RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 21, 2024, 03:50:38 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | It's official. Nintendo is worth less than a mobile developer. 0 Members and 7 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: It's official. Nintendo is worth less than a mobile developer.  (Read 5853 times)
OatBob
セガ 信者
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« on: May 15, 2013, 01:20:14 AM »

Nintendo's decline has been long and steady, but this is a new low for the big N.  Recently they were passed up in marketshare by a company called "Gung Ho".  Puzzles and Dragons is the big title in Gung Ho's lineup.  Not only is the game free-to-play, but it's also the company's biggest moneymaker through microtransactions.  Smartphones and touchscreens are here to stay it seems, so collectors beware.  The end is near.

Source:
http://blogs.wsj.com/digi...arket-cap-passes-nintendo

it's thinking
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 05:54:29 AM »

Oh noes! Nintendo is d0000000med!

In the same article the stock prices of the two are listed, and Nintendo is almost double Gung Ho's. Most of that is due to the amazing mountain of cash that Nintendo is sitting on. They'll be fine.

Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 06:55:34 AM »

Oh noes! Nintendo is d0000000med!

In the same article the stock prices of the two are listed, and Nintendo is almost double Gung Ho's. Most of that is due to the amazing mountain of cash that Nintendo is sitting on. They'll be fine.

Hey, come on, allow the guy to gloat a little.

You know how butt-hurt the Sega fanboys have been ever since their beloved company stopped making consoles...  Grin
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 09:35:29 AM »

I cant come soon enough. I would love to play a Nintendo game on a Xbox.

Leynos
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2013, 10:35:35 AM »

Nintendo has about 18 billion in the bank. So they are not going away anytime soon.
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2013, 12:03:35 PM »

Nintendo has about 18 billion in the bank. So they are not going away anytime soon.
This. Sony will exit before Nintendo will.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2013, 12:12:39 PM »

I wonder is Sega fans sounded like Nintendo fans do know before Sega got out of the console market.

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2013, 12:18:42 PM »

I wonder is Sega fans sounded like Nintendo fans do know before Sega got out of the console market.

"Please go software only Sega please! I beg of you!"

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2013, 12:27:34 PM »

Nintendo Co Ltd (OTC Pink - Current Information:NTDOY)
Stock: 14.37  +7.96%YTD

Electronic Arts Inc (NASDAQ:EA)
Stock: 22.57   +54.75%YTD

Just stoking the flames here. Stocks didn't start coming up until after EA announced that they weren't doing games for the WiiU. Wonder which side is winning in the WiiU war. Grin

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2013, 07:28:54 PM »

I have no idea what Nintendo thinks it's doing. I think slowly everyone is just getting kind of bored and fed up with them.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2013, 08:55:10 PM »

I have no idea what Nintendo thinks it's doing. I think slowly everyone is just getting kind of bored and fed up with them.

Not quite everyone Wink

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2013, 08:58:59 PM »

I don't know, I like the fact their at least trying to be creative, it might not turn out well a good chunk of the time, but at least the effort is there to brig new things about.

They're so hell-bent on giving, walking a wire
Convinced it's not living if you stand outside the fire

-Garth Brooks/Standing Outside The Fire

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2013, 09:01:40 PM »

Just stoking the flames here. Stocks didn't start coming up until after EA announced that they weren't doing games for the WiiU. Wonder which side is winning in the WiiU war. Grin

Had nothing to do with the Disney announcement?

blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2013, 09:38:52 PM »

It had quite a bit to do with Disney.  I was about to buy shares, too.  Sad
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2013, 09:05:19 AM »

I'm sure it had nothing to do with firing the old CEO either. Those are just incidental things.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length