RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 21, 2024, 03:14:33 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | Scooter's official general Atari 8-bit find page 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Scooter's official general Atari 8-bit find page  (Read 6109 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2013, 11:00:47 AM »

I don't know where you find this stuff. I've only seen a few 8-bit loose games in my area over the past 5 years or so.  I'd really like to have an Atari 8-bit at some point, and would be interested in what games you would recommend.  I did a "best bang for your buck" guide for the 2600 in my blog a few months back: http://www.rfgeneration.c...-Buck-2600-Games-2482.php

Would really like to see you put something like this together for some of us who are more ignorant to this system.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
A8scooter
CD-i

WWW Stats
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2013, 12:12:53 PM »

When you get items you want to have a location where you can clean stuff up. Thats a temporary solution. Once I get my tables and I start really setting things up Im gonna move my cleaning area.

When I opened up the Atari 800. ( it wasn't lighting up ) I saw this interesting 32K booster chip. that went along with the 10k Rom and 16k Ram.

[img width=596 height=304]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r221/atari83/RamCram_zps7b99ce58.jpg[/img]

With the chip layout being as follows:

<10K Rom Chip>
<16K Ram Chip>
<RamCram 32K>
<  OPEN SLOT  >

I wonder if you can still toss another 16 in the blank slot and max the 800 out at 64K Ram. I doubt you could and the machine would only read 48K at once. Bit if you could then youd have a system basically as powerful as the XE line minus the Operating System and you should be able to play the XE titles on the 800 ( in theory ) .

Currently looking for :

Atari 8 bit
+ game cartridges ( all brands and most titles )
+ Prototype and Demo cartridges
+ manuals and boxes
+ Atari 130XE system, and any system boxes outside of the Atari 400 system.
Check out my Atari 8-Bit Museum Site at:
[url]http://www.a8museum.com[
A8scooter
CD-i

WWW Stats
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2013, 12:19:08 PM »

@Singlebanana.  Yes it is hard to find games in the wild. My local goodwills and thrift shops dont really sell anything other than modern items and on rare occasion PS1. It sucks living in one of the expensive areas in NJ ( when your not rich like everyone expects you to be). I do alot of hunting online on and off ebay ( mostly off ebay even though I do pick a thing or 2 off there when something good and exciting comes along. ) 

Im checking out the link you sent me and I could easily do something like that . Give me a day or 2 to work on a list. I just wish the game prices on A8 items were like the 2600 prices. But if you see on ebay the prices are much higher. Thats where this bang for the buck on A8 would pay off. Once you pay 8 or 12 for a semi common game you want to know its a good game worth playing.  I started the game of the week for that purpose  to let people know which games are fun and worth a look . But your list takes it to the next level. Thanks for the suggestion. I look forward to getting it up and getting feedback from others on what they liked and would suggest as well.

Currently looking for :

Atari 8 bit
+ manuals and boxes
A8scooter
CD-i

WWW Stats
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2013, 01:38:49 PM »

Just posted up a list of games that would be a very good start for the starting out A8 gamer and budget gamer in my Blog section.

Currently looking for :

Atari 8 bit
+ manuals and boxes
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2013, 01:40:51 PM »

Just posted up a list of games that would be a very good start for the starting out A8 gamer and budget gamer in my Blog section.

Awesome! Looking forward to it.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length