RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 02, 2024, 07:15:03 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | GrayGhost81's Collection: A Video Tour *Update - All 3 vids are live!* 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: GrayGhost81's Collection: A Video Tour *Update - All 3 vids are live!*  (Read 5254 times)
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« on: April 17, 2013, 10:24:54 AM »

Hey guys!

With all the cool pics and vids of everyone's collections going up lately I couldn't resist throwing my hat in the ring.

Here's the first of three videos. I start the series off by zipping through a lot of current-gen stuff.

Part One: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, SMS, NGC

http://s60.photobucket.co...7-18_zps003a303e.mp4.html

--------------------------------

Here's part two. It's a little sloppy because it didn't record the first time, but it get's the job done. Once again thanks for checking it out!

Part Two: NES, DC, SNES, Saturn, N64, Genesis

http://s60.photobucket.co...9-42_zps94aa4455.mp4.html

Finally we have part three. This shelf is a combination of my least favorite stuff and my most favorite stuff, as the stuff on the bottom shelves is mostly blocked by a futon (which we moved out of the way to film). This video is a little longer than the other two because it includes Playstation 2, which is my favorite, so I didn't rush so much in this one. Enjoy!

Right now this clip gets cut off at the ten minute mark. Thank you techwizard for pointing this out. The vid is currently uploading to an alternative site and I will replace the link as soon as it is up.  EDIT: FIXED!

Part Three Part 3 - Intellevision, PSP, NDS, 2600, XBOX, PS1, PS2

So there you have it friends. I really had a lot of fun making these vids and would love to do a few more. If anyone would like to see more of anything or wants to hear about a specific parts of the collection, let me know.

Thanks so much for taking a few minutes to watch. I've been collecting for a while but until I discovered RFGen about a year ago, I didn't realize there was one great place where "people like me" gather and share about our awesome hobby.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 09:04:57 PM by GrayGhost81 » Logged

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 12:48:16 PM »

Nice collection so far. I don't really know enough about modern generation gaming to comment, but looking forward to the other videos. Smiley

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 06:18:03 PM »

very nice, you have a lot of good stuff for the modern systems, looking forward to more videos!
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 06:28:58 PM »

That is a fun little video; I like short collection tours. You're missing No More Heroes 2, and you should rectify that. Overall a nice group of modern titles, and I look forward to the next parts!

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2013, 10:06:18 PM »

That's a good looking collection.

I saw those Saturn games hiding off to the side, waiting to see more of them   Cheesy
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2013, 10:18:06 PM »

Nice video. You've got a good number of great games there! I liked that it was more of a way for you to show your collection instead of a bragging rights video.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of your collection.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2013, 12:14:29 AM »

Nice video. You've got a good number of great games there! I liked that it was more of a way for you to show your collection instead of a bragging rights video.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of your collection.

me too, and i like when people point out their favourites or ones they don't like too, like little mini reviews
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2013, 05:23:49 AM »

Thanks a lot guys, I've been wanting to do this for a very long time, even before I was on RFGen. It's really fun to share.

I just added part two. Part three is in the can and will be live as soon as it uploads from my phone.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2013, 10:08:58 AM »

Watched part 2. You are right, Monster Party is a great game that doesn't get mentioned a lot. U.N. Squadron (SNES) is a great shooter, but I think the price on that has inflated a bit as of recent. Saw it in a used game store the other day for $50......Yowch! Still seems to be reasonable on eBay though.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2013, 10:18:07 AM »

I must've paid between five and ten bucks for UN Squadron about three or four years ago. I guess it was a good grab. Looks like it is going for around $20 right now. Still worth it if you want a world class side scrolling shooter!

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2013, 12:02:17 PM »

Thanks for making the videos. It's always interesting to find out what games a collector identifies with, and how they organize/ set up their collection.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Am4zingGam3r
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2013, 04:15:34 PM »

That's awesome!

Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2013, 12:50:50 AM »

Very awesome. I just picked up Monster Pocket from GamerNick, and it was one of those games that I rented as a kid, and I thought it was just neat a quirky kind of way, especially when I fought the tempura boss

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2013, 12:55:53 AM »

i laughed at the silent service part
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2013, 05:20:41 PM »

i laughed at the silent service part

Thanks, now I feel better about the joke Smiley

Well the third video is up. A little longer than the other ones but I just love my PS2 games.

I added more notes to the original thread so you can check vids that have the consoles you like, or avoid ones you don't.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length