RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 30, 2024, 03:22:27 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Shadow's RoD - Finally, progress! 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Shadow's RoD - Finally, progress!  (Read 5716 times)
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« on: March 03, 2013, 11:07:02 AM »

Lately, I've been expressing thoughts of getting rid of large portions of my collection because it's sitting around in boxes not doing anything. We moved into the house just over a year ago, and we've done nothing with the collection since then. We're constantly catching up on bills, so additions to it have even been incremental at best. My wife wanted to do something for my birthday, and she's been irked at how I've been having to move things in front of the room to even get around in it, so she decided to start getting a shelving system setup. It's nothing fancy, but it takes care of my #1 concern: having all of my games on the floor with problematic cats in the house.

While we were putting the shelving up, one of the cats decided to walk across a large portion of loose SNES games my wife had moved to get to the wall. He freaked out and started trying to run off. It doesn't help that he's a 25lb cat with little grace, and he ended up putting a crease in my Lucienne's Quest box.  Shocked
It doesn't look horrible, but my wife and I made sure to put up all of my expensive Sega and 3DO items on the shelf that night.

Shortly after move-in (2/25/2012):

3/3/2013:

New Shelving:

Rest of Room:

Spillover (not counting the table in the living room covered, or the Current Generation items in my living room):

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 11:11:45 AM »

If anyone needs a system box for Xbox 360 or PS3, let me know...I've got 5 empty PS3 boxes and 3 empty Xbox 360 boxes, plus another at work. I tend to pick them up before they get tossed out at work. Tongue

That's only half of the Genesis games up on the shelf. If anyone's interested in the shelving, the shelves are 96" and $20 each at Lowe's. The steel-colored braces end up being like $4 each (I think), and the middle support bar isn't needed - the shelves will hold 300+ lbs without that middle support. My wife ended up spending ~$100 on the entire deal, and it will support another 2 shelves. I'll be able to get another set across that wall with a little extra space, plus I'll have room at the top for my system boxes or, for when we have some money later, store display signs for the various systems.

We've also decided that I need to start completing some of my systems - I only have ~10 32X games left, with only 1 expensive title left (Pitfall 32X w/ poster). Time to finally knock out that goal. Grin

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 11:52:51 AM »

Glad you're getting a chance to work on that. It's a bummer when you can't get to or use your collection, I know all about that.

Another good thing about this is now I'll be able to put up pictures of my collection, It's probably closer in neatness to yours than the other super neat and tidy collections being put up lately  Grin
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 11:56:57 AM »

I know I'll get asked...
In the picture with all of the system boxes and other large boxes on the left - almost all of those are system boxes. There's a few large CE boxes over there, but those are all going to go up on the shelf here shortly.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 12:56:34 PM »

awesome to finally get everything organized! the shelves look good so far, i've got the same ones but smaller for my currently hooked up systems below the tv, they work really well.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 02:24:49 PM »

WHERE IS DKC SNES!?!?!?!?

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2013, 03:19:32 PM »

It's there, and it brought a friend:

For Blck and the rest of the N64 crew:

If anyone's got the SNES one CIB to make it a trifecta, LMK:

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2013, 04:06:25 PM »

Looking good! I bet if feels pretty nice to make some progress.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2013, 11:23:48 PM »

love those n64 system boxes
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2013, 09:30:50 AM »

Wish I had more of the N64 system boxes. I'd love to collect all of the other colors some time.

engel762
Donor

Stats
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2013, 10:11:04 AM »

I'd love more system boxes, but space is an issue for me :/  Although I think I might be able to squeeze an NES and SNES box in if I come across one...
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2013, 12:13:20 PM »

I've always loved the colored N64 systems and their boxes, but I unfortunately only own the original console and the Star Wars console boxed.  As always, awesome stuff Shadow!
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2013, 05:51:18 PM »

How do those strategy guides/magazines not fall over?
Anytime I get a stack of magazines over a foot tall, it slowly topples.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2013, 05:57:17 PM »

...the stack on the right actually did fall over between my wife and the cat. However, there's a ton of weight on it, which prevents the pile itself from falling. They can't slide if they're being pushed down.

GamerNick
Collector of All Things Video Game Related
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2013, 02:25:45 AM »

ahh I was going to say it's magic!! But no just common math :-P

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
Looking for CIB - NES Games or Boxes & Manuals in Bulk.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length