RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 19, 2024, 04:24:24 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | This is a first 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: This is a first  (Read 1704 times)
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« on: October 09, 2013, 10:04:14 AM »

http://www.nintendolife.c..._chess_online_multiplayer

If everything goes according to plans, no matter what system you have Pure Chess on, by the end of the year, you will be able to play online against other Pure Chess users. No matter what you own it on, whether it's PS3/Vita/Wii U/3DS or smartphones. You will be able to compete against each other! I think that is really cool.

slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 10:33:47 AM »

My initial thought was, how cool is that? Chess is the perfect game to have universal accessibility.

My next thought was, *sigh* its a shame more games don't offer this.  I was discussing with a customer in-store just last night about how each game console only plays online with the same game console, and how disappointing that segregation is.

Keelah se'lai
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 10:40:10 AM »

They have had cross platform play to a certain extent with other games but certainly not to this extent.

I do not anticipate this becoming the norm at all though it is definitely cool.

noiseredux
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 02:29:17 PM »

that's excellent. And that feature alone is enough to make me interested in grabbing this (maybe on 3DS?) so yeah, if other games had such a feature it would be good for sales.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 10:00:59 PM »

awesome! i've always thought more games should do something like this, especially for stuff like chess where the technical power or control differences between platforms are meaningless.
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 10:30:31 PM »

I think Unreal Tournament and Quake III on Dreamcast shared servers with the PC release, which meant M+K players wrecked DC players anyway. Still this seems like an idea that Sega did first but lost money on. Moneys all that matters in the long run.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2013, 01:24:23 AM »

Final Fantasy XI has done it for years... didn't PSO/PSU also do this?

That's not to say that I don't fully support this with all my heart. I wish this was done with EVERY multiplayer title so that I could play with my Sony brothers without buying a second copy of the game for another system. I'm looking at you fighting game folks that prefer Sony because they don't have a shit D-pad.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 01:26:13 AM by Shadow Kisuragi » Logged

Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2013, 03:13:08 AM »

Hope to see this practice become more commonplace- this could re-re-invigorate the fighting genre
Dergatron9000
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2013, 05:26:00 AM »

Neato. Probably have to pick this up but on what system. Decisions decisions
RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2013, 06:51:46 PM »

I don't see why sony and Microsoft can't become online partners already.   These consoles are basically just computers anymore,  so it's about time they just do it.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length