RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 21, 2024, 04:26:51 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F getting released in August for both NA/EU regions 0 Members and 14 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F getting released in August for both NA/EU regions  (Read 6167 times)
Necrosaro
Virtual Boy
United States

WWW Stats
« on: June 06, 2013, 01:36:54 PM »

Just posted this morning on the Playstation blog:

http://blog.us.playstatio...kus-north-american-debut/

As far as I know, it seems the PS3 version of Project Diva F will be Hatsune Miku's debut in the States and Europe. The NA will be getting a physical retail release while Europe will likely get a digital-only release. Not confirmed is whether or not the Vita version (Project Diva f) is also coming out in the west. Still, exciting news for any of Miku's fans out there, niche title or not! Cool

I can't believe this is even happening. Just when I'm about ready to give up on Sega for good, they go and do THIS. Sheesh.

Now if they go batshit insane and localize Valkyria Chronicles 3 and Yakuza 5 in the west, I will declare Sonic 2006 the greatest game ever made. Lips Sealed

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 01:41:28 PM »

Now if they go batshit insane and localize Valkyria Chronicles 3 and Yakuza 5 in the west, I will declare Sonic 2006 the greatest game ever made. Lips Sealed

I've been planning animal sacrifices for a localization of VC3. 2 is just... bleh. A terrible followup to 1. Just reading the characters and basic story set up for 3 make it look like the true successor to the majesty of the first.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 02:26:23 PM »

Just posted this morning on the Playstation blog:

http://blog.us.playstatio...kus-north-american-debut/

As far as I know, it seems the PS3 version of Project Diva F will be Hatsune Miku's debut in the States and Europe. The NA will be getting a physical retail release while Europe will likely get a digital-only release. Not confirmed is whether or not the Vita version (Project Diva f) is also coming out in the west. Still, exciting news for any of Miku's fans out there, niche title or not! Cool

I can't believe this is even happening. Just when I'm about ready to give up on Sega for good, they go and do THIS. Sheesh.

You mean I can break out my Hatsune Miku shirt and Americans will know who she is?!

OatBob
セガ 信者
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 09:50:57 PM »

about time it made it over here.

That reminds me, I'm almost done with the first Diva game, I need to pick up 2nd.

small correction Necro, but Miku's formal debut was a live concert at Anime Expo in 2011.  The Blu-Ray has been on sale for a few months now.  http://www.aniplexusa.com/mikunopolis

This is the Western debut of the Project Diva series.  I'm blown away when music/rhythm titles aren't just automatically localized.  They're always simple to play, and only the menu text would need to be translated.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 10:11:48 PM by OatBob » Logged

it's thinking
Necrosaro
Virtual Boy
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 12:44:53 PM »

small correction Necro, but Miku's formal debut was a live concert at Anime Expo in 2011.  The Blu-Ray has been on sale for a few months now.  http://www.aniplexusa.com/mikunopolis
Well, I never got a chance to see the concert, seeing as I don't live on the west coast. And I'm not getting the Blu-Ray. Not at a $60 price point.

Basically, I meant this is the first Project DIVA game to be localized in the western regions. I hope Sega considers bringing over the Vita version as well, given how most people prefer their music games on handhelds nowadays. That and the PS3/Vita version are virtually identical aside from content differences.

The free demo is now up on PSN. So download it if you're interested, and support Sega if you like it! PS3 (and Vita) needs more games like these. Cool

noiseredux
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 01:15:42 PM »

I'm excited.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2013, 07:21:39 PM »

Just played the demo and sucked at it big time but I did each song like three times (even though I couldn't clear any on either difficulty).

Thanks op. This is good news. I'm with you on Yakuza 5.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2013, 07:38:05 PM »

DAMN! ...you guys DO realize this means I'll have to actually play my PS3, right? I'll tell my roommate to queue up the demo download - we'll see how surprised she is.

Necrosaro
Virtual Boy
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2013, 12:46:11 AM »

Just played the demo and sucked at it big time but I did each song like three times (even though I couldn't clear any on either difficulty).

Thanks op. This is good news. I'm with you on Yakuza 5.

The demo does come with the software manual digitally (I didn't even notice it until I pressed the PS button to quit out of the demo last night), so if you're new to the Project DIVA series that will basically tell you everything you need to know. But if this your first music/rhythm game, yeah, it can be daunting. Easy and Normal difficulties are what the demo provides, but there are two harder difficulties, Hard and Extreme, once you get good enough to clear Easy/Normal modes. Things get really hairy then.

It's also worth noting the three songs they give you are the same as the Japanese demo, but there are several songs in the full game that are a bit slower and more managable. Two of the demo songs are pretty fast and I tend to have trouble with those too.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2013, 05:53:53 AM »

Thanks for the info. I'm definitely going to try it again. I really liked the music (I'm a huge fan of J-Pop) and the eye-candy visuals and overall direction of the music videos.

Haoie
CD-i

Stats
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2013, 02:33:52 AM »

Someone explain why people like these 'games'?

If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made.
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2013, 06:38:10 AM »

They please me.

Necrosaro
Virtual Boy
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2013, 08:49:20 AM »

Lots of people like these games. I like these games as much as the next open-world adventure game or fighting game. Sega's not stupid. They know there's potentially enough Hatsune Miku fans out there that they're willing to take a chance on releasing Project DIVA F in the west. Good for them.

I own every console version of Beatmania IIDX game ever released in Japan. I still play them on occasion to unwind. Don't judge.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2013, 08:58:43 AM »

Goddamnit I just got so close to clearing Weekender Girl on normal. I am going to have to get a lot better at this game to justify purchasing it. It is so unforgiving, but makes you want to keep trying.

[img width=700 height=525]http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h32/grayghost81/2013-06-15095411_zps57088663.jpg[/img]

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2013, 09:45:07 AM »

Goddamnit I just got so close to clearing Weekender Girl on normal. I am going to have to get a lot better at this game to justify purchasing it. It is so unforgiving, but makes you want to keep trying.

[img width=700 height=525]http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h32/grayghost81/2013-06-15095411_zps57088663.jpg[/img]

Reminds me - going downstairs to download the demo.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length