RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 01, 2024, 12:17:31 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Help find missing scans ! 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Help find missing scans !  (Read 1974 times)
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« on: March 18, 2013, 05:59:15 PM »

I have searched for missing images for the games I have, but its overwhelming  on how many needs scanned so I wanted to throw this out there:

Any game or hardware anyone comes across that doesnt have a scan send me a message if I own it and I will find it and scan it.  this will be done on tuesdays Smiley its my free day. 

Thanks Smiley

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 06:29:29 PM »

A BUNCH!
If the Find Missing Images tool* gets tweaked and allowed you to only search on a system by system basis or be able to exclude Screenshots would that increase the likelihood of you using it?

*Can be found here: (don't worry the link is for my username but when you search it bases it off your collection anyways)
http://www.rfgeneration.c...llection&action=tools

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 09:11:44 PM »

when i'm trying to do something like that i just take it system by system. just filter to show only one system that you own, then start manually clicking through each one...i don't really use the "find missing images" thing for the reason izret pointed out that it includes screenshots, which i don't normally submit.
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 10:30:21 PM »

I always go through each listing in my collection to find which games need pictures.  Sometimes scans are bad and need to be replaced; the "Find Missing Images" tool won't show that.

Granted, with a collection as large as yours, that can take quite a bit of time.  Smiley
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 08:49:14 AM »

Hardware images all day...

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 01:32:09 PM »

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2013, 08:41:13 AM »

I will be happy to do the hardware, how do you search for hardware, the search tools says that for EX. that the Master system 3d glasses needs scans but you click on it it only needs manual, how do I just search say just one of the 4 kinds of scans.

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2013, 08:54:00 AM »

I always go through each listing in my collection to find which games need pictures.  Sometimes scans are bad and need to be replaced; the "Find Missing Images" tool won't show that.

Granted, with a collection as large as yours, that can take quite a bit of time.  Smiley

do we have a forum for bad scans that I could check and and rescan ? like low res or just poor scans in general.... PS  I want that scanner mouse Smiley I could scan every box to perfection.

blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2013, 10:49:33 AM »

do we have a forum for bad scans that I could check and and rescan ? like low res or just poor scans in general.... PS  I want that scanner mouse Smiley I could scan every box to perfection.

Not that I know of.  I like my scans at least 600DPI and cropped properly, so I generally replace scans that aren't the best they can be.  They're not necessarily "bad", but they could be better.  Smiley
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2013, 10:50:33 AM »

If I could get high res scans with my phone, I'd do it in a heartbeat. You can start up a thread in the Announcements and Feedback forum where people can post up low quality scan links and we'll start from there. I'm with blck in that I scan at 600 DPI and scale down from there, but the results can be negligible depending on how you do the scaling down to 550px short side. Still, these scans don't lie:

[img width=550 height=778]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/games/U-031/bf/U-031-S-00270-A.jpg[/img][img width=550 height=772]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/games/U-031/bb/U-031-S-00270-A.jpg[/img]
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 10:52:49 AM by Shadow Kisuragi » Logged

blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2013, 10:54:37 AM »

^I love being able to read the fine print on the back of scans.  Like you said, the difference can be negligible sometimes when they're scaled down to 550px, but being at least 600DPI seems have enough detail to allow you to read the back of the box.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2013, 07:04:17 PM »

http://www.rfgeneration.c...x.php?topic=11598.new#new

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length