RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 21, 2024, 03:14:14 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | PS Vita TV 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: PS Vita TV  (Read 1780 times)
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« on: September 09, 2013, 06:56:58 AM »

Well it seems that Sony is releasing a non-portable version of the Vita, designed to be hooked up to a TV and played with a DS3 controller for about $100: http://www.wired.com/game...3/09/playstation-vita-tv/

Sounds like an interesting idea to help get more Vita software out there, but does that confuse their market with 3 separate home consoles for sale at the same time?

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 07:37:09 AM »

Why not. Is this Sony's answer to Ouya?

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 07:55:26 AM »

It won't even be able to play the majority of Vita games....

blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 11:16:06 AM »

Seems like an interesting idea, but this screams Japan-only.  I'd consider picking one of these up if the Vita ever gets hacked to the same degree that the PSP did.  With the Vita's power, it could possibly emulate PS2 games very well.  With DualShock3 support and component output, this could be a fantastic little piece of hardware.
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 04:06:43 PM »

It makes me think that touch support for Vita games will be dropped rather quickly to make the titles cross-compatible. Seems interesting.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 04:45:01 PM »

It makes me think that touch support for Vita games will be dropped rather quickly to make the titles cross-compatible. Seems interesting.
I don't know about that, some of the recent titles that have been released use the touch screen heavily like Fruit Ninja, Burn the Rope, Jetpack Joyride, The Walking Dead etc. I think the Vita would lose appeal to me with no touchscreen support. On another note, If the Vita were to move away from the touch screen, I don't know how they would be able to complete in a handheld market dominated by touch screen devices. That's just my two cents.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 04:52:46 PM »

WHY DIDN'T DAVE FORSEE THIS?!?!

When shall his new form be revealed?
Leynos
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2013, 07:52:19 PM »

Vita is great..this thing..erm sticking to my Roku 3
Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2013, 04:54:45 AM »

Main games range will be PSN, limited Vita card support? Sounds like they're trying to get one step closer to an all-digital platform (or at least test the viability).
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2013, 10:16:38 AM »

Main games range will be PSN, limited Vita card support? Sounds like they're trying to get one step closer to an all-digital platform (or at least test the viability).
They already did that with PSP GO, and that was a catastrophic failure Tongue

Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2013, 02:45:06 AM »

What I don't get, why not have the Vita be able to do this itself in the fist place? You could plug a Sega Nomad into your TV and play games with it, and even plug a second control pad into the system for two player games...

Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2013, 05:52:52 AM »

What I don't get, why not have the Vita be able to do this itself in the fist place? You could plug a Sega Nomad into your TV and play games with it, and even plug a second control pad into the system for two player games...

Agreed- I went out of my way to get a PSP component cable. It would have been fantastic to be able to do that with the Vita (especially with P4G).
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2013, 06:56:36 PM »

I think I'll just keep saving up for regular Vita.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length