RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 18, 2024, 02:06:43 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 2! 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 393 394 [395] 396 397 ... 401 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 2!  (Read 273680 times)
russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5910 on: July 27, 2013, 02:49:38 PM »

Nice score. I heard micro machines were fun. I have to see if I can find my old sets of them. So sweet.
Can't go wrong with TMNT either.

Now your playing with power!
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #5911 on: July 27, 2013, 04:57:16 PM »

Foil dual lands!!!! Nice!!!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5912 on: July 27, 2013, 06:02:55 PM »

Greetings from Terra,

I mined a modest vein of vidya gold last night.

[img width=700 height=623]http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y409/Zagnorch/Score7-27-2013_zps28214aa7.jpg?t=1374879015[/img]

CIB PS2 & GC games, $3.79 each:

- Castlevania: Curse of Darkness

- Dark Cloud 2
: All right, now I have a replacement for my somewhat off-condition copy!

- Baten Kaitos: At first I thought this was sealed, but it turned out to be a reseal. Fortunately, everything was in pretty good shape; the discs sported a few very light scratches and a bit of dandruff.

Also picked up:

- CIB Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, $15.99: a little Target-salvage goodness. Now if I could only find a reasonably priced T-sal copy of Game & Wario and Luigi's Mansion 2...

- Spyro Superpack cart, $2.99: contains the Season of Ice and Season of Flame GBA titles.

- K'Nex Super Mario series 2 blind-bagged Wario, Daisy, Boo, and Koopa Paratroopa mini-figures: Took advantage of TRU's buy-one-get-one-half-off promo. I was able to get the figures I wanted on the first try with the help of a UPC decoder at:

http://www.oafe.net/blog/...ind-bagged-figure-decoder

'Late
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 06:09:22 PM by Zagnorch » Logged
BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #5913 on: July 27, 2013, 06:13:05 PM »

Foil dual lands!!!! Nice!!!

So, so nice.
RBT
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #5914 on: July 28, 2013, 10:24:21 AM »

A small eBay bargain Smiley
 URL=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/RBT847/media/DSC_1329_zpsafd9f75f.jpg.html][img width=700 height=700]http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z382/RBT847/DSC_1329_zpsafd9f75f.jpg[/img][/URL]
Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5915 on: July 28, 2013, 12:11:22 PM »

Personally, I think a good Windows XP machine with DOSbox installed is about all you need for old PC games. What doesn't run on DOS will usually run on XP.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 02:01:14 PM by shoboni » Logged

They're so hell-bent on giving, walking a wire
Convinced it's not living if you stand outside the fire

-Garth Brooks/Standing Outside The Fire

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5916 on: July 28, 2013, 01:55:25 PM »

Personally, I think a good Windows XP machine with DOSbox installed is about all you need for old PC game. What doesn't run on DOS will usually run on XP.

Get him nupoile!

Seriously though, in some ways you are right.  Running multiple versions of DOSbox on any OS (mine is Ubuntu) allows you run many different (though not all) DOS games.  It is a massive boon when dealing with different video outputs (CGA, EGA) that require specific CRT monitors or adapters to work.  Also, one of the nice things about DOS, PC,  and PC-compatible games is that the experience is often less tactile-based then on consoles and 8-bit microcomputers (though there is something to be said for floppies, tape drives, and mechanical keyboards).  Playing Dune 2 in now is the same as in 1992 (more or less).  Still...  there are differences, and unfortunately I am not experienced enough with pre-Windows 98SE to explain them properly.

Due to my inexperience with pre-1999 computer hardware and software (outside of theory), I plan on writing a few articles about getting my Windows 95 gaming PC to run.  Should be fun.  In theory, anyways.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5917 on: July 28, 2013, 02:00:48 PM »

Personally, I think a good Windows XP machine with DOSbox installed is about all you need for old PC game. What doesn't run on DOS will usually run on XP.

Get him nupoile!

Seriously though, in some ways you are right.  Running multiple versions of DOSbox on any OS (mine is Ubuntu) allows you run many different (though not all) DOS games.  It is a massive boon when dealing with different video outputs (CGA, EGA) that require specific CRT monitors or adapters to work.  Also, one of the nice things about DOS, PC,  and PC-compatible games is that the experience is often less tactile-based then on consoles and 8-bit microcomputers (though there is something to be said for floppies, tape drives, and mechanical keyboards).  Playing Dune 2 in now is the same as in 1992 (more or less).  Still...  there are differences, and unfortunately I am not experienced enough with pre-Windows 98SE to explain them properly.

Due to my inexperience with pre-1999 computer hardware and software (outside of theory), I plan on writing a few articles about getting my Windows 95 gaming PC to run.  Should be fun.  In theory, anyways.

I have a stuff for normal floppies around here(the XP has a drive in it, and I have a couple USB ones for newer computers), not the big ones though.

RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #5918 on: July 28, 2013, 11:20:46 PM »

A small eBay bargain Smiley
 URL=http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/RBT847/media/DSC_1329_zpsafd9f75f.jpg.html][img width=700 height=700]http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z382/RBT847/DSC_1329_zpsafd9f75f.jpg[/img][/URL]

Welcome to the family!

Also Zag i had no idea they made a Dark Cloud 2.  Is it any good?

xtincthed
Virtual Boy

WWW Stats
« Reply #5919 on: July 29, 2013, 06:20:30 AM »

a new finds video with a one of a kind Medievil "press kit"

[img width=400 height=100]http://www.dr-retro.com/banner_big.png[/img]
Dr. Retro's Video Game Channel
Website - Youtube - Facebook
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #5920 on: July 29, 2013, 08:04:26 AM »

I had some decent pick ups this weekend.

Grabbed a copy of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (Taito variant); I have the Ubi Soft variant, so I thought why not? Got the Sears variant of Space Invaders, which I did not have and picked up a little bit nicer Ferrari Grand Prix and Untouchables (movie variant) to replace my copies. The Untouchables pictured (slight end label damage) and a copy of Ferrari Grand Prix with no marker will be FS.

[img width=700 height=393]http://i1029.photobucket.com/albums/y359/necrom99/Games_zps57583387.jpg[/img]

Also got up at 5 a.m. yesterday to drive 2.5 hours (5 hours both ways) to pick up this:

[img width=700 height=393]http://i1029.photobucket.com/albums/y359/necrom99/Barracora/DSCN3094_zps1497db15.jpg[/img]

[img width=700 height=393]http://i1029.photobucket.com/albums/y359/necrom99/Barracora/DSCN3085_zps5686a997.jpg[/img]

[img width=576 height=1024]http://i1029.photobucket.com/albums/y359/necrom99/Barracora/7c6aa623-08ac-4d47-a3c3-d04fa2134ffa_zps547b6477.jpg[/img]

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #5921 on: July 29, 2013, 11:08:54 AM »

Get him nupoile!

Ha ha!

Like bombatomba said, for the most part XP machines are fine, DOSbox is such an awesome tool for playing old pc games.

There are games which just refuse to run on anything but a true Win 95 machine. Not very many but I have a few. Sometimes there are workarounds, you can find a different version of the game, maybe its on GOG and you can get it to work. It's possible there are ways to trick the Win95 only games into working on other platforms, I've had a little help working on that, without success though.

Another thing is once you start getting into XP and newer, your odds of having a gameport on the machine go way down. There are workarounds for that too but not free ones  Smiley

And it's just simply fun to have a period correct machine for some games. Sometimes part of the fun is matching up the requirements of the game to the machine. I have a hot rodded 233mhz MMX machine that is just perfect for running things like Jedi Knight and Incoming!
Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5922 on: July 29, 2013, 12:16:42 PM »

Get him nupoile!

Ha ha!

Like bombatomba said, for the most part XP machines are fine, DOSbox is such an awesome tool for playing old pc games.

There are games which just refuse to run on anything but a true Win 95 machine. Not very many but I have a few. Sometimes there are workarounds, you can find a different version of the game, maybe its on GOG and you can get it to work. It's possible there are ways to trick the Win95 only games into working on other platforms, I've had a little help working on that, without success though.

Another thing is once you start getting into XP and newer, your odds of having a gameport on the machine go way down. There are workarounds for that too but not free ones  Smiley

And it's just simply fun to have a period correct machine for some games. Sometimes part of the fun is matching up the requirements of the game to the machine. I have a hot rodded 233mhz MMX machine that is just perfect for running things like Jedi Knight and Incoming!

I've never had a problem running anything but DOS games on WinXPs compatibility mode, and I've run a lot of obscure kids games and things.  I have a Windows 8 as a main computer here, but a WinXP VM and copy of DOSbox have done wonders for running old stuff on it. 

InvadErGII
CD-i
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5923 on: July 29, 2013, 12:41:20 PM »

Grabbed a copy of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (Taito variant); I have the Ubi Soft variant, so I thought why not?

Aren't these actually two different games? I swear I read that somewhere. Great finds all around - that table looks great!

GamerNick
Collector of All Things Video Game Related
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5924 on: July 29, 2013, 12:52:39 PM »

Yes two totally different games

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
Looking for CIB - NES Games or Boxes & Manuals in Bulk.
Pages: 1 ... 393 394 [395] 396 397 ... 401 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length