RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 18, 2024, 02:22:22 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 2! 0 Members and 14 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 401 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 2!  (Read 273702 times)
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #90 on: July 11, 2012, 03:15:55 PM »

Sometimes people are ripped off even if they don't know it.

When I used to work at Gamestop years ago people would pay full price for sports games then trade them in 3-4 months later and always be pissed it wasn't worth more than 2$. Sports games never hold value. The same people who traded in that sports game mad it was worthless buys the same game a few months later for 60$ and kept thinking why does these people keep doing it then?  For 3-4 years in NFL2k5 I just kept making new player or trades and such for the updates. Every team. it was a challenge but fun. Game was still good so didn't need to buy another.

I think you need to look up the definition of rip off. EA is putting a product out their that a person has the choice to purchase, not stealing, cheating, defrauding, etc. If the person purchasing the game wasnt aware of its potential resale value that is not on EA since they dont make the product for a secondary market.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #91 on: July 11, 2012, 03:18:07 PM »

While I agree there doesnt need to be a new game every year to say there is no difference from a sports game not to 10-15 years ago is just stupid. I dont pay full price for sports games because I know they will be cheap soon but what the hell does that have to do with a game being good? The best game in the world should be Air Raid for the 2600 since one sold for 32k.

"And "To hell with you. This industry is part of my soul ever since I could breath. I read up on it daily and books and such for the past 20 years. Even have a friend at R*."

Thank you for that last line it made me laugh.

Also EA is such a bad company for making a profit.

RobotCowhand
Donor

Stats
« Reply #92 on: July 11, 2012, 03:18:31 PM »

Sometimes people are ripped off even if they don't know it.

When I used to work at Gamestop years ago people would pay full price for sports games then trade them in 3-4 months later and always be pissed it wasn't worth more than 2$. Sports games never hold value. The same people who traded in that sports game mad it was worthless buys the same game a few months later for 60$ and kept thinking why does these people keep doing it then?  For 3-4 years in NFL2k5 I just kept making new player or trades and such for the updates. Every team. it was a challenge but fun. Game was still good so didn't need to buy another.

I'm pretty sure at some point in your life you are going to overpay for something; more so in the eyes of someone more knowledgeable than you. The irony of you discussing the act of wasting money on a retro-game forum surely can't even be lost on you? If you are going to hold onto the argument of those titles being "worthless" in a few years I hope you never have to buy a car.

Now please stop shitting in this thread.

\/ Roll Eyes \/
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 03:22:06 PM by RobotCowhand » Logged
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #93 on: July 11, 2012, 03:25:15 PM »

Was it the 20 years of games being in your soul that helped you write that or did you read that in a gaming book? This is a typical post from you. Well I guess it isnt too typical since you didnt call some group of people "idiot".

^ Which one? Tynstar or Bil? Tongue

Could be anyone since I bet everyone is thinking it

Leynos
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #94 on: July 11, 2012, 03:27:12 PM »

Both. Sick of being mocked and sick of my own mental health problems always getting me in trouble then I'm fucking sick of my physical health. Sick of it all. The endless mocking where ever I go driving to want to fucking kill
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 03:29:49 PM by Ryudo » Logged
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #95 on: July 11, 2012, 03:30:56 PM »

Just calm down on the post and you wont be mocked. Seems like half your posts I read are swear worded filled hate about Genre X or system X or service X.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #96 on: July 11, 2012, 03:31:58 PM »

Both. Sick of being mocked and sick of my own mental health problems always getting me in trouble then I'm fucking sick of my physical health. Sick of it all. The endless mocking where ever I go driving to want to fucking kill

No one in here has mocked you or called you names. You've been the only one slinging those around. We've been trying to point out that we all think you're objectively wrong in this case.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #97 on: July 11, 2012, 03:36:19 PM »

To his defense I did say he doesnt know what he is talking about yet again. I am just not a big fan of blank statements. Currenet gen play FIFA 06 and then FIFA 11. Massive massive difference.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #98 on: July 11, 2012, 03:41:16 PM »

So... yeah, how about that Action 52 I got the other day...

bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #99 on: July 11, 2012, 03:46:25 PM »

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/bickman2k.png[/img]
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #100 on: July 11, 2012, 03:58:04 PM »

It is missing the box Smiley

Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #101 on: July 11, 2012, 04:07:41 PM »

Methinks I'll try and lighten things up around here by revealing my small score for today.

[img width=700 height=403]http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/f0d4/ijon7coa617z0qa6g.jpg[/img]

I dropped by the nearest Best Buy, just to see if they had any Skylanders figs I didn't yet have. I was pleasantly surprised to discover the last Wham-Shell they had in stock.

I also found a silicone PSP slipcover with 4-game case for $1.99 on clearance. I'd have preferred one in blue, but at that price, it was a beggars-can't-be-choosers situation.

I called it a day after picking up a CIB copy of Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation for Dreamcast for $1.99 at a nearby Goodwill.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #102 on: July 11, 2012, 06:45:04 PM »

It is missing the box Smiley

It's also missing the slip cover. ^.^

Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #103 on: July 11, 2012, 07:33:40 PM »

All I found was a loose copy of Pokemon Silver on the Gameboy for $2.39 at Goodwill.

They're so hell-bent on giving, walking a wire
Convinced it's not living if you stand outside the fire

-Garth Brooks/Standing Outside The Fire

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #104 on: July 11, 2012, 08:14:23 PM »

I grabbed Super Mario All-Stars, Super Mario All-Stars & Super Mario World, Super Mario Kart, Kirby Super Star, and DK Country 2 all for $20 at the pawn shop today.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 401 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length