RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 20, 2024, 06:21:35 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Stirring the Wii U pot once again... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Stirring the Wii U pot once again...  (Read 5044 times)
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« on: May 02, 2013, 12:37:14 PM »

No Madden for Wii U this year.

http://www.stumbleupon.co...-nfl-25-benched-for-wii-u

Along with the announcement came this terrible quote

"We will not be releasing a Wii U version of Madden NFL in 2013.  However, we have a strong partnership with Nintendo and will continue to evaluate opportunities for delivering additional Madden NFL products for Nintendo fans in the future."

I know that most Wii U fans probably aren't super interested in Madden games but the last system that EA refused to support was the Dreamcast.  A system that was much beloved by fans who still love the system to this day but that love wasn't enough to save the console.

stir, stir, stir

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 12:58:14 PM »

WOW

I thought Madden was released on everything by default. That says a lot about what EA thinks of the Wii U.

They should make Madden NFL with Mario and it will sell.

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 01:08:47 PM »

Well considering how well Madden 12 WIIU sold it is not surprising. I could see more EA support and Madden making a comeback on the WII once the install base is up. (It could take a price cut for this to happen). If Activision stops releasing Call of Duty on the WIIU then I'll worry.

*Edit: Ok. Just checked COD Ghosts and I don't see it for WIIU. Now I'm worried.  Undecided
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 01:17:17 PM by Addicted » Logged

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 01:30:35 PM »

Well considering how well Madden 12 WIIU sold it is not surprising. I could see more EA support and Madden making a comeback on the WII once the install base is up. (It could take a price cut for this to happen). If Activision stops releasing Call of Duty on the WIIU then I'll worry.

*Edit: Ok. Just checked COD Ghosts and I don't see it for WIIU. Now I'm worried.  Undecided

To be fair, COD titles for Wii/WiiU have had separate releases.

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 01:37:22 PM »

To be fair, COD titles for Wii/WiiU have had separate releases.

True, but I thought the release of BLOPS 2 on the WIIU might change that. Guess not.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2013, 01:42:48 PM »

EA still bitter over the whole Nintendo not wanting to run that horrible Origin for online thing?

EDIT:

However, we have a strong partnership with Nintendo

HAHAHA, what a crock of shit. No one is really missing anything anyways. If EA don't want to support the system, there are numerous other Publishers/Developers who will.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 01:55:18 PM by Link41 » Logged

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2013, 01:44:35 PM »

Ghosts must heading to Wii U, it was listed on their main page www.theghostsarereal.com until that site was taken down.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2013, 02:37:19 PM »

I see this as a win win win.

Win 1
EA doesn't have to waste money developing a game that won't sell on that system

Win 2
nintendo doesn't have to worry about Madden being added to their roster of releases.

Win 3
One less sports title to track down when the system dies.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2013, 02:56:44 PM »

when the system dies
Yeah...I don't see that happening. Everyone said the same thing about 3DS, and look what happened there. My only question is why Nintendo is dragging their feet with Wii U and doing doing nothing to reverse the fortune so far.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2013, 03:04:47 PM »

when the system dies
Yeah...I don't see that happening. Everyone said the same thing about 3DS, and look what happened there. My only question is why Nintendo is dragging their feet with Wii U and doing doing nothing to reverse the fortune so far.

every system dies eventually, when a new one takes its place. that might be what he meant Tongue
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2013, 03:09:32 PM »

NO SYSTEM EVER DIES! DO NOT QUESTION LINK!

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2013, 03:26:18 PM »

when the system dies

every system dies eventually, when a new one takes its place. that might be what he meant Tongue
Then that I may have misinterpreted.

Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2013, 09:34:33 AM »

The Master System is still alive and well... actually at this rate it might outlive all of us.
[img width=485 height=285]http://i.imgur.com/qyA9IIV.jpg[/img]
http://www.tectoy.com.br/prod_interna.aspx?id=20

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2013, 03:04:04 PM »

when the system dies

u wot m8?

When shall his new form be revealed?
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2013, 02:01:26 PM »

EA also can't get Frostbite 3 to work with the Wii U.  Most likely means no Battlefield 4, Dragon Age, or Mass Effect on Wii U unless they heavily modify those ports (talking about the new DA and ME games)

Also, Epic confirmed that Unreal 4 also will not currently run on the Wii U but says that ports could make their way to the Wii U at the developer's discretion.

http://www.joystiq.com/20...ot-too-promising-results/

I'd really like to play one I just don't know anyone locally who owns it and the gamepad is disconnected at my local Target and Best Buy stores so the kiosks just run videos :/

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length