RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 21, 2024, 05:15:08 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Collecting for Dragon's Lair and Space Ace 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Collecting for Dragon's Lair and Space Ace  (Read 1897 times)
ColecoVisionist
Sega 32X

Stats
« on: September 10, 2013, 08:42:57 PM »

My article on Dragon's Lair and the new book, Collecting for Dragon's Lair and Space Ace, is in the new issue of AntiqueWeek. I've reprinted on my blog, if anyone wants to take a look. Enjoy!

http://www.brettweissword...agons-lair-and-space.html

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 09:34:56 PM »

Very interesting little write-up. I remember waiting in line to play Dragon's Lair as a kid, even though I was pretty terrible at it. It's pretty amazing that the game has had the amazing lasting power it enjoys.

ColecoVisionist
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 06:41:26 AM »

Very interesting little write-up. I remember waiting in line to play Dragon's Lair as a kid, even though I was pretty terrible at it. It's pretty amazing that the game has had the amazing lasting power it enjoys.

Thanks!

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 08:21:21 AM »

This arcade cab completely blew my mind as a kid. Compared to arcade cabs of the time, the realism of this game was without comparison. I never understood how to play it when I was younger and therefore, didn't waste too many tokens on it, but I did watch a few people who were pretty good at it play. I also seem to remember some video game show on TV that had contestants playing this game and beating it. Would love to see it again. Nice write up.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2013, 08:36:12 AM »

@singlebanana: The show you are probably thinking of is Starcade:

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2013, 08:37:38 AM »

Wow!  That's the one. I wish there was still a show like this on television. Memories.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
noiseredux
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2013, 08:47:45 AM »

this is great.

I actually just last week was really bummed to find out that my big box version of Dragon's Lair will not work via DOSbox (Win8 if that matters).

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2013, 09:06:35 AM »

Thanks for the article! Keeping a Dragon's Lair cab up and running was a b*tch, but what a fun game.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length