RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 17, 2024, 11:27:02 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | July/August Community Playthrough: Super Mario RPG 0 Members and 10 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20 Print
Author Topic: July/August Community Playthrough: Super Mario RPG  (Read 67450 times)
russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #210 on: July 18, 2013, 08:00:23 PM »

Def was a good quick one. I enjoyed it. I def did some grinding for a while. Going to prob level up more before I head for the next star. Can never be too powerful in these early Rpg games. If you have the time why not.

Now your playing with power!
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #211 on: July 18, 2013, 10:45:28 PM »

The Pipe Vault takes you to an island full of Yoshis. You can play a minigame there.

I'm happy to say that I've caught up to where I was before my game froze and erased my save. My plan is it grind a level or two for each character and make sure I have enough Honey/Maple Syrups when tackling the third star.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #212 on: July 19, 2013, 04:11:42 AM »

OK I'm intrigued by the pipe vault. I'll probably check it out over the weekend.

Wempster
Donor
United States
Awards: 2016 RFGen Top Wheelman

WWW Stats
« Reply #213 on: July 19, 2013, 10:08:23 AM »

I'm just curious on a related note, how many people are playing on SNES and how many on VC or emulation?

I'm also curious: if you're using VC or an emulator are you saving only at the game's save points or utilizing save states?
I am playing on the Wii VC.  I don't have the cart and since I'm keeping my Wii I didn't feel the need to transfer everything over to my Wii U. 
JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #214 on: July 19, 2013, 03:28:12 PM »

you should invest in some bulk replacement save batteries. i picked up a bunch before starting link's awakening and replaced the battery in that before even starting my file, just to be safe. it's not too difficult to do, you just need a soldiering iron
Woah, I had no idea that was even possible! I have a Yoshi's Island that doesn't save anything. Unfortunately, I don't even know what a soldiering gun looks like, but I'll google it.
techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #215 on: July 19, 2013, 03:51:27 PM »

you should invest in some bulk replacement save batteries. i picked up a bunch before starting link's awakening and replaced the battery in that before even starting my file, just to be safe. it's not too difficult to do, you just need a soldiering iron
Woah, I had no idea that was even possible! I have a Yoshi's Island that doesn't save anything. Unfortunately, I don't even know what a soldiering gun looks like, but I'll google it.

you can buy some cheap ones at radio shack for $15, and a few dollars for the solder. just look up videos on how to replace save batteries in games on youtube, there are lots of tutorials.
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #216 on: July 20, 2013, 10:36:17 PM »

Ok bounced around the pipe vault and beat Boshi in the race. Nice.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #217 on: July 22, 2013, 07:32:49 AM »

This week's Checkpoint is up. For those who are following them have fun! Those are blazing their own trails, enjoy what we have yet to discover.

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #218 on: July 26, 2013, 07:44:37 PM »

Did anyone else find something they were not supposed to? (In the US version it is Huh)

Spoiler (hover to show)

Also add me in for Achievement 2:

Spoiler (hover to show)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 07:51:49 PM by Addicted » Logged

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #219 on: July 27, 2013, 02:35:57 PM »

I am going to be streaming tonight, I'll post a link in a new reply when I start. I've been insanely busy and haven't had much time for more than a small bit of lurking.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #220 on: July 27, 2013, 02:55:17 PM »

I have been stinking at getting the achievements but ill try some more this week. I have tomorrow night and Monday night off. I need more frog coins to buy some cool stuff.

Now your playing with power!
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #221 on: July 28, 2013, 07:47:14 AM »

Played for about two hours this morning, got all the way through Booster Tower, got

2. Turn into 8-bit Mario in the Booster Tower.

and went through the other thing and back to the Mushroom Kingdom, and still no Star. Wow.

I'll have to get back to it later to make the deadline!

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #222 on: July 28, 2013, 05:14:18 PM »

....aaaaannd all caught up.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #223 on: July 28, 2013, 07:47:18 PM »

Nice! I've got to sit down and play some more. I'm at the entrance of the tower and my guys are levels 9 to 10.

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #224 on: July 28, 2013, 08:17:29 PM »

Fleach, explore the tower thoroughly, there are some decent weapons in there.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length