RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 01, 2024, 08:21:49 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Values 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Values  (Read 1524 times)
Kensanity
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« on: March 23, 2013, 11:13:25 AM »

I'm looking for a good references on values of games.  I am thinking about picking up Super Metroid and A Llink to the past for $70, but I want to know if that's close to the value of these two SNES carts.  Any tips would be great!
moonraker_fats
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 11:32:16 AM »

Check out pricecharting.com It will give you averages based off recent sales from various places - both loose and complete.  $70 sounds a little high for just the carts (just off the top of my head) but its all about what they're worth to you in the end.  Good luck!

[img width=95 height=39]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/RFGmicrobar01.gif[/img]
Kensanity
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 11:36:01 AM »

I'm getting them both for a total of $70.  Might be a little high, but I think I am ok with that.  I'm still a couple months away form yard sale season, and I doubt I could find those two total for much cheaper.  Thanks for the web page.  I'll check it out.
moonraker_fats
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 12:03:38 PM »

Oh for sure! Also, there's a permanent thread under the Collection Connection sub-board called Price Check Thread that you can just name the game/console/condition and if someone is in the know, they'll hook you up. Welcome to RFGen!

[img width=95 height=39]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/RFGmicrobar01.gif[/img]
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2013, 12:09:46 PM »

As long as you are happy with the price then you nailed the value.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
engel762
Donor

Stats
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2013, 07:12:26 PM »

As the Crabmaster said, I like to think of it as "What's it worth to you."  People tend to place different values on things based on many criteria.  How much you'll enjoy the game, is there a nostalgia factor, or are you just buying them to add to the collection?  Those are the things that tend to determine how much I want to pay for something.
Beardcore84
that TMNT guy
Donor

Stats
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2013, 10:24:13 PM »

Link to the Past is one of my favorite games of all time, I can't see spending more than $25 bucks for a copy.

Running out of games to buy.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2013, 10:50:53 PM »

Also, please keep in mind that pricecharting is meant to track TRENDS, not ACTUAL prices. The neat part of the site is the ability to quick-reference auctions that use the auction details for the game, so comparing loose values for recent sales is fairly simple to do.

BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2013, 01:50:44 PM »

Yep. I'd guess retail is about $60 for the two of them ($25 for Zelda, $35 for Metroid), so $70 isn't too far off. Maybe you can haggle them down a few bucks?

I'll echo everyone else here and recommend VGPC. Like Shadow said, it's great if you use it correctly: spotting trends and giving you a reference point for price.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length