RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 28, 2024, 05:24:02 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 2! 0 Members and 13 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 401 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 2!  (Read 267939 times)
Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2715 on: January 22, 2013, 11:12:54 PM »

The case is for the 2600. I understand the one for the 5200 is more rare, but I'm a 2600 guy.

Wouldn't know that judging from your recent blogs.  Tongue
Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2716 on: January 22, 2013, 11:18:42 PM »

Now this next game is interesting.  I found it at my local retro game store.  It's a pretty pricey game but he only wanted $10....

[img width=700 height=933]http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w365/adsanislo/20130122_172523.jpg[/img]

And here's why.  I flipped it over and this was written on the back....

[img width=700 height=933]http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w365/adsanislo/20130122_172258.jpg[/img]

Strange. 

God, I'm still tryin' to live down that drunken bet.

Anyhoo: I've been looking for Metal Storm ever since Crabs discussed it in one of his "Unloved" blogs. Which, like SingleBanana's Atari game blogs, have been AWOL for quite some time now.

I guess they're just too busy actually playing games to write about them anymore...  Sad 
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2717 on: January 23, 2013, 01:05:42 AM »

I got these in the mail today from Silver80.  I now have a CIB Perfect Dark to go along with my cart I had, and now I have a CIB F-Zero for SNES too.  Great guy to deal with.  The more I look at my N64 collection, the more I want to make it CIB. 

CIB is the way to go if you're willing to spend the extra cash. especially for N64, those carts just don't look good on display without a box. and i always love having the manual for a game at least, so many games from the older generations didn't explain everything clearly in-game. it's nice to have a detailed explanation of all the controls, plus the extra story that some manuals have.
GamerNick
Collector of All Things Video Game Related
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2718 on: January 23, 2013, 05:07:19 AM »

CIB n64 is a great idea but some might get pretty pricey unless u have them already CIB ie clay fighter sculpters cut. But I do agree they are better to look at on the shelf
CIB.

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
Looking for CIB - NES Games or Boxes & Manuals in Bulk.
Quackula
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #2719 on: January 23, 2013, 06:19:22 AM »

Scored a nice little pile of Game Boy freebies from a friend of mine.

Not bad!

GamerNick
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2720 on: January 23, 2013, 09:00:21 AM »

Scored a nice little pile of Game Boy freebies from a friend of mine.

Not bad!

Great pick up! I really like that TinTin Game even though it is a PAL game I do believe. Been thinking about picking that game up for my brother on GB and Game Gear.  He is a huge Tintin Fan.

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #2721 on: January 23, 2013, 09:04:01 AM »

Anyhoo: I've been looking for Metal Storm ever since Crabs discussed it in one of his "Unloved" blogs. Which, like SingleBanana's Atari game blogs, have been AWOL for quite some time now.

I guess they're just too busy actually playing games to write about them anymore...  Sad 

That's cold bro.  But yeah, I need to do some more Atari reviews.  I'll try to sneak one in soon. Smiley

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Quackula
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #2722 on: January 23, 2013, 10:02:41 AM »

Great pick up! I really like that TinTin Game even though it is a PAL game I do believe. Been thinking about picking that game up for my brother on GB and Game Gear.  He is a huge Tintin Fan.

Yeah, there's a handful of random PAL games in there. Friend lives in South Africa but has been in the US the past couple of years for school stuff.
GamerNick
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2723 on: January 23, 2013, 11:27:19 AM »

Yeah, there's a handful of random PAL games in there. Friend lives in South Africa but has been in the US the past couple of years for school stuff.

Awesome! I have one PAL GB game its a soccer game lol. 

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2724 on: January 23, 2013, 01:58:32 PM »

Now this next game is interesting.  I found it at my local retro game store.  It's a pretty pricey game but he only wanted $10....

IMAGE CROP!

And here's why.  I flipped it over and this was written on the back....

CROP X2!

Strange.  

God, I'm still tryin' to live down that drunken bet.

I guess they're just too busy actually playing games to write about them anymore...  Sad  

I have a Metal Storm I could part with...

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/bickman2k.png[/img]
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2725 on: January 23, 2013, 04:33:45 PM »

A couple exciting things in my mailbox today.

First up: Arc the Lad which concludes my ebay splurging.

[img width=700 height=388]http://i1340.photobucket.com/albums/o736/Fleach/DSCF2612_zps7a374e1b.jpg[/img]

Next, a stained glass piece my dad made when we was my age. Very cool!

[img width=700 height=388]http://i1340.photobucket.com/albums/o736/Fleach/DSCF2613_zpsba28a2a9.jpg[/img]

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #2726 on: January 23, 2013, 05:23:58 PM »

CIB n64 is a great idea but some might get pretty pricey unless u have them already CIB ie clay fighter sculpters cut. But I do agree they are better to look at on the shelf
CIB.

Even the Zelda games I've seen selling at $60+ on eBay when they're CIB. SNES, N64 and GameCube prices have been spiking like crazy lately. Great time to be a seller, not so great to being a buyer right now.

Minnesota represent.
Wii - 3952 3192 4794 1209
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2727 on: January 23, 2013, 06:41:09 PM »

everything is expensive if you're going CIB, that's just a given. that being said it still makes for a much more impressive collection.
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #2728 on: January 23, 2013, 07:11:41 PM »

Picked up a couple of Final Fantasy IXs today at the local thrift store for $5.  Both games were not in great shape, one of them is missing art work for the case, and other one has a cracked case. The games themselves look good.  I also picked up Saga frontier which did not have a case or manual for $1  Sad

I would not call this a totally great score, but glad I picked them up

I hope I can at least trade these towards something better, at least that is what I am hoping for.

Beardcore84
that TMNT guy
Donor

Stats
« Reply #2729 on: January 23, 2013, 11:02:41 PM »

@singlebanana I'm late to the party but....

drool leo drool leo drool

DAT TV

[img width=480 height=270]http://i.imgur.com/thj3F.gif[/img]

Running out of games to buy.
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 401 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length