RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 14, 2024, 11:22:57 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Atlus is going bankrupt 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Atlus is going bankrupt  (Read 2742 times)
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« on: June 27, 2013, 03:16:08 PM »

http://nintendoenthusiast...bankrupt-seeking-sponsor/

I can only hope that it goes much smoother than the whole THQ debacle. Anyway, rumors going around right now, Nintendo is a big player here, especially since they're publishing the newest and upcoming Shin Megami Tensei games. Index Corps. the parent company is also apparently under investigation for fraud. So, if Nintendo manages to snatch Atlus up they will earn some much needed help to push out a nice hardcore RPG, and probably market the games more.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 04:17:23 PM »

Say it isn't so!   Cry

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 05:00:38 PM »

Somewhere, a Crabmaster is weeping...

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 05:48:35 PM »

On the bright side, if Nintendo acquires Atlus my Wii U will get more use.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 07:29:15 PM »

Somewhere, a Crabmaster is weeping...

Sad

There is a rumor that Nintendo is interested in making a move for Atlus. That would blow my mind and I'd have to buy 10 more Wii Us just out of anticipation.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2013, 07:46:44 PM »

I think this is going to be a restructuring rather than a buyout.
Leynos
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2013, 09:11:07 PM »

Sony has this bad habit of not keeping RPG first party developers together. GungHO owns Grasshopper and Game Arts and be a good fit for Atlus. Marvelous has Xseed and not long ago bought an online division of Atlus. Another good fit. Nintendo has treated Monolith Soft and Brownie Brown well and Monolith is still churning out big quality titles. Atlus and Nintendo are on good terms with all the 3DS releases and are  collaborating on SMT X FE. Any of those 3 would be very good for Atlus. Anyone else would create problems.
Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2013, 01:35:56 AM »

The Nintendo-Monolith relationship seems to work, but I don't think Nintendo would buy Atlus as the Big N seem to work with smaller development companies (Rare, Monolith Software).  Marvelous do operate Atlus' online stuff as well as XSeed, but all of Atlus might be too big for them.

If any big player buys/partners with Atlus, I suspect it would be Square Enix.  SMT/Persona are big enough to make it worth their while.

I really hope Nintendo doesn't buy Atlus because I am boycotting the 3DS.  That said, SQE would also be a disaster.
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2013, 02:55:12 AM »

The Nintendo-Monolith relationship seems to work, but I don't think Nintendo would buy Atlus as the Big N seem to work with smaller development companies (Rare, Monolith Software).  Marvelous do operate Atlus' online stuff as well as XSeed, but all of Atlus might be too big for them.

If any big player buys/partners with Atlus, I suspect it would be Square Enix.  SMT/Persona are big enough to make it worth their while.

I really hope Nintendo doesn't buy Atlus because I am boycotting the 3DS.  That said, SQE would also be a disaster.

why are you boycotting the 3DS? Tongue
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2013, 03:06:19 AM »

Since it is the parent company that owns Atlus that seems to be the one is strife, Nintendo could come rescue them, securing their current upcoming title's futures as well as future games. Of course, this would all depend, since it'll have to be in the best interest of the share holders.

ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2013, 04:14:30 AM »

Wait a damn minute! Atlus can't go bankrupt! What's going to happen to the SMT/Persona Series?! Will Shin Megami Tensei IV still be released stateside?! Someone please tell me we'll still see it here in the states!

[img width=300 height=70]https://image.ibb.co/fSULkF/Signature_zpsfvzatdip.png[/img]
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2013, 04:19:04 AM »

the title of the article sounds bad but the actual content doesn't sound so terrible: "...states that the company’s game division is clearly the most desirable and functional part of Index’s business and because of this, it is one area they plan to sustain and expand upon."
Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2013, 04:43:09 AM »

Region locking.  Lost out on too many good RPGs during SNES/PS2 years.
Leynos
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2013, 05:54:35 AM »

Region locking.  Lost out on too many good RPGs during SNES/PS2 years.
But you are missing out on the ones we are getting now so seems rather dumb to boycott when you are missing out on good RPG's it gets now. Kinda defeats the prupose
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 02:34:04 PM by Ryudo » Logged
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2013, 08:31:33 PM »

Region locking.  Lost out on too many good RPGs during SNES/PS2 years.
But you are missing out on the ones we are getting now so seems rather dumb to boycott when you are missing out on good RPG's it gets now. Kinda defeats the prupose

ya i don't really get it...there are a decent chunk of RPGs out there on it that i've heard good things about, so you're just making yourself miss out on more than if you bought it. there were also a ton of good snes and ps2 RPGs as well, i hope you didn't boycott those systems too Tongue
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length