RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 21, 2024, 04:22:21 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | RETRO Magazine (Parish,Seanbaby,Jeff Green,Ryan Scott,Kat Bailey,Chris Kohler) 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: RETRO Magazine (Parish,Seanbaby,Jeff Green,Ryan Scott,Kat Bailey,Chris Kohler)  (Read 1724 times)
GameGavel
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« on: October 10, 2013, 09:31:45 AM »

Hey Everyone,

We wanted to ask you to check out a special Kickstarter campaign we are running to create a new print and digital gaming magazine, RETRO.  We are working with some of the greatest gaming journalists and personalities from the past three decades.

Here is a link to our Kickstarter page with more info and current list of contributors.  We would love to get your support of this magazine!

http://www.kickstarter.co...row-back-video-game-magaz
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 09:54:21 AM »

nupoile (Doug) gave me a heads-up on this in our IRC chat earlier in the week. I think it's a fantastic idea, even if I have personal/professional reasons for not wanting to support Kat Bailey, which we can discuss in private if you wish.

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 04:16:57 PM »

I heard about this during the Retro Gaming Roundup podcast.  Definitely will look into this, as we need more of these types of magazines in circulation in America (talking about the continent).  Plus I will read just about anything that Jeff Green writes.

I'd also like to mention Scroll Magazine, which is a great magazine which focuses on retro-Japanese games.  You can buy it in both physical and digital and there is even a free digital download of Issue 2, which anyone who loves Dragon Warrior/Quest would love.

You can get it here.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2013, 10:31:23 PM »

I spoke with SoCal Mike this last weekend and heard him talk about the magazine on the podcast too. It sounds like a great idea to me. I'm jumping in on this kickstarter, you should too. After hearing Mike talk about it, I think the magazine will be even better than the kickstarter page lets on.
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 03:04:20 PM »

After putting it off until nearly the last day, I am officially backing this. The project has pasted its first stretch goal and is heading toward the second.

I think you guys should get in on this, the list of writers has grown quite a bit since the project was first launched. It looks like it will be a great magazine.

I'm looking forward to getting the first issue   drool
JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2013, 04:19:22 PM »

Never saw this until today. I would've kicked in a few bucks.

How do I get the magazine? I didn't notice anything
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 04:30:09 PM by Dezorian » Logged
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2013, 06:09:42 PM »

You should be able too go here  http://www.readretro.com   to subscribe. I was listening to socal Mike yesterday, he said the site will be up soon. He thought today.
Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2013, 10:52:04 AM »

I backed this as well.  Fortunately I received an email (from GameGavel.com, I think?) about the kickstarter, otherwise I probably wouldn't have known about it.  I remember thinking a while back that I wished there was a magazine dedicated to retro gaming, so getting in on this seemed like a no brainer for me.  I'm looking forward to the premiere issue next month  Smiley

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length