RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 14, 2024, 02:15:33 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Regarding a Dead Rising Achievement (Help Needed!) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Regarding a Dead Rising Achievement (Help Needed!)  (Read 1793 times)
ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« on: June 29, 2013, 09:26:21 AM »

Okay. I know we have some SERIOUS Achievement Hunters here. (You know who you are). That being said, has anyone ever unlocked the Zombie Genocider Achievement in the first Dead Rising game? Doing so grants you a powerful weapon, and I'd like to get it, but there's an issue...

The thing is, after you kill all the Zombies you need to kill (Over 50,000!!), you MUST achieve an ending to get the weapon. Problem is, I don't see how that's possible, as your most likely to fail the main story while attempting this achievement. I have checked everywhere, unable to find an answer, so here it is, How do you get an ending, having failed the story, after getting this achievement?

[img width=300 height=70]https://image.ibb.co/fSULkF/Signature_zpsfvzatdip.png[/img]
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 11:45:06 AM »

You're getting the maintenance key and killing the zombies in the maintenance tunnels, right? Make sure you grab the maintenance key, just keep mowing down zombies, and be on the helipad when the helicopter arrives. You should have plenty of time.

http://www.xbox360achieve...p?p=89854&postcount=6

ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, 11:50:41 AM »

If you let the time run out on the cases, and the truth gets lost forever, as the game says, can you still go to the Helipad though to get an ending?

[img width=300 height=70]https://image.ibb.co/fSULkF/Signature_zpsfvzatdip.png[/img]
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2013, 12:55:32 PM »

No clue - Ending A is what you're looking for. Unfortunately, I never played through Dead Rising - I gave it to a friend to play and he ended up buying it off me since he lost it. I replaced the copy after that, but have never returned to it.

tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2013, 01:31:14 PM »

If you let the time run out on the cases, and the truth gets lost forever, as the game says, can you still go to the Helipad though to get an ending?
Yes. Any of the bad endings work for this. You'd definitely not have time for anything else other than killing zombies for the 72 hours. Just ride the two maintanence vans and motorcycle back and forth in the tunnels.
ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2013, 07:03:53 PM »

Well, it's done. I killed the required amount of Zombies with time to spare. Thanks for the help guys. I appreciate it. Cheesy

tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2013, 09:58:49 PM »

np  Grin
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2013, 10:30:28 PM »

I remember getting that achievement.  I used to be a little cheevo crazy.  The tricky part was the wear on the car after driving through all the zombies.  Having to change cars every few laps was fun.  I also like the back and forth between DR, Left 4 Dead and Rock Band over this achievement.

ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2013, 03:15:57 AM »

Oh, I forgot to mention, I did successfully get an ending. As such, I obtained the Real Mega Buster. Kick-ass weapon, but I was honestly expecting it to rip through Zombies, as opposed to just hitting one. Still, good weapon for bosses. Smiley

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length