RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 04:25:09 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | EA is not abandoning the Wii U 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: EA is not abandoning the Wii U  (Read 3359 times)
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« on: May 21, 2013, 10:36:01 PM »

http://www.ign.com/articl...ing-wii-u-games-after-all

Man this 'next-gen' hasn't even started yet and these stories are reading like 10 years of political flip flopping.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 10:40:34 PM »

Makes sense for EA.  They'd be incredibly stupid not to cash in on ports/IPs for the WiiU.
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 12:57:42 AM »

make up your mind EA!
Necrosaro
Virtual Boy
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 02:58:24 AM »

That was quick.

Before M$ Xbox One reveal: 'Ninty SUCKS. WORST CONSOLE EVER. They'll be software-only like Sega after 2013 lololololololol. Roll Eyes'

After M$ Xbox One reveal: 'WHOO NINTY! WE <3 NINTY! NINTY 4 LYFE! Grin'

Coincidence??

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2013, 11:02:28 AM »

^^^
There were four short paragraphs. Looks like you missed part of the second one

"Now it looks like EA is eating its words. During the Stifel Nicolaus 2013 Internet, Media and Communications Conference, EA's CFO, Blake Jorgensen, confirmed that the company is developing games for the Wii U after all - albeit, not as many as for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One."

Also during the Nextbox reveal EA said they have some sort of bullshit exclusive content deal with MS. So Nintendo is going to get a handful of top selling titles (Madden for example) and PS4 is going to get all the same content as Xbox but a couple week or couple months later than MS.

Like Wildbil said elsewhere the tablet has some serious possibilities for play making in sports games so they could definitely use the technology to their advantage.

But like Shadow said elsewhere.(if memory serves) The WiiU is not as developer friendly as the other 2 systems are.

wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2013, 12:20:27 PM »

I don't think they ever said that they weren't going to make games for it, they just said that they don't have any games currently in development. 

You probably won't see the big titles like Mass Effect and Battlefield, but EA likes money and they will put SOMETHING on the U.

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2013, 12:36:26 PM »

EA's Party Train. Now with Ring Toss!

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2013, 12:38:20 PM »

With any luck it will sell as much as the Carnival Games did on Wii.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2013, 12:44:44 PM »

I don't think they ever said that they weren't going to make games for it, they just said that they don't have any games currently in development. 

You probably won't see the big titles like Mass Effect and Battlefield, but EA likes money and they will put SOMETHING on the U.

This is what I thought.

KidA
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2013, 07:25:45 PM »

If Smartglass and the PS Vita are properly instrumented, I don't see what real advantage the Wii U tablet will have to offer.

OatBob
セガ 信者
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2013, 07:39:22 PM »

Sega's doubling down on the Wii U too.

They've promised three exclusive Sonic games.

it's thinking
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2013, 09:53:35 AM »

Sega's doubling down on the Wii U too.

They've promised three exclusive Sonic games.

Awesome 3 more crap Sonic games!!!!! Oh Sega what happened to you Sad

Am4zingGam3r
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2013, 10:12:46 AM »

As much as you guys say the WiiU doesn't have a chance, I like it, A lot

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2013, 02:58:17 PM »

agreed i don't really care about sales or comparisons with other systems, or it's technical specs. i have fun playing it and the gamepad is something new and pretty cool, so i don't really have complaints about that. i do hope they do better business-wise though, or it won't get a big library of games obviously.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2013, 04:23:38 PM »

agreed i don't really care about sales or comparisons with other systems, or it's technical specs. i have fun playing it and the gamepad is something new and pretty cool, so i don't really have complaints about that. i do hope they do better business-wise though, or it won't get a big library of games obviously.

How can you not care about sales? No sales = no new systems. I am sure the Wii U will have some good games but you have to care about sales.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length