RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 22, 2024, 01:15:07 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Pre-Order Bonuses Love em or Hate em? 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Pre-Order Bonuses Love em or Hate em?  (Read 3675 times)
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2013, 09:04:11 PM »

What do you guys think of steel cases? I don't like them since they stick out among the other cases on the shelf.

i like the idea of them, but i never use them honestly. you can actually go into Best Buy and they'll have a bunch of them for sale for $5 each usually.
Leynos
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2013, 12:35:47 AM »

I like the steel case for JRPGs or esp new IP's like the Last Story and Pandoras tower are great. I did really like the FFXII one as well. I think it's fucking retarded for something like Madden.
engel762
Donor

Stats
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2013, 09:07:57 AM »

Most of the Collectors or Special Editions I own I've picked up later on as used or deeply discounted.  IE:  Gears of War 3 Epic Edition for 39.99, Ninja Gaiden 3 for 19.99, etc....  Only thing I've paid full price for Collector's Edition-wise was Halo 4. 
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2013, 09:28:46 AM »

I like the steel case for JRPGs or esp new IP's like the Last Story and Pandoras tower are great. I did really like the FFXII one as well. I think it's fucking retarded for something like Madden.

Gee, thanks... Actually, the Madden XX Collector's Edition was very well done and had a lot of extras for the football enthusiast. Madden 07 Hall of Fame Edition, on the other hand, was worthless to me.

I'll pick up any cheap CE/LE I can find, but I'll pick up the CE/LE for a new title if it's something I'm purchasing first day (which is rare).

noiseredux
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2013, 10:50:15 AM »

yeah I've been trying to find a COMPLETE copy of that Madden steel case that had the bonus discs actually. Shadow remind me - it's got retro games on it too right? Like how the Madden 2005 CE for PS2 did? And I think it's got some documentary stuff?

I've found it for $6 at GS twice now, but both times it was incomplete so I have to pass.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2013, 11:02:45 AM »

yeah I've been trying to find a COMPLETE copy of that Madden steel case that had the bonus discs actually. Shadow remind me - it's got retro games on it too right? Like how the Madden 2005 CE for PS2 did? And I think it's got some documentary stuff?

I've found it for $6 at GS twice now, but both times it was incomplete so I have to pass.

The 20th Anniversary Collector's Edition of Madden NFL 09 includes NFL Head Coach 09, an alternative case, an exclusive version of John Madden Football '93 with updated teams and rosters and bonus video content and clips.

noiseredux
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2013, 03:49:39 PM »

^YUP. That's the one I want.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2013, 04:08:08 PM »

Think I still have a sealed PS3 copy in the house, noise.

noiseredux
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2013, 09:21:20 AM »

you would. :|

But seriously, it's like $6 if I can just find a complete copy at GS.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length