RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 17, 2024, 09:22:25 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | July/August Community Playthrough: Super Mario RPG 0 Members and 15 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 Print
Author Topic: July/August Community Playthrough: Super Mario RPG  (Read 67389 times)
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #255 on: August 06, 2013, 10:15:30 AM »

ok so I played for about 5 hours last night to catch up. Ha was up till 3am! I maxed the counter out at 999 and I was trying to get a ton of frog coins on the river course thing. Ended up going to buy the experience ring item that gives you double experience. Than I went grinding in the pirate ship. Got everyone up to at least level 20. Should have some more time to play today as well.

Were almost there!!!

I plan to do exactly this. I want that double exp baby! I think I'm at least three frog coins short so that's going to take like eight trips down the river. Fun!

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #256 on: August 06, 2013, 10:30:31 AM »

I likely should've made this an achievement, but completely forgot about the mechanic.
If you jump on a Wiggler enough times in a row in the Forest Maze, it'll drop a Frog Coin.

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #257 on: August 06, 2013, 11:58:39 AM »

Cool thanks Shadow. That might be easier than doing the river ride multiple times.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #258 on: August 06, 2013, 12:06:16 PM »

Jump on the moving ones, not the sleepy ones. Wink

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #259 on: August 07, 2013, 06:25:38 AM »

Got enough frog coins last night to get the exp doubler. Shadow, I used your method, although a little tedious, I got the hang of it pretty quick and I'm convinced it was quicker than if I had done the river mini-games.

So right now I'm in the World's End area at about level 15. I'm going to grind a little in this area before proceeding.

Has anyone tried this trick (from gamefaqs)? Seems like it could really come in handy:

After you acquire Geno, put him in your party. After he learn the move Geno Whirl, enter battle. Use Geno Whirl and a tornado like wind will come onto the screen. Push Y right before it leaves the screen for 9999 attack points.
Note: You will hear a crackling sound if you did it right. This does not work on all enemies (ie bosses).

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #260 on: August 07, 2013, 08:49:56 AM »

That quote is an over generalization. Some enemies are immune to instant death, though you'd be surprised to know that it works on at least certain bosses...
*HINT HINT*

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #261 on: August 08, 2013, 09:36:46 AM »

I found a fast way to farm Frog Coins by
Spoiler (hover to show)

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #262 on: August 08, 2013, 10:26:13 AM »

Spoiler (hover to show)

7. Earn a Frog Coin by scaling the cliff in less than 10 seconds.

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #263 on: August 08, 2013, 10:31:11 AM »

Spoiler (hover to show)

7. Earn a Frog Coin by scaling the cliff in less than 10 seconds.

True but Frog coins can still be earned for times above 10 seconds.

What was your fastest time Shadow?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 10:43:44 AM by Addicted » Logged

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #264 on: August 08, 2013, 10:45:32 AM »

Think somewhere in the high 8s? I know I broke 8.96. I thought the Frog Coins were for below 10s, but I guess that's just the Troopa Pin?

I think I might pop this in on my phone this week and play between my work tasks, since most of my tasks this week are very time-consuming and running additional tasks on my PC will just slow them up.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 10:49:59 AM by Shadow Kisuragi » Logged

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #265 on: August 08, 2013, 11:06:06 AM »

That's better than what I've managed. I hit a wall at 10.23. I'll try again tonight.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #266 on: August 08, 2013, 11:56:29 AM »

Hmm...looks like I missed the optimized route on it.

russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #267 on: August 08, 2013, 07:12:52 PM »

Is anyone going to max out their levels to 99. I was debating it I'm on 22 not sure how long I want to farm for though. I need to head to the next area soon.

Now your playing with power!
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #268 on: August 08, 2013, 07:57:17 PM »

So I spent the last hour doing this (again, courtesy of gamefaqs):

Look for a place where a star is next to a save point. Save, then get the star, level up as many times as you can. Then die (in game) and you will still have your levels, aswell as be able to use the star again :-).

and went from level 16 to level 25. The hardest part about this trick is getting yourself killed. Be sure to unequip all armor and put your weakest members in the party.

Also, Russ I think the level cap is 30. I'm gonna go for it before I proceed.

Also, the Geno Whirl trick I mentioned above is pretty easy to pull off, give it a try!

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #269 on: August 08, 2013, 07:59:52 PM »

So I spent the last hour doing this (again, courtesy of gamefaqs):

Look for a place where a star is next to a save point. Save, then get the star, level up as many times as you can. Then die (in game) and you will still have your levels, aswell as be able to use the star again :-).

and went from level 16 to level 25. The hardest part about this trick is getting yourself killed. Be sure to unequip all armor and put your weakest members in the party.

Also, Russ I think the level cap is 30. I'm gonna go for it before I proceed.

Also, the Geno Whirl trick I mentioned above is pretty easy to pull off, give it a try!

I'll just leave a hint - there's a location that you can get 2 stars, and using a certain method, you can infinitely grind for levels.

Sounds like you got half the trick. Wink

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length