RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 21, 2024, 12:26:20 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 2! 0 Members and 14 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 401 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 2!  (Read 264862 times)
Slowman
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #5115 on: June 10, 2013, 07:35:37 PM »

First the good stuff today I got some choice pieces for my beloved PS2 collection from my new buddy Slowman.

Mad Maestro (new, sealed)
Stella Deus (slowly chipping away at that Atlus subset)

Thank you sir, enjoy!

PSN - rswslowman
3DS - 1177-8481-5639
jansolee66
Donor

Stats
« Reply #5116 on: June 11, 2013, 02:23:25 AM »

I mentioned that I was a collector at work and someone referred me to a developer who was scrapping systems. I asked if they worked and she said that 2 of the 3 did (they were just tossing them to make room more baby stuff). I'm now the owner of a red-ringed NTSC XBox 360, a functioning PAL XBox and a functioning PAL PS2 (though I feel like I may be missing a wire or two for some of these. I also have a Call of Duty branded headset, I believe (could be a different game, it was raining, so I left the box in my van).

I suppose I may post this stuff on the for sale/trade(and  possibly free) thread. Something I've yet to try.
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5117 on: June 11, 2013, 05:07:39 PM »

Very interesting, and always fun to get free stuff.

It looks like everyone has been coming up with a lot of nice things. You guys make doing the show too easy.

Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5118 on: June 11, 2013, 05:18:42 PM »

I found this at Salvation Army for $2 and though it was pretty cool(it's in nice shape for a 19 year old game to, the discs are flawless) hopefully I can get it running in a Windows XP VM:

[img width=700]https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/470814_665537426796793_1986650243_o.jpg[/img]

They're so hell-bent on giving, walking a wire
Convinced it's not living if you stand outside the fire

-Garth Brooks/Standing Outside The Fire

EvilAsh
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #5119 on: June 11, 2013, 05:48:47 PM »

Picked up this lot today off of Craigslist.  $40 for the whole package.  The Saturn only came with an RF adapter and I can't get any sound out of it.  The adapter only has 4 pins in it so I'm hoping that's the problem. I have an AV on order.  Does anybody know if 4 pins is the norm??

Sega Saturn with 2 controllers and :

Dark Savior
Virtua Cop/Daytona/Virtua Fighter 2 sealed
Revolution X
Tomb Raider
Enemy Zero
Need for Speed
Frank Thomas Big Hurt Baseball
Manx TT

Sega Genesis with 2 controllers (I'll need to replace these)

Castlevania Bloodlines
Contra Hard Corps
Road Rash II
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
Mickey Castle of Illusion
Klax
Cool Spot

[img width=700 height=525]http://13l.imghost.us/YP/photo%201.JPG[/img]

[img width=700 height=525]http://13l.imghost.us/1rF/photo%202.JPG[/img]

[img width=700 height=525]http://13l.imghost.us/pI/photo%203.JPG[/img]
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 07:28:12 PM by EvilAsh » Logged
Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5120 on: June 11, 2013, 07:07:00 PM »

Picked up this lot today off of Craigslist.  $40 for the whole package.  The Saturn only came with an RF adapter and I can't get any sound out of it.  The adapter only has 4 pins in it so I'm hoping that's the problem. I have an AV on order.  Does anybody know if 4 pins is the norm??

I don't think so, if you mean a S-Video cord, I think it's missing some.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #5121 on: June 11, 2013, 07:15:36 PM »

I have no idea what I did to deserve a free surprise package in the mail from h1ghw1ind, but he sent me a SNES box in the mail today! He must have know I enjoy Olympic Compilation type games (not joking either), but it was a really great surprise when I got home today. Thanks so much!!!

[img width=700 height=525]http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk189/Crabmaster2000/20130611_155204_zps0ed3d430.jpg[/img]

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
EvilAsh
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #5122 on: June 11, 2013, 07:55:42 PM »

No, it's an old school aux rf adapter. Like what screws into a cable inlet. Not sure what its called.
Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5123 on: June 11, 2013, 08:13:41 PM »

No, it's an old school aux rf adapter. Like what screws into a cable inlet. Not sure what its called.

What does the end you're referring to look like?

RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #5124 on: June 11, 2013, 09:21:16 PM »

Ahh the perks of being the co-host of the hottest retro video game collecting podcast on rfgeneration.  Must be nice Wink

Snagged some good CIB Game Boy games today....ANOTHER copy of Oracle of Ages.

[img width=700 height=933]http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w365/adsanislo/20130611_191132_zps4614fa56.jpg[/img]

Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5125 on: June 11, 2013, 10:25:57 PM »

Ahh the perks of being the co-host of the hottest retro video game collecting podcast on rfgeneration.  Must be nice Wink

Snagged some good CIB Game Boy games today....ANOTHER copy of Oracle of Ages.
*snip*

It's always nice to find CIB GBC/GB/GBA stuff, you don't some across it very often.

Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5126 on: June 11, 2013, 11:02:12 PM »

Greetings from Terra...

Like I've said before, when I break a thrifting dry spell, I break it BIG.

And I finally figured out how to use my phone camera!

Well, sort of, anyway:

[img width=575 height=431]http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/4a66/zc2621gmr22363u6g.jpg[/img]
Fortunately, I shot my best side.

But I finally figured it out so my fellow RFGentlemen could bear witness to my good fortune on this day:

[img width=481 height=586]http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/fed4/vo3nruq5w993x7f6g.jpg[/img]

- BradyGames Final Fantasy XII Limited Collector's Edition strategy guide, $3.99: I bought this one, which had the pull-out poster chart but no art book, as a trade-up for the one I already owned, which has the art book but no poster.

- Yoshi's Island and Golden Sun GBA carts, $2.99 each: I also bought a Metal Slug Advance cart with these, but later discovered it was a bootleg with the save/continue disabled. For some reason, I've been finding quite a few bootleg GBA carts lately...

- Cabela Top Shot Elite light rifle accessory for Wii, $2.99: I now have one of these for each seventh-gen home console. I'm stockpiling these more than I am Nerf guns...

- CIB Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain and World's Scariest Police Chases, $1.99 each: I bought the former as a trade-up, and the latter because I totally dug those police-chase shows this ties into, back in the day.

- CIB KotOR for XBox, $0.95: Here's another one for the Shadz tote board.

Not pictured:

- CIB Star Wars Battlefront (Greatest hits) for PS2, $3.99

- AasciWare aasciPad SG-6 controller for Sega Genesis, $1.50

But those were merely the opening acts before the main event:

[img width=684 height=472]http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/4d7f/s9eb2fdheu1wj8b6g.jpg[/img]

PSP games, $1.95 each (CIB unless noted otherwise):

- Jeanne D'Arc

- Chili Con Carnage

- Warhammer: Battle for Atluma

- Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles

- Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops

- Resistance: Retribution
(sealed)

- Ultimate Ghosts 'N Goblins (no manual)

Finally, there's the most interesting pick-up of the day from the local Savers: seven game cassettes and cases for the Atari's Supercharger add-on, for $2.50 each...

- Frogger

- Phaser Patrol

- Fireball

- Suicide Mission

- Dragonstomper

- Rabbit Transit

- Communist mutants from Space

A moment after picking these up, someone noticed I had these in my hands, and asked me if any of those games were good. I responded, "I sure hope so!"

A moment later, I found out that this inquisitive gentleman had just found the Supercharger accessory, and was looking for the games that went with it. Basically, he'd beaten me to the hardware, but I'd beaten him to the software. I looked around the place for a few more minutes when I noticed him checking out, talking at length with the clerk. I made the guess that he was trying to negotiate a lower price for the hardware. Which made sense to me, seeing as how most electronics at this Savers are marked "no exchange," and I'd grabbed all the software he could have used to test it out with.

A little while later I hit the checkout line, and the clerk confirmed my suspicions. Hey, you win some, and you lose some. In this instance, I did both.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 11:06:31 PM by Zagnorch » Logged
engel762
Donor

Stats
« Reply #5127 on: June 12, 2013, 02:30:52 AM »

COMMUNIST MUTANTS FROM SPACE.   Sounds like a Geraldo episode.
Alabama-Shrimp
TurboGrafx-16
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #5128 on: June 12, 2013, 05:39:14 AM »

finally managed to get a crappy carry case for my 3DSXL for 4 euro and a 12 inch Clank plushie for 5. Spain is very thin on game shops

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #5129 on: June 12, 2013, 07:54:26 AM »

Great pick ups Zag, especially those Supercharger/Arcadia games.  Rabbit Transit and Frogger are your two rarest titles and Dragonstomper is considered one of the earliest RPGs.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 401 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length