RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 02:16:24 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | July/August Community Playthrough: Super Mario RPG 0 Members and 14 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20 Print
Author Topic: July/August Community Playthrough: Super Mario RPG  (Read 67100 times)
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #120 on: July 06, 2013, 07:24:49 PM »

I have a question that I've been wondering since this game came out...

Can you block magic attacks? I've been pressing A, but nothing has worked. I'm guessing for magic you'd have to press Y, if it works at all.

No, you can only block physical attacks in any case anyone else was wondering.

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #121 on: July 06, 2013, 08:49:19 PM »

I just finished my first stream session. This first one is about 35 minutes and just serves as the beginning and intro to the game and what I have planned and can execute. The next one will be tomorrow evening at roughly the same time.

Technical issues lead to me emulating for the stream, and as such problems that always happen because of emulation are present. But no laws have been broken.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #122 on: July 07, 2013, 08:48:49 AM »

What do you guys think about breaking this game up to one (maybe two) star piece a week?

I think that 2 stars a week is fair, but from what I gather, getting the 6th and 7th may take a little longer.

I like the strategic element that you have to share the flower points. It's an interesting dynamic to decide to use attack magic or save it for healing rain.

Interesting, yes, but most of the time I feel like all I am doing is healing in terms of magic use.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #123 on: July 07, 2013, 10:19:23 AM »

I have a question that I've been wondering since this game came out...

Can you block magic attacks? I've been pressing A, but nothing has worked. I'm guessing for magic you'd have to press Y, if it works at all.

I don't know if you can block magic attacks. I'd assume Y would perform the block, but Shadow might actually know.

Just got the first star tonight.  Can't tell how I feel about the graphics. The bright colors are great but that Donkey Kong Country per rendered 3d shiny textures bother me a little.

I like the strategic element that you have to share the flower points. It's an interesting dynamic to decide to use attack magic or save it for healing rain.

I like the graphics, but that's just me. The trees look like cellophane (Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds Wink).

Sharing Flower Points got me by surprise. It definitely adds a strategic twist to boss battles.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #124 on: July 07, 2013, 09:00:51 PM »

Second Checkpoint is up! Have fun guys.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #125 on: July 07, 2013, 10:06:47 PM »

Achievements #9 & #12 completed
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 10:31:11 PM by singlebanana » Logged

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
bearmetal
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #126 on: July 08, 2013, 06:40:03 AM »

Ah, falling behind here. I think I left off just getting to the mushroom kingdom. Gonna spend some quality time with it tonight to try and catch up a bit and maybe start working on the second checkpoint then.
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #127 on: July 08, 2013, 06:51:07 AM »

If you just got to the Mushroom Kingdom you're not too far from finishing the first checkpoint. Seems like most people did it in one to two hours. Don't get discouraged.

JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #128 on: July 08, 2013, 07:40:17 AM »

Interesting, yes, but most of the time I feel like all I am doing is healing in terms of magic use.
I'm the opposite. I use Mario's magic a lot, Mallow's attack magic almost all the time (although I don't plan on using him much),
Spoiler (hover to show)
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #129 on: July 08, 2013, 08:26:36 AM »

For clarification, you can used timed buttons for offensive attacks (physical and magical) and defensive physical attacks. For defense, the damage you take depends on how well you timed it as well.

Spoiler (hover to show)

Since banana brought it up, I had another list of achievements to add that were more late-game.
http://www.rfgeneration.c...12139.msg178086#msg178086

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #130 on: July 08, 2013, 08:36:19 AM »

Since banana brought it up, I had another list of achievements to add that were more late-game.
http://www.rfgeneration.c...12139.msg178086#msg178086

Yeah, with a 2 month schedule, the more achievements, the better. Smiley

bearmetal
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #131 on: July 08, 2013, 06:52:32 PM »

ah! just caught up to the week 1 check point. Just got the first star piece! Smiley
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #132 on: July 08, 2013, 08:34:13 PM »

I am going live and going for the first checkpoint tonight. I should have some time on Wednesday to try and get more caught up. I am also looking for some on-site guests to come Skype during future shows, send me a PM if you're interested.

http://www.twitch.tv/whydidiplaythis

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #133 on: July 08, 2013, 10:04:54 PM »

started playing again tonight. Got past the sewer and into Rose Town. Still no star peice yet, so headed to Forest Maze. Got killed twice so far going in there. Blast bees and mushrooms. Went back to the town to get more mushrooms and a thick shirt and pants for protection. Onward!

How is everyone else doing??

Now your playing with power!
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #134 on: July 08, 2013, 10:06:38 PM »

My city was hit by a massive storm and power outage (over 20 centimeters/8 inches of rain). I would have been playing but well, Mother Nature had other plans.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length