RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 17, 2024, 01:17:46 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | October Retro Community Playthrough - Castlevania II: Simon's Quest 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11 Print
Author Topic: October Retro Community Playthrough - Castlevania II: Simon's Quest  (Read 39246 times)
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2013, 09:30:26 AM »

well, if thats the case Smiley don't post until October Smiley I got excited I have never finished any of the NES Castlevania's

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2013, 09:55:41 AM »

Ha! Not a problem at all. Pretty excited about going through this one again too. Smiley

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2013, 10:34:25 PM »

Started working on a painting for a co worker
[img width=478 height=640]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/30/8edapuju.jpg[/img]
[img width=478 height=640]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/30/equtu6at.jpg[/img]

Now your playing with power!
techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2013, 11:29:08 PM »

I don't think it was officially announced yet but Singlebanana invited me to help out with the retro side of our community playthroughs here! He already has October sorted out, so I'll mostly be here just to encourage discussions, but next month I'll be more hands on with the checkpoints and achievements and the rest of it.

So how many of you have gotten started on this now? It's officially October in most parts of the world! Are there many people new to the series like myself, or are you in it for the nostalgia? Loving that art russlyman!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 11:32:06 PM by techwizard » Logged
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2013, 07:08:49 AM »

I haven't played any Castlevania since the GBA game, so this is all pretty fresh to me. I know the reputation of the series and this is probably a good game to start with.

Singlebanana hooked me up with a copy of the game. Just waiting for it to come in the mail.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2013, 07:37:42 AM »

I don't think it was officially announced yet but Singlebanana invited me to help out with the retro side of our community playthroughs here! He already has October sorted out, so I'll mostly be here just to encourage discussions, but next month I'll be more hands on with the checkpoints and achievements and the rest of it.

Yes, techwizard has decided to accept an invitation to come on board and help with the retro playthroughs. I was planning on announcing it next month and will still do so. Thanks for the help. Smiley

For me, Castlevania II is one of those titles that I have fond memories of. Yes, fond. I played the original Castlevania for the first time at a soccer team sleepover and was so frustrated with the difficulty (even though my first game was Metroid...). I finally sat down and beat the original Castlevania this year. Smiley  I really liked Castlevania, but I was a little late to the game in getting an NES system, and could never find it in the stores; we didn't have used game stores at the time, so we were really dependent on the stock of local stores. I was lucky enough to have a friend whose Dad owned a movie (VHS) rental store and they stocked video games as well. He let me borrow Simon's Quest a few weeks after it came out, and I have been a big fan of the game ever since. I guess that having played Metroid and Zelda, I was a big fan of games that allowed you the freedom to explore (Castlevania and to a certain extent, Castlevania 3, are very linear and restrictive games). I love all three titles on the NES, but Castlevania II was the game that really got me into the series.

Very nice artwork russlyman!

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2013, 12:50:37 PM »

Whomever asked about the composers, for Castlevania II it was Kenichi Matsubara and Satoe Terashima.

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2013, 01:08:12 PM »

Found the Diamond !

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2013, 01:16:46 PM »

add the golden Knife to the tally:)

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2013, 01:29:28 PM »

now got me a silk Bag, this game is good times Wink

techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2013, 01:43:22 PM »

Yes, techwizard has decided to accept an invitation to come on board and help with the retro playthroughs. I was planning on announcing it next month and will still do so. Thanks for the help. Smiley

For me, Castlevania II is one of those titles that I have fond memories of. Yes, fond. I played the original Castlevania for the first time at a soccer team sleepover and was so frustrated with the difficulty (even though my first game was Metroid...). I finally sat down and beat the original Castlevania this year. Smiley  I really liked Castlevania, but I was a little late to the game in getting an NES system, and could never find it in the stores; we didn't have used game stores at the time, so we were really dependent on the stock of local stores. I was lucky enough to have a friend whose Dad owned a movie (VHS) rental store and they stocked video games as well. He let me borrow Simon's Quest a few weeks after it came out, and I have been a big fan of the game ever since. I guess that having played Metroid and Zelda, I was a big fan of games that allowed you the freedom to explore (Castlevania and to a certain extent, Castlevania 3, are very linear and restrictive games). I love all three titles on the NES, but Castlevania II was the game that really got me into the series.

Very nice artwork russlyman!

oops sorry to spoil the surprise!

this will be my very first game in the castlevania series too, like Fleach i know it's reputation but have little experience with it beyond a few minutes here and there. my only experience with this one specifically is through watching AVGN, so hopefully that doesn't taint it for me Grin

also douglie is leaving us in the dust, i've gotta get my hands on a copy soon!
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2013, 02:10:06 PM »

got red Crystal and was blown away, and upgrade Morningstar to flame whip. trying to get this game done so I can do the Wii game :

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2013, 02:12:05 PM »

now got me a silk Bag, this game is good times Wink

Glad you are enjoying the game douglie. No worries about the speedy playthrough. We appreciate your participation. Smiley I'm playing on the modern playthrough as well and will be curious about your thoughts on that game as well.

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2013, 02:25:52 PM »

got the magic cross , but I got hurt so no bonus

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #59 on: October 01, 2013, 02:35:39 PM »

Got all 5 pieces of Dracula making my inventory full so having all Items