RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 19, 2024, 04:19:44 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 2! 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 401 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 2!  (Read 274587 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #660 on: September 17, 2012, 09:53:28 PM »

Honestly, if I had the money to part with it, I would've handed him his last 32X item instead. He's missing Web of Fire, but it's gone up in price lately and the sticker shock's a bit much for now ($350+).

...now, I just need to find a shirt for banana and Duke.

shirt eahhhhh?? Smiley

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
ProjectG.U.E.S.T.
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #661 on: September 17, 2012, 10:07:54 PM »

Just passed my addy to a friend so he could send me some doubles he had on Sonic 2 and Gold Cart Legend of Zelda. Very excited! Basic stuff, I know, but the S2 will go great with my recently acquired Sonic and Knuckles, and I have a strong strong fondness for the Legend of Zelda franchise.

No scores are ever insignificant.  Almost everyone here can probably how happy they were when they first scored a Zelda gold cart.

Always had to borrow it when I was a kid. Stoked to finally have one of my own!

Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #662 on: September 17, 2012, 10:42:21 PM »

Hey now!

Today I picked up two "heavy" DSes for $24.00.

[img width=395 height=464]http://www.mediafire.com/conv/5bd83f71c886991f58c033cd09318ad4f946befee8e94256dac9cf38b26b73c86g.jpg[/img]

One of 'em has an odd behavior: when you turn it on after putting in a GBA cart, it will automatically start up the GBA game, instead of displaying the DS start screen. Also, it displays the GBA game on the lower screen, rather than the upper one.

[img width=336 height=379]http://www.mediafire.com/conv/936d04704370c5424ee2858598384d7d4783bdd705cc99a669a9ab4c396cf2ce6g.jpg[/img]

It's a similar deal if you have a DS game in when you turn it on. It'll go to the DS start screen, but when you "Touch the Touch Screen to Continue," instea of going to the main menu, it starts up the inserted DS game.

If you want to access the main menu, you can't have any game inserted.

BTW has anybody seen this before? And if so, is there a way to correct it?
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #663 on: September 17, 2012, 11:07:49 PM »

^ I thought this was a preference in the settings, but it has been a while. I still have my launch DS, and I think the "fat" model isn't as bad as everyone makes them out to be.

mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #664 on: September 18, 2012, 01:08:39 AM »

I thought this was a preference in the settings, but it has been a while.
Yeah, those are settings. I had my DS lite near me so I checked for myself.
Quackula
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #665 on: September 18, 2012, 01:28:26 AM »

Picked all this up from a guy on Racketboy for $35. Missing AC adapter, but I was able to use my genesis adapter to test it and it works fine. RF connector seems a little flaky, but i was going to AV mod it anyway.

I'd been wanting a Turbografx for a long time, but Ebay sellers seemed to regularly want 70-90 bucks on one in rough condition with maybe a copy of Keith Courage. This one however is in pretty decent cosmetic shape though, and I managed to snag at least 3 great titles right off the bat!

Any Turbografx recommendations from anyone? I'm planning to at least pick up Air Zonk and Splatterhouse at some point.
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #666 on: September 18, 2012, 01:32:43 AM »

That is a fantastic pick up for $35. If you want to keep your Turbo pristine, you can wire composite straight from the expansion port with a do it yourself cable: http://www.cgquarterly.com/articles/tg16_cable.htm

Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #667 on: September 18, 2012, 01:46:19 AM »

I thought this was a preference in the settings, but it has been a while.
Yeah, those are settings. I had my DS lite near me so I checked for myself.

Yeah, I just fiddled around with the main settings, and managed to reset everything back to "normal."
Quackula
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #668 on: September 18, 2012, 02:32:47 AM »

That is a fantastic pick up for $35. If you want to keep your Turbo pristine, you can wire composite straight from the expansion port with a do it yourself cable: http://www.cgquarterly.com/articles/tg16_cable.htm
Yeah, that's pretty much what I'm planning to do.

I noticed on a pinout for the expansion port that it has outputs for RGB, so I'll probably just do that instead actually.
ProjectG.U.E.S.T.
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #669 on: September 18, 2012, 04:37:57 AM »

$35 AND it still has the back piece? Awesome find!

noiseredux
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #670 on: September 18, 2012, 07:14:16 AM »

great find Apple! TG16 is an awesome console, and you got both Bonk's with it! BTW, isn't Air Zonk a CD game? You're planning to grab the TGCD then as well?

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #671 on: September 18, 2012, 07:46:11 AM »

Picked all this up from a guy on Racketboy for $35. Missing AC adapter, but I was able to use my genesis adapter to test it and it works fine. RF connector seems a little flaky, but i was going to AV mod it anyway.

I'd been wanting a Turbografx for a long time, but Ebay sellers seemed to regularly want 70-90 bucks on one in rough condition with maybe a copy of Keith Courage. This one however is in pretty decent cosmetic shape though, and I managed to snag at least 3 great titles right off the bat!

Any Turbografx recommendations from anyone? I'm planning to at least pick up Air Zonk and Splatterhouse at some point.

Try Blazing Lazers and Devils/Alien Crush. Also congrats on a great pick up!

@noiseredux: Air Zonk is a Hucard while Super Air Zonk is a CD.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 07:51:29 AM by Addicted » Logged

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
noiseredux
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #672 on: September 18, 2012, 08:10:03 AM »

Super... Air Zonk?! I don't think I ever realized there were two Air Zonks. Are they the same game and the CD version is just enhanced, or is Super a sequel?

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #673 on: September 18, 2012, 08:27:18 AM »

Super... Air Zonk?! I don't think I ever realized there were two Air Zonks. Are they the same game and the CD version is just enhanced, or is Super a sequel?

I had to look this one up. According to wikipedia:

Air Zonk received a sequel in 1993 -- Super Air Zonk: Rockabilly-Paradise (also known as CD Denjin Rockabilly), which was released in the SuperCD format and requires the Super System Card to play on first-generation TurboGrafx-CD consoles. As its name would imply, the game has a CD audio soundtrack consisting of rockabilly music. The game contains all new levels, assistants, and enemies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Zonk

« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 08:39:55 AM by Addicted » Logged

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Quackula
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #674 on: September 18, 2012, 08:31:16 AM »

great find Apple! TG16 is an awesome console, and you got both Bonk's with it! BTW, isn't Air Zonk a CD game? You're planning to grab the TGCD then as well?
The copy of Air Zonk I saw on ebay was a HuCard, so yeah.

And I'd totally love to get a TGCD eventually. It's just that it's a really expensive addon so it might be a while before I get one.

EDIT: I'll be sure to pick up Blazing Lasers and Alien/Devil's Crush. I've heard good things about them.

One thing I didn't really think about that ended up being a pleasant surprise was the controller. It's more comfy than it looks, d-pad feels really nice.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 08:44:06 AM by Quackula » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 401 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length