RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 01, 2024, 10:24:40 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | What to do with your Virtual boy games... 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What to do with your Virtual boy games...  (Read 2173 times)
VideoGameRescue
N-Gage

WWW Stats
« on: March 05, 2013, 12:23:11 PM »

Not too long ago I found a post on reddit about how a guy made custom cases for his virtual boy collection. I was so impressed with what the final product looked like, I went out and made some for myself. For the longest time I had no idea how to store my virtual boy games and like most, ended up in a box. This solved my problem and they look pretty awesome.
[img width=700 height=466]http://videogamerescue.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/finished-product-4.jpg[/img]

It has come to my attention that the cover art for the custom cases were not on TheCoverArtProject and I updated the post I made on my site to include the files.

If you would like to learn how to make your own cases just head over here for the full tutorial.

Bring an Old Friend Back to Life!
www.VideoGameRescue.com
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 12:26:13 PM »

Those look awesome!

blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 12:29:05 PM »

Those look great!  The red cases really make it work.  I've always loved the idea of using DS cases to hold all my loose games.
VideoGameRescue
N-Gage

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 01:29:11 PM »

I tried to use the black cases at first and it looked pretty blah. Red is the way to go with these

Bring an Old Friend Back to Life!
www.VideoGameRescue.com
Techie413
We need to talk about your flair.
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 03:07:12 PM »

I did something like this for some handheld game carts - NGPC, Game Gear, etc. but now I'm going to go back and use the foam idea.  Thanks.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2013, 07:24:39 PM »

I'll admit that those do look pretty sleek. I gotta have my cardboard though for Virtual Boy games, even if it ends up costing me more in the long run.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2013, 07:52:38 PM »

Thanks for the tip, VideoGameRescue.  All my VB games are loose, stacked up and looking sad, and since I got the system mainly as a curiousity, I have to plans on further collecting.  This info will help get those games out of the "loose" ghetto and onto the shelves with the rest of my games.  Thanks, dude!

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Am4zingGam3r
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2013, 05:18:37 PM »

Awesome, dude!

monkees19
Donor
United States
Awards: 2015 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2013, 05:37:36 PM »

Those look pretty cool. I've always thought about investing in those custom made cases since I lack the time to make them on my own. But I know my inner collector will force me to get the original packaging anyway so it seems like an excerise in fulity for me.

wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2013, 10:37:08 AM »

I'm usually not one for custom cases.  I like to have the original cardboard...but...I do love a good DIY project and since VB isn't one of my collecting focuses I could definitely see myself doing this once I pick up a few more loose VB carts.  Thanks for sharing!

slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2013, 11:11:44 AM »

Thanks for sharing!  I think I may do this with mine too, so I appreciate the cover links and idea. Smiley

Keelah se'lai
KidA
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2013, 10:02:51 PM »

I did something like this for some handheld game carts - NGPC, Game Gear, etc. but now I'm going to go back and use the foam idea.  Thanks.
These would be great for games that one reason or another were released without packaging--a la, those two ngpc games whose names escape me.  The Last Blade and Faselei?

Missionfailed
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2013, 07:32:56 AM »

Very nice and sleek looking...almost like this is how they should have been in the first place.
CoinCollector
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2013, 03:04:59 AM »

Ooh, cherry red.  They look great!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length