RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 02:08:40 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | July/August Community Playthrough: Super Mario RPG 0 Members and 10 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20 Print
Author Topic: July/August Community Playthrough: Super Mario RPG  (Read 67092 times)
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #105 on: July 05, 2013, 08:39:04 AM »

Right - forgot that actually had an impact on something! I just remembered that off the top of my head.

Spoiler (hover to show)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 08:43:55 AM by Shadow Kisuragi » Logged

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #106 on: July 05, 2013, 08:50:41 AM »

Right - forgot that actually had an impact on something! I just remembered that off the top of my head.

Spoiler (hover to show)

Okay, sounds good. I guess playing ahead has it's benefits sometimes. Smiley  With two young kids, I have to pick up the sticks when I can.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #107 on: July 05, 2013, 09:04:10 AM »

Nice to see that the spoiler tags are working.

What's the general consensus on people's progress in the game? Have most of you navigated Kero Sewers and earned your second Star Piece?

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #108 on: July 05, 2013, 09:08:57 AM »

Nice to see that the spoiler tags are working.

What's the general consensus on people's progress in the game? Have most of you navigated Kero Sewers and earned your second Star Piece?

I was actually holding back. I'm playing this game as a supplement to all the other things I'm playing so I don't mind staying in compliance with your checkpoints.

I'm turning the game on here and there just to grind, but that is slow going.

On a totally unrelated note this playthrough is cool for me on a personal level as I haven't played a game through on a retro console in a really long time.

On another unrelated note I don't know if it was mentioned and it's a really simple thing but I didn't realize it at first, the Y button make Mario run. Very useful Smiley

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #109 on: July 05, 2013, 09:11:37 AM »

Earned my 3rd star last night. The game moves along rather quickly, so I don't think that the second star is undoable in the first week. It's hard to slow down with an RPG because, if you're like me, you feel as though you might forget about an area you need to return to or risk keeping the storyline fresh. Maybe it's just me though.....I'm old.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #110 on: July 05, 2013, 11:14:47 AM »

I'm up to the Kero Sewers now.
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #111 on: July 05, 2013, 11:59:13 AM »

What do you guys think about breaking this game up to one (maybe two) star piece a week?

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #112 on: July 05, 2013, 03:36:48 PM »

What do you guys think about breaking this game up to one (maybe two) star piece a week?

Based only on how long it took me to get the first one (about an hour and a half), I'd say that is beyond reasonable.

RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #113 on: July 06, 2013, 12:23:25 AM »

I haven't even had a chance to get the game started yet :/ I've been working 14 hour days all week.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #114 on: July 06, 2013, 06:17:48 AM »

That's tough. Hopefully some time will free up for you to do something other than slave away.

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #115 on: July 06, 2013, 11:07:29 AM »

Grabbed the second star last night.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #116 on: July 06, 2013, 11:44:49 AM »

Achievement 11 complete

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #117 on: July 06, 2013, 03:05:27 PM »

Achievement 11 complete

Congratulations!  You're leading the pack in achievements.

JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #118 on: July 06, 2013, 04:46:14 PM »

I have a question that I've been wondering since this game came out...

Can you block magic attacks? I've been pressing A, but nothing has worked. I'm guessing for magic you'd have to press Y, if it works at all.
MrUnoriginal
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #119 on: July 06, 2013, 06:29:26 PM »

Just got the first star tonight.  Can't tell how I feel about the graphics. The bright colors are great but that Donkey Kong Country per rendered 3d shiny textures bother me a little.

I like the strategic element that you have to share the flower points. It's an interesting dynamic to decide to use attack magic or save it for healing rain.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length