RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 08:23:08 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Final Fantasy XIII Versus might be heading to PS3 and PS4 exclusively 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIII Versus might be heading to PS3 and PS4 exclusively  (Read 1500 times)
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« on: May 09, 2013, 01:09:56 AM »

http://www.nowgamer.com/n...be_ps3_ps4_exclusive.html

If this is true, will it help push systems? Only time will tell. Or is the Final Fantasy XIII series a bit long in the tooth?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 01:13:04 AM by Link41 » Logged

h1ghw1nd
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 02:35:29 AM »

I can't get into XIII. The battle system kills it for me. Somewhere around 2 or 3 hrs in, I'll probably finish it at some point. Who knows maybe I'll grow to love it.
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 02:53:19 AM »

I can't get into XIII. The battle system kills it for me. Somewhere around 2 or 3 hrs in, I'll probably finish it at some point. Who knows maybe I'll grow to love it.

the battle system is really boring early on...they add more to it over a very long time, the last major gameplay change happened around 30 hours for me. the fundamentals don't change much (you still just press X until you win), but the strategy comes in with the paradigm shifts and how you setup your party. the bosses definitely need more skill, but the majority of the random mobs don't need much more than just the auto attack option.

i can definitely understand not liking it for that, but i'd say play at least 10 hours before you really decide...it just starts so slow gameplay wise, but it does get better.
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 04:55:04 AM »

Considering the hype and rumour that surrounds this game I'm sure fans are happy to know this game will eventually be released. I expected Versus XIII to be a next gen title when the cancellation rumours began.

I don't think this will help sell any more PS4's than the confirmed launch titles will. But looking at the launch lineup among other features for the PS4 it seems Sony will be catering to gamers, whereas Microsoft will be catering to fans of various media.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2013, 10:04:56 PM »

Wasn't this announced before the PS3 even released?  Crazy how it has still not materialized.
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2013, 10:59:05 PM »

To address Link's original question, will this push system sales? I do not think it will.  

I don't think that any one release is enough to significantly bump system sales anymore.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 11:13:25 AM by wildbil52 » Logged

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2013, 11:09:01 PM »

at least not for sony. they don't really have any big "system seller" series. sure there are big series, but they don't seem to get the mainstream hype that nintendo and microsoft have with their titles.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2013, 05:38:18 PM »

I gave up on FF13 after about 25 hours, and I really tried hard to like the game. The characters are mostly stupid, some of the plots go on forever, the main plot is contrived/weird and there's no exploration whatsoever. Also, the random battles always take forever, because you always need to heal your team.
Leynos
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2013, 12:35:35 AM »

Try The Last Story or Lost Odessey.

XIII & XIII-2 are garbage.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length