RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 07, 2024, 02:33:30 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Every NES game in 30 days 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Every NES game in 30 days  (Read 5765 times)
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« on: June 04, 2013, 01:45:56 AM »

So, just before I was going to go to bed for the night (I'm staying up way too late tonight) I find this little project:

http://myvinylmuse.com/do...09-nes-titles-in-30-days/

The idea is cool, but they really picked the wrong system to do this project with. And the budget is laughable with the 800 pound gorilla in the room we all know about. Silent Service.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 08:36:48 AM »

I don't see him making his goal without resorting to online purchases. If it was over a longer period of time and he lives in a great area then perhaps, but some of those games are unlikely to pop up in that time period. He mentioned Flintstones and Little Samson, but not Stadium Events so that'll definitely ease up his goal a bit though. Regardless I don't know why anyone would want to pay into his kickstarter so that someone else can collect games while you watch.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 08:51:06 AM »

We're kickstarting collections now? Heck, I'm much closer than he probably is. Time to work up a shady plan!

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 08:59:52 AM »

Yep, that's just lame bro.  I wouldn't buy such a ridiculous, contrived documentary......however, I will sell you some games. Tongue

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 09:22:41 AM »

I think it is ridiculous.

Give me 15 grand and i will tape me buying games. I TOTALLY bought the games with my own cash though.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2013, 09:23:52 AM »

I'm sure those DVDs will have nice labels (i.e. permanent marker) and will be professionally edited.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2013, 09:26:51 AM »

The goal is set at $15,000 by June 21 of this year. The money collected through Kickstarter will help fund the video production side of “The NES Club,” as all the money spent collecting games will come out of Bartlett’s pocket.

The young collector will visit game stores, flea markets, thrift stores and pawn shops to cross off every retail NES game on the list, including titles like Flintstones: The Surprise at Dinosaur Peak and Little Samson which have been known to fetch up to $1,000 in the right condition. All games must be purchased in-person without the assistance of eBay.

Seems somewhat "legit", at least the way they are portraying it. He doesn't expect to get all of the games, but it'll be an attempt to do it.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2013, 09:31:33 AM »

@Shadow

lol, I "attempt" that yearly

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2013, 09:45:15 AM »

Yeah, no eBay assistance is going to make that feat tough unless he already has some of the tougher to find titles lined up.  I'd be interested to know what he does with the additional lot games he buys in terms of being able to resale or whatever in 30 days. This guy clearly has too much time on his hands. Be kind of funny to see him trolling the site, but I assume that all transactions must me "in-person" as well.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2013, 09:51:16 AM »

Hey guys I need some more games. I am going to start a kickstarter page so I can finish my DC and Saturn library. Anyone who donates will get a card in the mail that says thank you and if I ever meet you in person I will shake your hand.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2013, 09:52:18 AM »

Hey guys I need some more games. I am going to start a kickstarter page so I can finish my DC and Saturn library. Anyone who donates will get a card in the mail that says thank you and if I ever meet you in person I will shake your hand.

I only want that hand shake if it comes CIB

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2013, 09:52:47 AM »

I'll send you back Iron Aces...

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2013, 09:54:20 AM »

I think in all of our attempts to bash this, we are failing to applaud the awesome title of this documentary, "The NES Club." Bet he stayed up all night thinking of that one.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2013, 10:09:34 AM »

I think in all of our attempts to bash this, we are failing to applaud the awesome title of this documentary, "The NES Club." Bet he stayed up all night thinking of that one.

Maybe he had a seperate $15,000 kick starter to pay for focus groups and surveys to end up with the title

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2013, 10:11:30 AM »

I only want that hand shake if it comes CIB

Is there any other way? If you become a CIB collector I will teach you the super secret handshake.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length