RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 18, 2024, 01:15:23 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | do you want to see NGPC reviews on my blog? 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: do you want to see NGPC reviews on my blog?  (Read 2550 times)
noiseredux
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« on: April 19, 2013, 10:27:35 PM »

As y'all know my blog has been known as 'noiseredux vs. Sega' this past year, as I've gotten focused on SCD, Sat and DC. But there's one other console I collect for -- Neo Geo Pocket Color. Though not Sega, I consider it the DC's little sister, what with the link cable and all. Plus shared or related games like Sonic Pocket Adventure or the demake of Evolution.

At any rate. What say you? YOU I mean. The ones that comment on my blog. Will NGPC stuff mesh well with the current Sega coverage?

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 10:53:35 AM »

I'm good with it. So far my NGPC collection consists of 1 game. It would be nice to know others to keep an eye out for. I would like to double or even triple my NGPC collection this year.

Maybe you can talk about good headlamps and flashlights for lighting up the screen bright enough for you to see it.
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2013, 04:26:12 PM »

The NGPC gets so little attention. I'd love to hear more about it.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2013, 05:01:20 PM »

i don't know anything about it, i'd be interested to learn though
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2013, 05:47:36 PM »

I don't know much about the NGPC outside of what you already mentioned and Metal Slug so I would love to know more about the system's library.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2013, 07:10:13 PM »

What they said.

Techie413
We need to talk about your flair.
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2013, 07:59:19 PM »

When I started collecting again, I was really just going to aim for handhelds, and the NGPC ended up being my first.  It's a comfortable little system with some great games.  The only flaw is obviously no front-lit screen.  I would enjoy another collector's critic.  I'm not much for Pokémon, but enjoy the Card Fighters Clash games.  Dark Arms, Match of the Millennium, Metal Slug.  There are some fun ones on this somewhat forgotten handheld.

noiseredux
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2013, 09:17:53 AM »

cool. Yeah, I'm thinking I'll prob feature some more collector-related info on the system - something I've been meaning to do for SCD/Sat/DC as well. Just been so busy in recent months with new house and all.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2013, 09:48:38 AM »

A back-lit NGPC would be amazing, but the NGPC itself is a fantastic little handheld. I'd love to see some coverage on it, as it doesn't get too much love outside of the NeoGeo circles, and you could even ease into it with the DC crossover content.

I own 3 different NGPC handhelds, and I still need to fix up one for a friend. I just wish there were more NGPC items locally.

noiseredux
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2013, 04:13:31 PM »

you guys know about the frontlit mod right?

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2013, 04:53:23 PM »

I know almost nothing about neo geo anything

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2013, 05:01:09 PM »

I would love to read some NGPC stuff.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2013, 07:23:18 PM »

I've watched a video on doing the mod. Modding consoles in general is something I waver on. It's not something I think I would do unless I had duplicates of the console I wanted to mod. Just like to have the stock version to show people.

But the mod is pretty cool, having a light on that handheld would make it so nice.
noiseredux
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2013, 07:30:07 PM »

I've watched a video on doing the mod. Modding consoles in general is something I waver on. It's not something I think I would do unless I had duplicates of the console I wanted to mod. Just like to have the stock version to show people.

But the mod is pretty cool, having a light on that handheld would make it so nice.

same here. Personally, I have good lighting in my new house so it's kind of a non-issue now. But if I were going to have someone mod the frontlight for me, it would be on an extra system since I have a nice minty boxed Japan bundle.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2013, 08:00:57 PM »

Damn neo-cons

When shall his new form be revealed?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length