RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 18, 2024, 12:22:08 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 2! 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 401 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 2!  (Read 273636 times)
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #75 on: July 11, 2012, 01:40:33 AM »

My wife picked up Skylanders - PS3 for my son today. He has been bugging us for a looooong time for it.

Duke, what did that set you back?

Just a big trade of loose SNES games. Nothing I can't rebuild much easier than finding Action 52 with a manual again.

I expect hear in detail about every single game on that cart!

Idiots who spend 60$ a year for the same game just with roster updates blows my mind. Those idiots is the only reason why they just don't release one Madden per console gen and just have season update DLC.

Why is someone an idiot for buying something they like?

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
RobotCowhand
Donor

Stats
« Reply #76 on: July 11, 2012, 08:28:41 AM »

OK, lets get this place back on track with some pictures.

I picked up a lot today from a local guy who found this stuff in the attic. I'll prefix by saying that all games are complete in box, mostly with feelies too.

I'll get you warmed up with a bunch of sports games. Even this has some value, since the PGA Golf is the Green Box, 1st Edition variant.

No big deal? OK. How about some popular, great condition titles?

Still nothing? Alright...let me show you these.

Sorry Togo! I guess I don't need that TJ&E now. Let's take a look at the Batman...

Yep, variant with the NES screenshots on the back. What's next?

Oh...odd. Lets take a look inside.

2 mint TJ&E posters!! Now, I ask you, could this lot get any better?

The retail boxed version of Sonic is just gravy.

Total cost? $90.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #77 on: July 11, 2012, 08:38:48 AM »

Wicked Sega bundle! I havnt seen one of those model 1 console boxes forever. Thats the box I tore into as a kid and then probably threw in the trash shortly after Sad

I played the crap out of The Tick when I was young too. I'd love to find a copy for myself that looks as good as that one up there. I wonder why it was MA-13 though?

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

RobotCowhand
Donor

Stats
« Reply #78 on: July 11, 2012, 09:13:54 AM »

Same here. I snapped it up, but not before knocking the guy down from $150. I'm torn if I should use that Genny as my play one, it's my first HDG model.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #79 on: July 11, 2012, 09:23:19 AM »

Great score sir!

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #80 on: July 11, 2012, 10:13:50 AM »

Idiots who spend 60$ a year for the same game just with roster updates blows my mind. Those idiots is the only reason why they just don't release one Madden per console gen and just have season update DLC.

Yet again you have no clue what you are talking about.

RobotCowhand -  That is a hell of a score!

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #81 on: July 11, 2012, 12:46:52 PM »

Fantastic score CowHand, and no worries, that TJ&E will find a good home somewhere.

KidA
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #82 on: July 11, 2012, 02:32:36 PM »

After lengthy negotiations, and missing out on three key games, I finally received this in the mail today from a fellow overseas from the the land of the Brits.
[img width=500 height=375]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7108/7551505750_96d795e1c6.jpg[/img]
During the time that these guys were in the air, I miraculously found a source for all remaining GP32 games, minus one title -__-

Leynos
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #83 on: July 11, 2012, 02:38:15 PM »

How?Years ago I was one of the sheep who bought Madden every year for N64 & Gamecube.  I stopped when I realized it's stupid to be paying full price for a roster update. When NFL 2K5 came around there was finally a football game that did things different. Not to mention they charged only 20$ new. Was a hell of a smart move. I only recently tied a demo of Madden 12 and it was the same game I played in 2003. EA is smart but greedy. Charging suckers.

Also Yet again? To hell with you. This industry is part of my soul ever since I could breath. I read up on it daily and books and such for the past 20 years. Even have a friend at R*.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 02:47:00 PM by Ryudo » Logged
KidA
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #84 on: July 11, 2012, 02:43:38 PM »

FIFA 2012 guys ;]

wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #85 on: July 11, 2012, 02:52:03 PM »

I can't speak for the Madden series, but I've purchased an NHL game almost every year since NHL 94 and except for a couple of games that weren't very good in the mid 90s when both 2K and EA got a little lazy, I haven't regretted buying any of them.  EA Canada has done a good job over the past few years making substantial improvements to most of the fundamental gameplay systems with each iteration.

Also, I almost NEVER pay $60 for any new game.  The NHL games typically come out in September.  Within 2 months I've always been able to find a copy for $35 or less with all of the sales during that time of year.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #86 on: July 11, 2012, 02:53:15 PM »

How?Years ago I was one of the sheep who bought Madden every year for N64 & Gamecube.  I stopped when I realized it's stupid to be paying full price for a roster update. When NFL 2K5 came around there was finally a football game that did things different. Not to mention they charged only 20$ new. Was a hell of a smart move. I only recently tied a demo of Madden 12 and it was the same game I played in 2003. EA is smart but greedy. Charging suckers.

Also Yet again? To hell with you. This industry is part of my soul ever since I could breath. I read up on it daily and books and such for the past 20 years. Even have a friend at R*.

I think the basic point is that just because you dont see the value in something doesnt make someone else an idiot for thinking its worthwhile.

Hungrymoose
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #87 on: July 11, 2012, 02:58:55 PM »

... it's stupid to be paying full price for a roster update.
I think everyone spends money on stuff someone else will think is stupid.  I don't buy a lot of CDs any more but if one of my fave artists releases a CD in more than 1 edition I will buy both even if there's only 1 additional song on it.  Or if a greatest hits comes out, I will buy it even if I own all the songs on previous CDs.

Leynos
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #88 on: July 11, 2012, 03:04:29 PM »

Sometimes people are ripped off even if they don't know it.

When I used to work at Gamestop years ago people would pay full price for sports games then trade them in 3-4 months later and always be pissed it wasn't worth more than 2$. Sports games never hold value. The same people who traded in that sports game mad it was worthless buys the same game a few months later for 60$ and kept thinking why does these people keep doing it then?  For 3-4 years in NFL2k5 I just kept making new player or trades and such for the updates. Every team. it was a challenge but fun. Game was still good so didn't need to buy another.
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #89 on: July 11, 2012, 03:10:04 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 401 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length