RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 19, 2024, 10:31:43 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 2! 0 Members and 9 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 376 377 [378] 379 380 ... 401 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 2!  (Read 264112 times)
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5655 on: July 12, 2013, 06:13:07 PM »

Duke, you know I've got my copy of Sunday Funday sitting here waiting for you should it ever come up. Work on the licensed stuff first. Wink

I appreciate the thought. I'm thinking to go for some of those I would probably need to sell some things off, or just play it really slow and hope for a little luck.

Oh my.  I'm about to leave work and I found another CDi in the scrap box.  No controller, still, but it's a CDi.

Very nice. They don't like CD-i's much there, do they?

noiseredux
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #5656 on: July 12, 2013, 06:34:39 PM »

Ikaruga is fantastic!  If you don't have Chaos Field for the GC be on the lookout for it if you're a fan of shooters.

I fell in love with it playing a "backup" of a Japanese copy for Dreamcast, and was hoping I'd stumble across a GameCube version of it someday.  Lo and Behold, Nick found it when we were poking through a pile of stuff our favorite shop had just bought in (as well as the black label Smash Bros I had been looking for).   Made my day!

I think Chaos Field is BETTER than Ikaruga. I don't care. Come at me.

Then again, I also think Radiant Silvergun is ridiculously overrated. So what do I know?

Johnny Nintendo
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5657 on: July 12, 2013, 07:11:20 PM »

[img width=700 height=419]http://i1360.photobucket.com/albums/r647/JohnnyNintendo/utf-8BSU1BRzE3NjguanBn_zps70044fa8.jpg[/img]

Picked up:

Xenoblade Chronicles for $10

I paid $2.00 a piece for the PS2 games, and they are:

Ico
Final Fantasy X-2
Shining Tears
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil Code: Veronica X
Resident Evil Outbreak
Devil May Cry
Devil May Cry 2
Devil May Cry 3

Looking for CIB NES games..........even Silent Service.
I once made the mistake of smelling a NES cart.  Man, the last guy that blew in it must have had bad breath, because it smelled like a sack full of assholes.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #5658 on: July 12, 2013, 07:19:32 PM »

I need to fix the tray door on my CD-i...

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #5659 on: July 12, 2013, 08:18:29 PM »

[img width=700 height=419]http://i1360.photobucket.com/albums/r647/JohnnyNintendo/utf-8BSU1BRzE3NjguanBn_zps70044fa8.jpg[/img]

Picked up:

Ico
Final Fantasy X-2
Shining Tears
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil Outbreak
Devil May Cry
Devil May Cry 2
Devil May Cry 3

That is a great haul!!!

@noiseredux - I wouldnt go that far, but Ikaruga and Chaos Field are both fantastic Smiley

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5660 on: July 12, 2013, 08:21:51 PM »

Finally broke off from all the Big Gulps you've rested on it over the last few years, huh?

I mean, that's really the only useful purpose for the thing, right?  Grin
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #5661 on: July 12, 2013, 08:27:49 PM »

Finally broke off from all the Big Gulps you've rested on it over the last few years, huh?

I mean, that's really the only useful purpose for the thing, right?  Grin

The man who had it before me broke it with the Big Gulps, unfortunately (and not kidding too). The tray just came off the track - need to open it and realign it.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #5662 on: July 12, 2013, 08:35:22 PM »

Picked up:

Ico
Final Fantasy X-2
Shining Tears
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil Outbreak
Devil May Cry
Devil May Cry 2
Devil May Cry 3

That's amazing! Congrats on the fantastic score!

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5663 on: July 12, 2013, 08:37:31 PM »

Somebody must of just dumped a load of awesome at my thrifts lately cause I've picked a ton of awesome things in the past few days, mostly Nintendo stuff. I didn't plan to hit any thrifts today but glad I did!

[img width=700 height=525]http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w462/RazorKnuckles/ninc007_zpsca72e5d0.jpg[/img]

Donkey Kong Country 1,2 & 3 (SNES)
Super Mario RPG (SNES)       Really beat up label Sad
Super Mario World (SNES)
Chester Cheetah: Too Cool to Fool (SNES)
The Movies (PC)
Ratchet & Clank (PS2)
Ratchet & Clank Going Commando (PS2)
Ratchet & Clank Up Your Arsenal (PS2)
Third Party Mini PS2 Controller
Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5664 on: July 12, 2013, 08:40:59 PM »

Somebody must of just dumped a load of awesome at my thrifts lately cause I've picked a ton of awesome things in the past few days, mostly Nintendo stuff. I didn't plan to hit any thrifts today but glad I did!

[img width=700 height=525]http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w462/RazorKnuckles/ninc007_zpsca72e5d0.jpg[/img]

Donkey Kong Country 1,2 & 3 (SNES)
Super Mario RPG (SNES)       Really beat up label Sad
Super Mario World (SNES)
Chester Cheetah: Too Cool to Fool (SNES)
The Movies (PC)
Ratchet & Clank (PS2)
Ratchet & Clank Going Commando (PS2)
Ratchet & Clank Up Your Arsenal (PS2)
Third Party Mini PS2 Controller

Well, that figures: everybody's cleaning up at the thrifts while i haven't found jack piddly.

Ah well, there's the promise of garage-sale gold tomorrow morning at least.

And congrats to everyone all around for your astounding pick-ups.
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #5665 on: July 12, 2013, 08:56:32 PM »

Scored a Odyssey2 in the box.  18 games in a storage box all with manuals!! Guess I'm on the bandwagon!!  Pics tomorrow!

Good job being on the wagon. I want to see some pictures!

@engel762  Nice, "stacks of paper"

@Razor Knuckles   The Wife really likes The Movies, I kinda like it too. At least give it a try so you get the experience.

@bombatomba     The elusive CD-i....I have yet to find one, even after looking at all the crummy DVD players at thrift stores. Can you run CD-i's in SLI I wonder.........
GamerNick
Collector of All Things Video Game Related
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5666 on: July 12, 2013, 09:28:23 PM »

Hey everyone. Not any huge purchases (but someday soon there might be) but got some decent stuff today at some decent prices while I was out with Engel and my brother.  Didn't have a ton to spend so didn't buy anything really super expensive (won't be for a while).

Firstly we went to HPB - I picked up two cheap comics from the 80's - TMNT Adventures #25 and Karate Kommandos, then as we were in the strategy guides and "games" section I found the Elder Scrolls III Morrrowind GOY Guide in really good shape for $9.99 but wait I had a 20% off highest priced item coupon so it knocked it down to $7.99!  Looked the guide up on Amazon its $23.00 and up Used and over $100 new?!? HUH?!?  Also surprised I didn't have this one already ;-) 
Summary -
*Elder Scrolls - $7.99
*Comics - $0.50 a Piece

Then we were off to Gamers (the best one in town) Not much there sadly - for trip "around the world" for engel he bought me Lethal Enforcers II on the Sega CD.  Then for my brothers birthday tomorrow I bought him Simpsons Bart Meets Radioactive Man and I bought for myself (FU** You) Dolphin on Atari 2600.
Summary -
*Simpsons Game Gear - $4.00
*Dolphin - $0.95
*Lethal Enforcers II - Sega CD - Travel Trade - $3.95

Gamers 2 - No story really - they did have a Donkey Kong Jr. Math for $40 but we already have it except for Engel wish I had some extra cash would of bought it for him. 
Summary -
*Po'ed - Long Box PS1 (Been wanting this one for a while - mostly want it on 3DO). - $4.00

Then off to probably our favorite local store pretty much now since he moved he got in a bunch of stuff so much that I wish I had a ton of money but I walked away with putting some money on layaway and buying a not so great condition (lots of stickers) box of Kings of the Beach and well the manual in there is in good shape so its all good Smiley
Summary -
*Brother got a Homer Pin Pal Plush for his B-Day for FREE!!
*Kings of the Beach box and Manual - $6.00 (probably too much for the condition but o-well)

Yesterday - CD Tradepost - Star Trek: Shattered Universe on PS2 - Great Condition
In the Mail from eBay - Virtual Springfield - My brother picked that up and I didn't know that.

Here's the picture:
[img width=700 height=525]http://i861.photobucket.com/albums/ab172/niceguy1283/100_4596_zps7f0ddec6.jpg[/img]

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
Looking for CIB - NES Games or Boxes & Manuals in Bulk.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #5667 on: July 12, 2013, 11:16:18 PM »

Dolphin isn't actually a bad game. Hard to go wrong with Activision.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #5668 on: July 12, 2013, 11:49:31 PM »

[img width=700 height=393]http://i1029.photobucket.com/albums/y359/necrom99/KillerSats_zpsd2982c3e.jpg[/img]

Picked up Tom Sawyer yesterday. Already have a copy, so this one is for sale. Received  Gun.Smoke variant from one of our newer members, smith45885, very friendly guy and am very happy with the game and our trade. Got the RR2 from good ole Johnny Nintendo; spend that money wisely on diapers my friend, appreciate you looking out for the 'Naner. Only 13 more licensed games remaining.

Well......the Killer Satelites (Starpath) doesn't have quite the "bang" as last years' Father's Days gifts (for those who remember), but I'm really pleased to knock out another CIB game for my set. The wife bought it from atari2600.com and it was a little slow arriving. However, I really recommend that site and have always gotten quality gear from there at a good price.

Been a damn good month for the 'Naner.  Grin

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
GamerNick
Collector of All Things Video Game Related
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5669 on: July 12, 2013, 11:51:03 PM »

Dolphin isn't actually a bad game. Hard to go wrong with Activision.

I know Activision are my favorite Atari 2600 games..The reference I was referring to as in F**ck You Dolphin is from a South Park about when they make fun of Whale Hunters and the Japanese hunt Dolphin and Whale. :-) Sorry little satire humor.

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
Looking for CIB - NES Games or Boxes & Manuals in Bulk.
Pages: 1 ... 376 377 [378] 379 380 ... 401 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length