RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 20, 2024, 12:23:57 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | I'm done with Nintendo 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: I'm done with Nintendo  (Read 3949 times)
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2013, 06:28:14 PM »

So I called Nintendo and spoke with them and great news!  I'm getting a brand new system but.... it appears only because of a technicallity, like Ryan Braun.  Apparently when the system is initially sent in they do an assessment to see if it is covered under warranty, i.e was it dropped.  If the repair is sent back and still not fixed, than it doesn't get assessed again when sent it.  It is supposed to just get repaired.  So yes, I'm getting a new one for free but I don't like the reason why as I'm not sure I would get this fixed under warranty if that wasn't the case.  I also told the rep I find it hard to believe that there was water damage as I only touched it twice, once was opening and verifying operation and once when packaging the item to be shipped.  She said she shouldn't be telling me this but a liquid spill doesn't have to be that the system was dumped in a bucket of water.  A liquid spill could be as simple as I washed my hands and didn't dry them enough and "some" water seeped in.  I wasn't going to argue with her seeing I was getting a brand new one but come on!  Seriously?  I was also going to point out how do I know that the tech didn't go to the bathroom, wash their hands, and not dry them thoroughly?  But alas, I did not but that was laughable.  Anyways, new 3DS at their cost.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 06:30:45 PM by shaggy » Logged

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2013, 06:43:15 PM »

I've been done with nintendo since all they've ever been able to produce is more god damned Mario.

When shall his new form be revealed?
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2013, 07:16:22 PM »

Yes, its a shame how much they're whoring that Mario character out in that Fire Emblem thing.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Haoie
CD-i

Stats
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2013, 03:25:35 AM »

Time to take those precious dollars elsewhere.

If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made.
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2013, 01:56:09 PM »

Well, at least it got sorted out.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length