RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 20, 2024, 09:59:00 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | MS 100% Back pedal? 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: MS 100% Back pedal?  (Read 6626 times)
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« on: June 19, 2013, 04:24:16 PM »

http://news.xbox.com/2013/05/qa

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 04:43:35 PM »

I just signed on to post about this but you beat me to it.

This of course is wonderful news but the cheaper price point and more robust (at the moment) on-line subscription service (PS+ vs XBL Gold) will probably keep me on the list for a PS4. 

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 04:49:44 PM »

Q:    Will Xbox One allow players to trade in, purchase and play pre-owned games?
A:    We are designing Xbox One to enable customers to trade in and resell games. We’ll have more details to share later.

Now this is interesting, but notice there is still the more details later part. If MS got the message and dumps DRM I'll certainly consider it, as I currently like Xbox 360 more than PS3.

Here's to hoping that someone there has a brain.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 04:50:49 PM »

Q:    Will Xbox One allow players to trade in, purchase and play pre-owned games?
A:    We are designing Xbox One to enable customers to trade in and resell games. We’ll have more details to share later.

Now this is interesting, but notice there is still the more details later part. If MS got the message and dumps DRM I'll certainly consider it, as I currently like Xbox 360 more than PS3.

Here's to hoping that someone there has a brain.

...*cough* All digital content on Xbox Live Marketplace has DRM *cough*...

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 04:57:04 PM »

Looks like no DRM, impressive. http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2013, 05:07:33 PM »

That's a good decision on their part.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2013, 05:11:27 PM »

I threw on an Amazon pre-order for it based on this. I can always cancel if they do something screwy again.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2013, 05:14:58 PM »

This makes my pre-order sting significantly less now Cheesy

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2013, 05:16:28 PM »

I bet it also makes you happier to be in the used games business!

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2013, 05:34:23 PM »

I bet it also makes you happier to be in the used games business!

Actually having less Microsoft stuff in my store would have also been nice. Kind of bittersweet now Wink

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2013, 05:39:27 PM »

This of course is wonderful news but the cheaper price point and more robust (at the moment) on-line subscription service (PS+ vs XBL Gold) will probably keep me on the list for a PS4. 

I don't want to start an argument over which is better, I'm just curious as to your thoughts on why you prefer PS+ to XBLG.  As a (currently) non PS+ subscriber, I'd love to hear about what I'm missing (besides game giveaways).

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2013, 05:56:11 PM »

I don't want to start an argument over which is better, I'm just curious as to your thoughts on why you prefer PS+ to XBLG.  As a (currently) non PS+ subscriber, I'd love to hear about what I'm missing (besides game giveaways).

I'm also curious as to why you think PS+ is more rubust than XBL, excluding the giveaways.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2013, 06:00:50 PM »

For me it is 100% about the games. What more do you need? The excitement of anticipating what is coming out each week is awesome, and the sheer amount of awesome stuff that has come out just since I subscribed earlier in the year has more than justified the subscription fee.

Sometimes it isn't just a cool game like XCOM where I said "Oh cool! I wanted to play that!"

Something like Gods Eater Burst will pop up and I say "What the hell is that?" and start playing it and it is awesome. Nothing like taking a chance on a game for "free."

I haven't even taken advantage of their discounts either but they've recently had things like The Walking Dead season pass for five bucks for members.

Also there's all kinds of other free stuff like icons and themes if you're into that kind of stuff.

Obviously I'm a Playstation guy and PS+ cheerleader. See here: http://www.rfgeneration.c...m/index.php?topic=12011.0

I just really think this one hell of a service and I look forward to using on PS4. They already announced Drive Club will be free on day one. I'm hoping PS+ will be a great way to subsidize playing games on the new console and if the content available on PS3 for plus subscribers is any indication, it's going to be great.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2013, 06:12:19 PM »

...and Microsoft does the discounts, icons, and themes, and they're planning on matching PS+ in the giveaways moving forward. We also asked "besides game giveaways"? Wink

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2013, 06:17:30 PM »

...and Microsoft does the discounts, icons, and themes, and they're planning on matching PS+ in the giveaways moving forward. We also asked "besides game giveaways"? Wink

I'm with you. That's why I said it's all about the giveaways. So to answer the question precisely, nothing besides the specific giveaways distinguishes PS+ from XBLGold. But the quality and quantity of said giveaways is far, far superior on PS+.

I know Microsoft is trying to catch up. The first two games they're going to do not counting Fable III are Halo 3 and Assassin's Creed II. Come on.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length