RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2024, 05:10:07 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | The Complete Vs Castlevania Arcade 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The Complete Vs Castlevania Arcade  (Read 4057 times)
killerkobra
Memorex VIS
Canada

Stats
« on: September 04, 2013, 11:05:52 PM »

I just wanted to share my now complete Vs Castlevania Arcade. By complete I mean i have the game, the marquee and the topper. I love the black R-Type cabinet that I have, really fits well with the Castlevania game and theme.

[img width=576 height=1024]http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad227/killerkobra/IMG_0866_zps5e43fd03.jpg[/img]

Super hard game ( way harder then the NES version ) but very rewarding.

Current Collection last Updated April 21th 2012
http://www.backloggery.com/killerkobra
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 08:34:06 AM »

Have a video of the gameplay? I've never seen Vs Castlevania gameplay.

killerkobra
Memorex VIS
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 09:49:34 AM »

I don't buy I'll try to make one for ya.

wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 11:27:46 AM »

Looks awesome, man!  I agree, the black cab fits perfectly.  It looks like your A/B buttons aren't originals but that's pretty common.  Most of these machines got a ton of play and had buttons replaced.  The problem is that original Nintendo buttons are hard to find.  Have you heard that Paradise Arcade Shop is doing a run of repro Nintendo arcade buttons this November? Post 174 on this thread-  http://forums.arcade-muse....php?t=223621&page=18

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2013, 01:01:22 PM »

I've never dealt with this place but this should be what you are referring to:

http://www.mikesarcade.co...n/store.pl?sku=MDST-12-17

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2013, 01:04:29 PM »

I've never dealt with this place but this should be what you are referring to:

http://www.mikesarcade.co...n/store.pl?sku=MDST-12-17

The buttons from Mike's Arcade are a good physical fit but people have complained that the color isn't accurate.  The run that Paradise is doing will be matching the colors and the shape of the original buttons.

http://s56.photobucket.co...29/media/photo-1.jpg.html

Also, the buttons from Mike's Arcade are shorter than the originals and the curve in the button is slightly different.  I know it's nitpicky, but there are enough people who want buttons that are exactly like the originals as opposed to a generic button that has been modified to fit a Nintendo CP.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 01:16:11 PM by wildbil52 » Logged

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2013, 01:14:51 PM »

@wildbil52: Yep the color difference between those buttons is very noticeable. As far as wanting an exact replica goes I fully understand. Here's hoping the reproductions turn out well or someone finds some NOS.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 01:18:34 PM by Addicted » Logged

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
killerkobra
Memorex VIS
Canada

Stats
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2013, 03:08:51 PM »

I know the joysticks are not nintendo either but man are they great to play on. I think the buttons are suppose to be black and red . I only say that because most Nintendo Vs systems have them. I'm not too concerned. It works so that's good enough for me lol

-Edit- I don't know what it is about arcades but I like them just the way I get them. Unlike my video game collection where I like things as mint as possibly ( have lowered my standards in recent years though ). Don't get me wrong the better the condition the better but I have no interest in fixing every little thing to make them perfect. But I should swap the joysticks and buttons just to please the arcade fans out there.

Also. The topper is brand spanking new. I just unfolded it. There's tabs on the bottom you are suppose to fold down then tape to the top of the arcade but I cannot bring myself to do it.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 03:26:36 PM by killerkobra » Logged

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2013, 05:34:58 PM »

Freakin' awesome.

wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2013, 11:02:54 AM »

I know the joysticks are not nintendo either but man are they great to play on. I think the buttons are suppose to be black and red . I only say that because most Nintendo Vs systems have them. I'm not too concerned. It works so that's good enough for me lol

-Edit- I don't know what it is about arcades but I like them just the way I get them. Unlike my video game collection where I like things as mint as possibly ( have lowered my standards in recent years though ). Don't get me wrong the better the condition the better but I have no interest in fixing every little thing to make them perfect. But I should swap the joysticks and buttons just to please the arcade fans out there.

Also. The topper is brand spanking new. I just unfolded it. There's tabs on the bottom you are suppose to fold down then tape to the top of the arcade but I cannot bring myself to do it.

Don't change anything for anyone except yourself!  If you like it the way it is, leave it.  My standards are changing too.  Mainly because I'm at the point where most of the boxed NES games I need are expensive.  I have to take the condition that I can afford. 

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2013, 11:36:05 AM »

Looks great! As Bill stated go with what works for you. I doubt anyone who visits is going to say "I'd love to play that VS Castlevania machine but the sticks and buttons aren't original."

killerkobra
Memorex VIS
Canada

Stats
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2013, 11:01:44 AM »

Funny you say that Bill since I have done the exact same thing due to current prices man, I used to be a solid CIB collector and would pass on a ton of awesome deals on carts and lesser quality CIBs. I have totally stopped that and just grab what I can for a good price. Too bad I couldn't predict the future back then.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 11:03:26 AM by killerkobra » Logged

wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2013, 11:54:25 AM »

Funny you say that Bill since I have done the exact same thing due to current prices man, I used to be a solid CIB collector and would pass on a ton of awesome deals on carts and lesser quality CIBs. I have totally stopped that and just grab what I can for a good price. Too bad I couldn't predict the future back then.

I know, right?  I'm kind of hoping that the craziness around boxed NES will die down some in a few years.  If it keeps going the way it's going, I'll have to either switch to cart or stop buying.

killerkobra
Memorex VIS
Canada

Stats
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2013, 09:39:30 AM »

^ Would you ever consider buying something on a payment plan Bill? Like buy a rarer cart or cib and pay it off over the course of 2 months or something. Paying like 100$ every Friday until its payed off. Not buying any other items for those 2 months.

I have done this to get some higher end items over the years. Almost everyone I have ever asked to do this agreed on NintendoAge. I only did this because I strongly believe in pacing myself with my collection. I try to live within my means so setting specific allowances really helps me do that.

Just a thought. Im just curious what people think about it.

JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2013, 04:08:39 PM »

That is the coolest thing I've ever seen and I'm turbo jelly. What makes it more difficult? The joystick? Different speed?

And I agree with you and Bil. I'm not a hardcore collector, but regarding CIB, my standards have dropped a lot. I missed a Genesis manual for a game, then it became two games, then three, etc.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length