RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 17, 2024, 05:19:49 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | October Modern Community Playthrough - Fragile Dreams 0 Members and 11 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print
Author Topic: October Modern Community Playthrough - Fragile Dreams  (Read 24058 times)
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2013, 08:50:07 AM »

I wanted to play last night, but my Wii U decided to do an update and man do those updates take forever!

Feeling a little overwhelmed that everyone is at such high levels and I'm only level 2 with no money.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2013, 12:25:44 PM »

I wanted to play last night, but my Wii U decided to do an update and man do those updates take forever!

Feeling a little overwhelmed that everyone is at such high levels and I'm only level 2 with no money.

It'll be easy to catch up buddy. My total play time is still under five hours.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2013, 12:03:07 AM »

Just reached Checkpoint 1 and am at level 8 with a whole whack of money. I guess the beginning is very sparse in terms of action.

The controls are easier to handle now that I've spent about 3 hours with the game.

Is death a major theme in this game? Seto does talk about his grandpa a lot and the scene when
Spoiler (hover to show)
played out very dramatically.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2013, 08:47:34 AM »

If I had to guess, I'd say that it is. Seems to be a kind of a post-apocolyptic setting, so it's inevitable.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2013, 05:38:06 AM »

I didn't have a chance to play yesterday, so my Super-Seto from Saturday morning is still ready to rock. I gotta hit it up tonight.

How's everyone else doing? You chipping away, Fleach?

Doug, are you still with us?

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2013, 08:37:48 PM »

Yep, still slugging away. I'm at the carnival place and just met Crow.

Going to tackle more of this game on Friday.

Is anybody playing on Wii U? The newest update allows Wii games to be played on the game pad and the Wii Remotes even work with the game pad! It's so cool!

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2013, 08:50:30 AM »

this is a great game, I just got a Wii U so I need to see if my transfer save works... will be sad if its gone.

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2013, 08:15:32 AM »

Good morning Fragile Dreamers! How is everyone doing with the second checkpoint? I'm still working on the third but I'll have it up by the weekend.

I'm really enjoying the game, though I got snagged last night on a part I didn't know how to beat, and in this particular instance I blame the game design. But in general this game has been very enjoyable.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2013, 09:52:00 PM »

I wasn't sold on this game right away, but now I'm really into it.

It's the only game that gives me chills whenever those ghosts and enemies materialize. Horror/thriller games tend to have me on edge, but there are downright spooky elements to Fragile Dreams.

I haven't started Checkpoint 2 yet, but since it's a long weekend here in Canada I shouldn't have to worry about falling behind.

ericeskapade
DB Contributor
Germany

Stats
« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2013, 03:56:00 AM »

gonna make it from  1st to 2nd checkpoint tonight...around spooky-hour Smiley
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2013, 09:04:18 PM »

The third checkpoint has been posted. At about 2.5 hours the distance between the second and third checkpoint is a little less than we're used to, but we're past the halfway point and will have plenty of time to finish the game.

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2013, 08:05:20 AM »

I was playing ahead and I found you will get to a point where you have to play with a cat to proceed. After much frustration I checked out some message board threads about how to play with the cat. It's very easy and there's no point getting frustrated about it so I thought I'd share.

Spoiler (hover to show)

ericeskapade
DB Contributor
Germany

Stats
« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2013, 12:42:09 PM »

ah, the cats...finally! that is good to read. i went to room 301 and saved some minutes ago Smiley when i startet at checkpoint 1 i didn't use any weapons anymore..so nothing could break Smiley but now equiped with the broom the fighting and overall controls have gotten much better. had to look up, how to sneak up behind CROW exactly. I LIKE THE ATMOSPHERE IN THE HOTEL very, very much - it reminds me of Silent Hill, but has a nice summer breeze feeling. played around 8 hours overall now, having level 18 and no money problems. looking forward to next week and hope you enjoyed the Hotel with the "girly guest", too.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 01:53:17 PM by ericeskapade » Logged
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2013, 08:07:09 PM »

Thanks for checking in Eric! I also liked the hotel a lot. It had a good flow and not too many frustrating parts. I really like Sai as well.

I also had to look up how to sneak up behind Crow. That was very poorly explained (kind of like playing with the cats!).

I actually played for a while today. I think I'm pretty close to the end and I have a good candidate for week four's checkpoint.

I know we have small group here but I want to thank you all for sticking with it. Let's keep going!

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2013, 08:33:08 PM »

I act all didn't have to look up anything about sneaking up on Crow. I got lucky while running around that area and was prompted with a message to
Spoiler (hover to show)

I also though the hotel had a great atmosphere. Not a fan of the poltergeist ladie though.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length