RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 19, 2024, 02:18:21 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 2! 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 401 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 2!  (Read 274538 times)
bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #615 on: September 15, 2012, 12:43:15 PM »

You scored with that 3DS.  Previous to the 3DS XL launch, $100 was a great price for a 3DS with no accessories or games.

As far as the Super Nintendo games go, pfft, I got them for free so...  Cover my shipping cost and a few extra bucks and that's fine with me.   I'd rather give someone here a good deal than sell them on eBay even though I could get more on eBay.

PM sent!

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/bickman2k.png[/img]
theGrue
Android Developer
Programmers

Stats
« Reply #616 on: September 15, 2012, 02:55:23 PM »

Hey thread, sorry I haven't been good about posting lately! Here's some stuff I picked up this afternoon for $40, chargers and less exciting accessories not pictured:

[img width=640 height=480]http://i.imgur.com/Dh5Hvl.jpg[/img]

Now that I've got some spare Pokemons, I'm totally going to attempt some Nuzlocke runs.

And a couple weeks ago, I got myself into this mess for $50:

[img width=640 height=480]http://i.imgur.com/8ibGql.jpg[/img]

The guy had posted all the systems to craigslist for $25, but when I got there, he had a bunch of cables and manuals around too. I ended up offering $50 for all of it and he accepted. A handful of the systems were broken, but it shook down to a "Darth Vader" 2600, a 7800, a Commodore VIC-20, an NES, 3 SNESes, 3 GBs, a GBC, 4 Genesises, 4 N64s, 6 PS1s (one chipped!), and a PSone. Notable things found in the other boxes included a Sega Menacer, an NES "DogBone" controller, two Wii power supplies, and power supplies to a Turbografx-CD and a Supergrafx. I wish those consoles were in there!

ixtaileddemonfox
Weapon X
TurboGrafx-16

Stats
« Reply #617 on: September 15, 2012, 03:03:04 PM »

Picked these up at work today

[img width=700 height=525]http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m616/ixtaileddemonfox/100_3739.jpg[/img]

1.Def Jam Vendetta (cib)
2.Fifa International Soccer (cib)
3.The fast and the Furious Soundtrack

RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #618 on: September 15, 2012, 03:34:25 PM »

The guy had posted all the systems to craigslist for $25, but when I got there, he had a bunch of cables and manuals around too. I ended up offering $50 for all of it and he accepted. A handful of the systems were broken, but it shook down to a "Darth Vader" 2600, a 7800, a Commodore VIC-20, an NES, 3 SNESes, 3 GBs, a GBC, 4 Genesises, 4 N64s, 6 PS1s (one chipped!), and a PSone. Notable things found in the other boxes included a Sega Menacer, an NES "DogBone" controller, two Wii power supplies, and power supplies to a Turbografx-CD and a Supergrafx. I wish those consoles were in there!

Wow that's a ton of stuff for only $50.  Straight to ebay!

NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #619 on: September 15, 2012, 03:49:08 PM »

@theGrue: So how long did it take you to untangle all those cords? Looks like at least an hour's worth of work there. Also, I spy a black Gamecube you forgot to mention in that box.

theGrue
Android Developer
Programmers

Stats
« Reply #620 on: September 15, 2012, 04:04:10 PM »

@theGrue: So how long did it take you to untangle all those cords? Looks like at least an hour's worth of work there. Also, I spy a black Gamecube you forgot to mention in that box.

Oh man it took hours, there's another box under that box that was equally full of cords. And keen eye on the GameCubes! I didn't list the broken systems since they'll just be getting dumped off at the local electronics recycler, but there were three of them, all of which didn't read discs. There were also some N64, Genesis, and PS1 systems that didn't work either.

NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #621 on: September 15, 2012, 04:15:57 PM »

Oh man it took hours, there's another box under that box that was equally full of cords. And keen eye on the GameCubes! I didn't list the broken systems since they'll just be getting dumped off at the local electronics recycler, but there were three of them, all of which didn't read discs. There were also some N64, Genesis, and PS1 systems that didn't work either.
You don't save them? I keep all my broken stuff so I can use them for parts in the future. Although I don't think I've ever actually used any for parts...

mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #622 on: September 15, 2012, 06:12:44 PM »

I didn't list the broken systems since they'll just be getting dumped off at the local electronics recycler
WHAT!? They could probably be easily fixed!
Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #623 on: September 15, 2012, 07:33:27 PM »

Hardly anything in the way of video games at my high school's annual rummage sale today...

- Dance Dance Revolution X sealed game & mat bundle for PS2

- Die Hard Trilogy 2: Viva Las Vegas, PS1

- Prima Tak & the Power of Juju strat guide

Though I did find a few other things:

- 6 Nerf guns

- Saitek Mephisto Chess Trainer computer

Not a bad haul for $18 all told.

[img width=475 height=767]http://www.mediafire.com/conv/cc4518a09136d847624223d2aa43ae3b236d786b1a66d634f76f506af28303056g.jpg[/img]
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #624 on: September 15, 2012, 07:34:38 PM »

Great score Grue!

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
theGrue
Android Developer
Programmers

Stats
« Reply #625 on: September 15, 2012, 07:39:01 PM »

Thanks, banana!

WHAT!? They could probably be easily fixed!

Oh I tried any quick fixes I could (cleaning lasers, swabbing contacts), and on some of the PS1s I even swapped around cases with bad eject buttons and laser assemblies from consoles with no video to get a few more working than did initially... But at some point it's just not worth the time anymore. I'm sure I could learn to solder and buy all new capacitors for the motherboards and replace all the lasers... But is it really worth my time and money? These are all dime a dozen consoles here, I'm not recycling a Jaguar or anything fancy.

Or, you can have them for cost of shipping. Tongue

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #626 on: September 15, 2012, 07:59:43 PM »

You know, the vast majority of "broken" systems can be easiliy fixed. Usually it's the laser playing up. Or on older systems you sometimes have to replace an old capacitor or something like that. There's tons of videos on Youtube on that kind of DIY repair stuff.

EDIT: Eh, crap, hadn't read your last post where you basically said the same thing as I did. Grin Of course you're right, it all depends on whether you want to bother with that kind of stuff or not.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 08:02:16 PM by Sirgin » Logged
Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #627 on: September 15, 2012, 08:09:18 PM »

Well-Well after picking up a 32X system last week for next to nothing I have become an addict of the system I used to consider to be useless. I really had no love for that system, or accessory, whatever it is to the Genesis. I guess it's a system.

So I got bit by the 32X bug. So I headed out to my local game store and bought every 32X game they had for around $35. They didn't have much but whatever. Their all loose, but so is your Mom.

I picked up Golf Magazine Presents: 36 Great Holes Starring Fred Couples, Metal Head, Motocross Championship, Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure, Virtua Fighter, Virtua Racing Deluxe, T-Mek, Brutal: Above The Claw, Star Trek: Starfleet Academy, NFL Quarterback Club.

[img width=700 height=525]http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w462/RazorKnuckles/333010.jpg[/img]
Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #628 on: September 15, 2012, 08:25:11 PM »

Their all loose, but so is your Mom.

Why you little-- hey, wait a minute...

I picked up Golf Magazine Presents: 36 Great Holes

Just like your mom.
cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #629 on: September 15, 2012, 09:00:31 PM »

Went to a Community Yard sale today and picked these up for 10.00 total.

Suikoden w/ Strategy Guide ( Well a knock off Strategy Guide anyway )
Star Ocean w/ Strategy Guide
Wild Arms w/ Strategy Guide
Wild Arms 2 w/ Strategy Guide

This picture keeps messing up in the transfer from photobucket.  Sorry
[img width=550 height=413]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h63/railroad1/tn_IMG_1056.jpg[/img]
[img width=550 height=413]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h63/railroad1/tn_IMG_1055.jpg[/img]
[img width=550 height=413]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h63/railroad1/tn_IMG_1052.jpg[/img]

AND picked this Coleco System CIB and Roller Controller CIB w/ 12 games for 100.00.  I don't usually pay that much money for any kind of video game stuff, But the Boxes were amazing and I just couldn't walk away. 

He had 150.00 on it, but I told him all I had was 100.00 and I waved a 100.00 bill in front of him and after thinking for a while he said "well I'll sell you the system for 100" I said all or nothing and he caved. LOL 

[img width=550 height=413]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h63/railroad1/tn_IMG_1050.jpg[/img]
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 09:47:34 PM by cverz2 » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 401 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length