug
12. Victory
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #637 on: September 16, 2012, 08:50:31 PM »

I have all of those games except Victory.  A great system that I am really enjoying playing as of recent.  I'm especially jealous of the roller controller.  I've been looking for one of those for quite some time.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #638 on: September 16, 2012, 08:58:03 PM »

Yeah I've never seen the box for the roller controller untill now.   I'll have to take some more pics and put them in the database.  I can't wait to dive into this system.  I'll have to get Buck Rodgers and Robin Hood to relive my earliest childhood memories.  Smiley
ProjectG.U.E.S.T.
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #639 on: September 16, 2012, 09:14:39 PM »

Just passed my addy to a friend so he could send me some doubles he had on Sonic 2 and Gold Cart Legend of Zelda. Very excited! Basic stuff, I know, but the S2 will go great with my recently acquired Sonic and Knuckles, and I have a strong strong fondness for the Legend of Zelda franchise.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #640 on: September 16, 2012, 09:19:21 PM »

Just passed my addy to a friend so he could send me some doubles he had on Sonic 2 and Gold Cart Legend of Zelda. Very excited! Basic stuff, I know, but the S2 will go great with my recently acquired Sonic and Knuckles, and I have a strong strong fondness for the Legend of Zelda franchise.

No scores are ever insignificant.  Almost everyone here can probably how happy they were when they first scored a Zelda gold cart.

Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #641 on: September 16, 2012, 09:22:27 PM »

I love Sonic 2... A little too much...
Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #642 on: September 16, 2012, 09:47:11 PM »

Also I forgot to list the games that came with it. ( Nothing special )

5. Zaxxon

[ALL CAPS]
BLASPHEMER!

DON'T YOU LOOK AT ME, EVER AGAIN!!!

I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU!!!

*SOB*WEEP*
[/ALL CAPS]

All right, enough of that silliness.

"Roller controller"... I just like how that sounds.

Anyway, I took advantage of some best Buy gift credit and picked up a copy of the Kirby's Dream Collection for the Wii, celebrating 20 years of that little pink vacuum cleaner.

[img width=351 height=500]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61iCycRUMAL.jpg[/img]

I love Sonic 2... A little too much...

Well then, why don't you marry it?

[img width=300 height=300]http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv/files/2011/03/pee-wee-herman.jpg[/img]
I know you are, but what am I?

I dig Sonic 2 as well... when I play as Knuckles that is.
Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #643 on: September 16, 2012, 10:00:40 PM »

I dig knuckles too. After all I am Razor KNUCKLES. I'd marry Sonic 2 if I could. I love Sonic...2.
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #644 on: September 16, 2012, 11:50:09 PM »

No scores are ever insignificant.  Almost everyone here can probably how happy they were when they first scored a Zelda gold cart.

Yes, sir. 1987 was a great year!

A couple things showed up for me:
[img width=700 height=505]http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af356/jackcrow2000/file-14.jpg[/img]
[img width=700 height=525]http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af356/jackcrow2000/file-15.jpg[/img]
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 12:06:37 AM by Duke.Togo » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 401 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length