RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 19, 2024, 06:26:58 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 2! 0 Members and 9 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 401 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 2!  (Read 274380 times)
Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #495 on: August 27, 2012, 05:31:37 PM »

I now have 2 complete sets of the Skylanders Sidekicks mini-figures, as well as a  Stunner light gun for Sega Saturn for $2.99.
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #496 on: August 27, 2012, 07:52:35 PM »

Did the first big "hunt" in a very long time. I've gotten lazy and usually hit the same bunch of stores because they are all conveniently placed, but today I hit them all!!! My wife, her friend and my son all went pawn/resale crazy today and hit nearly every store we have available locally. All my usual spots were tapped out and I didnt find anything particularly crazy, but these finds were very satisfying after spending a good chunk of my day driving around town.

Went to a thrift store that I've only ever bought from once in the past 4-5 years and got:

Escape From Monkey Island - CIB - $3
Alien Syndrome - CIB - $2
FF Tactics - $1
FF Anthology - $2
FF Chronicles - $2
FF IX - $4
Chrono Cross - $2

Havnt picked up a PC games since Diablo 2 was fairly new, but my wife spotted Monkey Island and asked about it. Its a cool series and everything is in immaculate shape so I went for it. Also Alien Syndrome is my very first SMS game.

Another shop that I have never purchased anything in before I ended up with a few Genesis goodies:

Might And Magic - CB
King's Bounty - CIB
Shining in the Darkness - CIB

for $10 total

Finally at the last shop I got a free copy of Ultimate Nintendo 64 Pocket Power Guide, 1999 Edition. The guy working that day knows me from one of their other stores and said that I buy enough stuff from them that he was ok with my just taking it!!

Nothing spectacular, but a really fun day of hunting and several items I'm happy to have.

[img width=700 height=525]http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk189/Crabmaster2000/P1010044-1.jpg[/img]

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #497 on: August 27, 2012, 07:57:31 PM »

Shining in the Darkness/Alien Syndrome Canadian variants?

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #498 on: August 27, 2012, 08:17:17 PM »

I'm not to familiar with SEGA stuff. I'll have to check it out.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #499 on: August 27, 2012, 08:32:44 PM »

I'm not to familiar with SEGA stuff. I'll have to check it out.

Genesis branding with multi-lingual support on the back will typically do it. There's a large thread on SegaAge on how to identify the Canadian releases as well.

noiseredux
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #500 on: August 27, 2012, 08:37:20 PM »

@Crabs: nice on the Monkey Island big box!! And those PS1 FF games are always in high enough demand that you can sell them in a day if you don't want them. Some people care about GH/black label, but most will be happy to just add the games to their collection.

RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #501 on: August 27, 2012, 08:50:56 PM »

Nothing spectacular, but a really fun day of hunting and several items I'm happy to have.

[img width=700 height=525]http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk189/Crabmaster2000/P1010044-1.jpg[/img]

Oh, Final Fantasy Tactics.  How I love thee

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #502 on: August 27, 2012, 09:05:28 PM »

Picked up operation flash point red river and madden 09.
Also snagged another 4k MSP

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #503 on: August 28, 2012, 01:09:09 AM »

was a day for hardware, picked up 3 systems locally that i didn't have yet. going by ebay it looks like i more or less got a decent deal on everything, only because shipping to canada is obnoxious. but everything i bought is on the lower end of ebay prices (including shipping) so i'm happy.

Turbo Grafx-16 - $60 - with A/V, power cable, and 1 controller. missing the cover that went over the expansion port, not sure if there was any other purpose to it but that's all it seems to be from what i can see in pictures online. if anyone has one they wouldn't mind giving up send me a pm Cheesy . also came with one loose game, battle royale. i mainly wanted it to play a game i played to death when i was a kid, keith courage in alpha zones, so i went on ebay as soon as i got home and grabbed a CIB copy for $15 after shipping.

Sega Saturn - $60 - also with the cables and one controller. i've literally had no experience with a saturn until now, never knew anyone that owned one. but i've had Nights into Dreams for at least a year without any way of playing it so i thought now was the time. so far i'm very happy with it, and the system battery seems to be working.

Microsoft Xbox - $35 - again with the cables and one controller. i've had 3 games waiting for this, i know the 360 is backwards compatible with some games but it's not with all so i've been wanting to get the original xbox for a while. i doubt i'll do any real "collecting" for it, but it'll be nice to have and i'll keep an eye out for some of the more popular games.

i also grabbed 5 CIB intellivision games for $5 each:

Armor Battle
Bomb Squad
Burgertime (the box for this seems shorter and the inside is designed differently than all the other intellivision game boxes i have, does anyone know if this is a variant or is it possibly someone's homemade box? it seems official but it's just different.)
Lock 'n' Chase (same as burgertime with the box)
Night Stalker

for PS2 i picked up burnout revenge and enter the matrix, both CIB and $5 each.

also got some controllers because that's something i'm badly lacking for a lot of systems. one gamecube, a wiimote + nunchuk (non-motion plus, didn't notice at first but whatever it was only $25 for the pair), and a new rechargeable 360 controller
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #504 on: August 28, 2012, 09:09:06 PM »

Pardon my clutter, little short on space right now with the move.

All of these except Pac Mania are from a deal I made with Duke before I went into "no spending mode".

[img width=700 height=525]http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m503/wildbil52/RFGen/IMG_1238.jpg[/img]

Slowman
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #505 on: August 28, 2012, 10:05:21 PM »

Not sure if I should open it. :p

I could not find one locally at all and I didnt want a used one.  I'm not sure how much longer the DVD drive in my PS2 Phat will last and so I just bought one new from Sony directly.  I had to wait a month for them to get some back in stock if that's any indication of their future plans with it.  It you want a new PS2 for whatever reason, now may be the time.

[img width=700 height=525]http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae229/rswslowman/76EA72FA-3C59-49EF-9148-C41605342AF4-2991-000002D124D2C057.jpg[/img]

[img width=700 height=525]http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae229/rswslowman/8B234A4C-698E-436B-8BA0-0812C2E7E688-2991-000002D12B182EC6.jpg[/img]

PSN - rswslowman
3DS - 1177-8481-5639
RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #506 on: August 28, 2012, 11:08:51 PM »

Cool artwork on the Power Blade.  That's so late 80's early 90's

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #507 on: August 28, 2012, 11:13:25 PM »

@ Techwizard: Very nice hardware grabs. I wouldn't worry about the TG-16 cover, it just makes the system look even larger than it should be when you compare it to the PC Engine. The Saturn is a great machine, and most SEGA releases are worth checking out.

@Bil: Glad to see those pieces of cardboard go to a good home.

@Slowman: I had no idea you could even still buy new PS2's!

I grabbed a lot from Craigslist today that included a wonderful looking SNES, 2 controllers, a Super Game Boy, and 13 minty carts including SMW, SM Kart, DKC 1 & 2, Knights of the Round, Zombies Ate My Neighbors, and more. Also in the box was a Game Shark codebook for multiple systems, and a power cord I can use for the DC I have up for sale that is missing one. Total was $50.

In case anyone is interested, the SNES and many of the games will end up in my sale thread after I decide what games to keep. The SNES looks great with no yellowing that I noticed.

a_hub10
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #508 on: August 29, 2012, 11:28:52 AM »

@Slowman: If you don't mind me asking how much do they charge?  I need a slim.

Finally got a GBA SP AGS-101.  Paid a retail price of $40 for it but it is the only one that I have ever seen with no scratches. 
Slowman
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #509 on: August 29, 2012, 12:41:11 PM »

It was $99.99 + tax.  They gave me free shipping on it since the wait was so long and I'm sure it wouldn't be difficult to talk them into free shipping for you.

PSN - rswslowman
3DS - 1177-8481-5639
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 401 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length