RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 03, 2024, 05:19:51 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 2! 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 401 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 2!  (Read 280730 times)
jansolee66
Donor

Stats
« Reply #2895 on: January 30, 2013, 02:28:09 AM »

-Ghost Lion cart (obscure NES RPG? Why not?) $15     <--actually picked up last week, I guess

I'm an RPG fan and I've never heard of this game before.

It certainly seems to be pretty obscure. Even trying to find a decent review of the game on youtube proved to be nearly impossible. Maybe someone on this board can see this as a challenge (I'm stirring the pot).
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 02:30:55 AM by jansolee66 » Logged
Techie413
We need to talk about your flair.
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2896 on: January 30, 2013, 02:32:42 AM »

That was really cool of Crabby to play fill-in.  It's too bad that someone else took advantage (Still waiting for InRainbows to make good on our trade).

The Power Base can definitely be an easier way to play the SMS games without requiring an extra console.  And you can pause from the controller.  Big benefit there.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2897 on: January 30, 2013, 03:01:27 AM »

That was really cool of Crabby to play fill-in.  It's too bad that someone else took advantage (Still waiting for InRainbows to make good on our trade).

The Power Base can definitely be an easier way to play the SMS games without requiring an extra console.  And you can pause from the controller.  Big benefit there.

i usually prefer playing things on the original hardware as much as possible, so i'd likely end up getting the actual console.
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2898 on: January 30, 2013, 09:42:21 AM »

I was a Sega Kid growing up so I have to say, great stuff there Tech! And Crabby, it was fantastic of you to step up in Techwizard's unfortunate event.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #2899 on: January 30, 2013, 09:44:29 AM »

1) Ghost Lion is an interesting RPG - definitely Japanese flavored, though.
2) I have an extra loose SMS still, I think, but the card reader doesn't work if you're interested tech.
3) You ended up with a Genesis title I don't own there, tech. Tongue
4) The aliens in Alien are called xenomorphs.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #2900 on: January 30, 2013, 09:44:42 AM »

Those are some good games, and yes, you should get a Master System, or at least a Power Base Converter.

I second this.  The Power Base Converter is great.  Mine is more reliable than my SMS.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #2901 on: January 30, 2013, 10:00:20 AM »

The Power Base Converter is great.  Mine is more reliable than my SMS.
I have a Master System converter and it only works properly on one of my Mega Drives.
For example, if I try to play Sonic 1, Sonic keeps getting teleported back to the start of the level.
Quackula
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #2902 on: January 30, 2013, 10:08:21 AM »

Power Base Converter only works on the model 1 Genesis (assuming you're not going to be a heretic and hacksaw the back of the thing)

One thing I missed when I sold off my SMS for the PBC is the werid DAHH DUUH noise it makes when you see that Sega Master System BIOS screen thing.
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #2903 on: January 30, 2013, 10:45:55 AM »

Power Base Converter only works on the model 1 Genesis (assuming you're not going to be a heretic and hacksaw the back of the thing)

One thing I missed when I sold off my SMS for the PBC is the werid DAHH DUUH noise it makes when you see that Sega Master System BIOS screen thing.

Unless you are in Europe:

Master System Converter 2

This one was only released in Europe (and perhaps also Australia, but Australia pretty much counts as part of Europe when it comes to Mega Drive anyway) and its key function was to make it possible for owners of the second Mega Drive model to play Master System games on their console, since the previous one doesn’t fit. With its much smaller size, it is quite similar to a Sonic & Knuckles cartridge, which has forced the sacrifice of the card slot, although the pause button is still there. This version is highly sought after by Mega Drive model II owners and quite rare, so beware that it might have a very high price when found.

More information here:

http://www.sega-16.com/20...e-converter-buyers-guide/

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #2904 on: January 30, 2013, 11:51:17 AM »

I have all the NES ones by Jeff Rovin, including both revisions of the first book.

What a coincidence-- I picked one of those up for $0.99 today. It's the "new expanded edition" of How to Win at Nintendo with "10 new games," and "includes Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario 2!"

What's really odd to me is that the book dedicated almost as many pages to Karnov (10) as it did toSMB (11).

Oh yes, I also grabbed:

- CIB Pokemon Diamond Version for DS, $3.99: if I keep finding Pokemon games this cheap, maybe I should make furniture out of them like Crabby suggested in the latest CollectorCast...

- CIB Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door for GameCube, $4.99

- BradyGames Final Fantasy X-2 strategy guide with poster, $2.99: now I can replace my posterless version.

UPDATE: I can finally add a pic to this post.

[img width=700 height=475]http://www.mediafire.com/conv/0264b8f701bd814958fafcadc90a3efb8b39cb3fbd33c32345f75aa6ab3d63086g.jpg[/img]

Nice, pick up. I feel like I want to try and find all of the Jeff Rovin guides. I also want to find a nintendo guide I had when I was a kid, that gave a tip about Back to the Future for NES, that said, "do not play this game", and that was it, that was the tip. I found it so hilarious.

blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #2905 on: January 30, 2013, 12:09:10 PM »

Do they have a collector's edition of  Hyrule Hystoria?

If you can find one.  Some people have gotten theirs early, and, well, have a look: http://www.ebay.com/csc/i...p;LH_Complete=1&rt=nc

It was limited to 4,000 copies, and has been sold out for a while.

I pre-ordered the regular edition in November and got it on Monday.  The book is nice and heavy, and seems to be very well made.  I haven't taken an in-depth look at it, but it looks pretty awesome.
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2906 on: January 30, 2013, 12:29:44 PM »

Crabmaster2000 sent me some games to make up for my secret santa bailing on me! i've never heard of any of them, but i'm very happy with them! i've never played a genesis RPG, so i'll be interested to see what those are like. as for the master system game, i don't actually own a master system...are you trying to tell me something crabby? Wink maybe it's time to pick up another sega console. it is a console i've been meaning to get for a long time anyway.

Nice!  Zero is one of the harder games to find for the Genesis.  That, Skeleton Krew and Time Killers are part of my "buy at any price in the wild" list of Genesis games.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #2907 on: January 30, 2013, 12:33:02 PM »

I've yet to see Zero or Time Killers here in the wild or I'd have grabbed them as well. Skeleton Krew I've seen, but in really bad shape.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2908 on: January 30, 2013, 01:41:30 PM »

1) Ghost Lion is an interesting RPG - definitely Japanese flavored, though.
2) I have an extra loose SMS still, I think, but the card reader doesn't work if you're interested tech.
3) You ended up with a Genesis title I don't own there, tech. Tongue
4) The aliens in Alien are called xenomorphs.

i'll try finding the SMS locally first...shipping on a console would probably be really bad to canada. i'll keep that in mind though in case i can't find one, thanks Smiley
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #2909 on: January 30, 2013, 02:18:24 PM »

Finally, a Virtual Boy

[img width=700 height=525]http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m503/wildbil52/RFGen/IMG_1445_zps60c2f095.jpg[/img]

Boxed Virtual boy with everything intact
Virtual Boy AC Power Kit and battery pack
Golf CIB
Waterworld CIB (FO)
VTetris CIB (FO)
Teleroboxer cart
Red Alarm cart
Galactic Pinball cart
Mario Tennis cart
NHL Hockey CIB Intellivision
NHL All Star Hockey CIB Saturn
Super Hang On CIB Genesis (FO)
River City Ransom manual, now that's complete (thanks, singlebanana!)
That metal piece in the bottom left is the plate that goes between the Sega Genesis 1 and Sega CD model 1.  Been looking for a long time.  Local shop owner gave it to me.  Relationships, they are important.

[img width=700 height=525]http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m503/wildbil52/RFGen/IMG_1447_zps5aaec624.jpg[/img]

Spiderman box/cart, now complete
Karate Champ box/cart, now complete
Smash TV CIB
Family Fun Fitness (series 1) Athletic World cart (FO)

and, yes Street Fighter on LaserDisc!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 02:21:10 PM by wildbil52 » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 401 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length