RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 21, 2024, 01:15:40 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | windwaker hd limited edition 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: windwaker hd limited edition  (Read 2635 times)
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« on: September 10, 2013, 02:51:43 PM »

to those that don't know, the Legend of Zelda Windwaker HD Limited Edition is now available in canada, online starting yesterday and in-store today. online is already sold out (went in 2 hours, unless they restocked), in-store is extremely limited. i phoned my local EB about 30 minutes after they opened this morning and they were already down to 6 left.
Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 03:35:15 PM »

Seeing as I already have a Wii U and an actually-takes-up-physical-space copy of Hyrule Historia, I'll just settle for the actually-takes-up-physical-space release of the game. And maybe I'm not a real Zelda fanboy, but... I just don't dig the artwork on the Game Pad. To quote WildBil52: this isn't my jam.

But before you go off on me about my apathetic attitude toward the deal, think of it this way: my disinterest means there's one more out there for one of you to snap up. And if getting one makes you happy, then I'm happy for you. Good luck in the hunt, gentlemen...
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 06:03:26 PM »

oh i wasn't talking about the system bundle, i meant the special edition of the game that comes with the ganondorf statue.

this one:
http://www.ebgames.ca/nin...ve-limited-edition/317697
Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 06:08:46 PM »

Oh, okay then.

Not interested in that, either.

Enjoy...
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 04:20:26 PM »

Weird.  GameStop's site still says 10/04/13.  Could this be the first time Canada gets a major release early?

http://www.gamestop.com/w...ve-limited-edition/111455
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 07:00:49 PM »

Okay, I don't want to seem like a stick in the mud or anything, but doesn't having an HD release of Wind Waker seem a bit... redundant?  I recently played Wind Waker on my Wii with a $10 component cable and it looked beautiful.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2013, 07:10:45 PM »

Well what were they going to call it?
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker U?

EDIT
Actually i like U The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker.
Like "Super" being infront of every title rather than like "64" being at the end of them all.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 07:14:02 PM by Izret101 » Logged

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2013, 07:21:34 PM »

I clicked the link your provided and it shows a release date of October 10th. So I don't know how your local store had copies.

Okay, I don't want to seem like a stick in the mud or anything, but doesn't having an HD release of Wind Waker seem a bit... redundant?  I recently played Wind Waker on my Wii with a $10 component cable and it looked beautiful.

My guess is this remaster is mainly for people who never owned/played the original and may not have owned a Wii. And the die hard fans need something to gush over. Plus, I think Nintendo wants to see if Zelda is still popular and why not test the waters with one of the most loved games.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2013, 08:08:03 PM »

Also it was most likely the easiest "old" one to port.
That and you know 10 year anniversary.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2013, 11:10:10 PM »

wow i worded that post very badly, by available i meant to say that it's available for pre-order. before that it wasn't available for pre-order in canada at all and i remembered when it was first mentioned a couple people showing interest in contacting US residents to order one for them. just wanted to update so people might be able to get it without the shipping cost, sorry for the confusion Smiley
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2013, 07:31:00 AM »

My guess is this remaster is mainly for people who never owned/played the original and may not have owned a Wii. And the die hard fans need something to gush over. Plus, I think Nintendo wants to see if Zelda is still popular and why not test the waters with one of the most loved games.

Also it was most likely the easiest "old" one to port.
That and you know 10 year anniversary.

Thank you gentlemen.  Makes perfect sense.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2013, 07:41:53 AM »

wow i worded that post very badly, by available i meant to say that it's available for pre-order. before that it wasn't available for pre-order in canada at all and i remembered when it was first mentioned a couple people showing interest in contacting US residents to order one for them. just wanted to update so people might be able to get it without the shipping cost, sorry for the confusion Smiley

That clears everything up.

I wonder how well this game will do. I think I'd rather have a new Zelda game, but I'll take a remaster to tie me over until something new is released.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length