RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 19, 2024, 04:15:09 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 2! 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 401 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 2!  (Read 274322 times)
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #480 on: August 27, 2012, 10:08:16 AM »

Keio - probably the most expensive game for the Sega CD, but not the rarest. Smiley

inRainbows
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #481 on: August 27, 2012, 10:35:41 AM »

Keio - probably the most expensive game for the Sega CD, but not the rarest. Smiley

What would you consider the rarest? I think I'd put it as the rarest, personally.
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #482 on: August 27, 2012, 10:42:05 AM »

What would you consider the rarest? I think I'd put it as the rarest, personally.

It's right up there with Snatcher, Lords of Thunder, Shining Force, Space Adventure, etc.  Depends on who you ask, I guess.

inRainbows
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #483 on: August 27, 2012, 10:50:07 AM »

It's right up there with Snatcher, Lords of Thunder, Shining Force, Space Adventure, etc.  Depends on who you ask, I guess.

Judging from personal experience, and digital press, I put Keio #1. Radical Rex at 2, and lords of thunder / space adventure tied for 3.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #484 on: August 27, 2012, 10:51:56 AM »

It's right up there with Snatcher, Lords of Thunder, Shining Force, Space Adventure, etc.  Depends on who you ask, I guess.

Supply and demand, Bil. Grin

Snatcher, Lords of Thunder and Space Adventure are typically available on eBay because of the high cost point. There was a period of 2 years where I was trying to obtain all of the R6 titles for Sega CD. The hardest one to track down, by far, was Radical Rex. It only came up 6 times total in the 2 year time span, with 4 of them being CIB. The cost for it went from $20, to $60 (which I missed), and then to $200 before I obtained my copy off eBay for $120.

Now, this situation may have changed because of the skyrocketing value for the title, which means that people would be more willing to sell it, but it was definitely the rarest Sega CD title for 3 years.

FWIW, I got my copy of Keio from ShopGoodwill, with a price sticker on it of $10. Mind you, I paid $200 for the lot I picked up, which included Keio and a few top-tier Sega CD games, but I want to know the dumbass that traded those into Goodwill.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 10:55:49 AM by Shadow Kisuragi » Logged

wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #485 on: August 27, 2012, 10:54:37 AM »

Interesting. I guess it's similar to Pitfall for 32X.  Very rarely available for sale even though most people think of Spiderman as the rarest and there is almost always a Spiderman for sale.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #486 on: August 27, 2012, 10:56:19 AM »

Interesting. I guess it's similar to Pitfall for 32X.  Very rarely available for sale even though most people think of Spiderman as the rarest and there is almost always a Spiderman for sale.

Same deal indeed. Overall rarity isn't always an indicator of availability. Grin
You know as well as I do that I would pay the same price for World Series Baseball that I would for Pitfall with the poster.

KidA
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #487 on: August 27, 2012, 11:03:56 AM »

Btw, nice username, KidA. Hah
I was trying to decipher your username, I guess it is In Rainbows haha

inRainbows
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #488 on: August 27, 2012, 02:34:18 PM »

mail day! was a good one too. Got in some stuff from ebay and from nintendoage. and let me just say, armageddonpotatoe over at NA hooked me up, and i will be going back to him for stuff as often as possible. incredible prices and incredible shipping / service.

heres the stuff i got from na

[img width=700 height=522]http://i.imgur.com/o7OfS.jpg[/img]

heres a bunch of ebay stuff (actually the n64 games are from NA too )

[img width=700 height=522]http://i.imgur.com/Iuq9C.jpg[/img]

Little nemo is a dupe, if anyone needs a boxed copy of it.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 02:49:25 PM by inl2ainbows » Logged
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #489 on: August 27, 2012, 02:38:31 PM »

I've dealt with Armageddon a few times over there, he's definitely cool.

You got some GOOD games in there!

inRainbows
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #490 on: August 27, 2012, 02:46:27 PM »

My nes games from him came with plastic containers over the boxes. You wouldn't happen to know where to get those would you bill (or anyone) ?? They are nifty, would love to have all my nes games in them.
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #491 on: August 27, 2012, 02:48:59 PM »

My nes games from him came with plastic containers over the boxes. You wouldn't happen to know where to get those would you bill (or anyone) ?? They are nifty, would love to have all my nes games in them.

They are available lots of places but I buy them from Jim P.   He's a good guy, and hes been making these for a long time.  Tons of different sizes available and VERY fast shipping.  http://www.videogameboxprotectors.com/

Funny little side story-
Whenever there is an area for "special instructions to seller" when I buy something online, I usually request something quirky and am usually ignored.  For my last order of box protectors, I asked Jim to draw a picture of Little Mac fighting Samus on the package.  He did not disappoint.

[img width=700 height=525]http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m503/wildbil52/RFGen/samuslittlemac.jpg[/img]
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 02:54:28 PM by wildbil52 » Logged

wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #492 on: August 27, 2012, 03:04:43 PM »

Judging from personal experience, and digital press, I put Keio #1. Radical Rex at 2, and lords of thunder / space adventure tied for 3.

Speaking of Radical Rex...http://tradengames.com/pr...uct=16680&idcategory=

inRainbows
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #493 on: August 27, 2012, 03:23:10 PM »

Speaking of Radical Rex...http://tradengames.com/pr...uct=16680&idcategory=

Wow, 90$. That's actually a hell of a price. If I didn't have a copy I'd be all over it.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #494 on: August 27, 2012, 04:17:48 PM »

...wow. That's a somewhat fair price for it.

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 401 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length