RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 27, 2024, 10:23:38 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 2! 0 Members and 10 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 401 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 2!  (Read 289269 times)
RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2012, 07:01:17 PM »

i don't mind playing some sports games, especially if they're unique but even some of the blockbuster ones like the ea sports series. the problem is that there's just so many of them, and each new one is hardly changed from the previous because they're based on real games...it's not like you can change the gameplay significantly. the only changes to them are usually graphics and player rosters.

they might get less hate if they weren't released annually just about since gaming started, or at least since the late 80s.

Yeah.  It's just a matter of time before they release sports titles semi-annually and release weekly updates online for players stats, team stats, etc... Or not, now that I think about it.  EA makes so much money off the new releases they have no reason to slow down yet

Hungrymoose
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2012, 07:12:43 PM »

Duke, what did that set you back?

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2012, 07:19:45 PM »

Just a big trade of loose SNES games. Nothing I can't rebuild much easier than finding Action 52 with a manual again.

Hungrymoose
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2012, 07:21:32 PM »

What is any game if not a sim of some kind?
I just like giving people a hard time who like sports games.   Nothing wring with something you enjoy.  I also hate watching any sports on TV so the thought of playing a game of one just doesn't appeal to me.

And you're right, every game "simulates" something but when I think of a simulation type game I'm thinking of things like:  flight sims, sim city, train sims, stuff like that.  Something that simulates a physical action.

And btw, that autographed game is freaking cool.  Smiley

Hungrymoose
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2012, 07:21:47 PM »

Just a big trade of loose SNES games. Nothing I can't rebuild much easier than finding Action 52 with a manual again.
awesome, I'm very jealous. Tongue

noiseredux
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #65 on: July 10, 2012, 07:26:06 PM »

o... k?

I see them everyday, and I'd rather play them than simulate them. That's just me though - I don't find much enjoyment from simulating something I could be doing instead.

yeah that's fine. I'm just saying I don't understand discounting an entire genre of games. There's tons of basketball games I like a lot (recently 2K series for instance. But I would figure that even non-sports fans would enjoy stray titles like NHL 94 -- I know I did (still do) and am not a hockey fan. Or Tecmo Super Bowl? NBA Jam? DOA Xtreme Volleyball? Tongue

I love me some NHL '93, and arcade-style sports games. I just can't get into the newer sports simulation stuff.

didn't mean to de-rail the thread... but I will say that I love the 2K basketball series. But I don't buy them every year. I kind of wait for reasons to upgrade -- usually special features or additions. I tend to buy entries every few years. And I have a thing where I'll buy (collect) basketball games that have Celtic covers.

RobotCowhand
Donor

Stats
« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2012, 07:39:53 PM »

Next time I make a comment like that I'll be sure to use the sarcasm tags Wink
noiseredux
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #67 on: July 10, 2012, 08:17:09 PM »

Next time I make a comment like that I'll be sure to use the sarcasm tags Wink

hahahha, that makes my derailment even worse. Cheesy

Leynos
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #68 on: July 10, 2012, 08:30:13 PM »

Idiots who spend 60$ a year for the same game just with roster updates blows my mind. Those idiots is the only reason why they just don't release one Madden per console gen and just have season update DLC.
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #69 on: July 10, 2012, 08:46:19 PM »

Seriously, everyone.  Small scores thread.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #70 on: July 10, 2012, 08:54:13 PM »

Nice score Duke.  That cart looks nice too.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #71 on: July 10, 2012, 09:26:51 PM »

Nice score Duke.  That cart looks nice too.

Thanks. I'm surprised at how easy it was to take it apart to clean everything. No screws, just some super weak glue holding it together. Seriously, I barely even pulled on it. Got it cleaned up and a little super glue and it's great.

The manual if kind of strange in that it includes so many foreign languages, even arabic. They must have really wanted to market this worldwide.

Hungrymoose
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #72 on: July 10, 2012, 09:48:43 PM »

Small scores...to settle thread!  Muahahahahah

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #73 on: July 10, 2012, 09:51:36 PM »

Coming from the person that ruled the thread for 2 weeks?

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #74 on: July 10, 2012, 10:09:40 PM »

There be no big scores thread. Arrrrrrggggghhhhh!!!!! (insert pirate emoticon here)

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 401 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length