RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 21, 2024, 12:31:28 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | PS4 woot! 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Print
Author Topic: PS4 woot!  (Read 15906 times)
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2013, 02:11:09 PM »

Can't wait to hack into gamer girls webcams and watch them fap Tongue

http://youtu.be/ddRU9bSxntE?t=54s

Am4zingGam3r
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2013, 04:49:08 PM »

I will definitely pick up a PS4

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2013, 09:17:16 PM »

I'm eager to see what system exclusives they have.  That's really going to be the deciding point between the PS4 and the new Xbox.
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2013, 10:39:51 PM »

We know Quantic Dream is going to release something interesting. Probably a game about severed old man heads dealing with the paranormal.

In all seriousness I'm curious to find out about exclusives too.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2013, 12:34:44 AM »

I'll either get a Wii U or PS4. Although the system I'm most curious about is the next Xbox. How much does Microsoft love Kinect? Will they force it upon their next console in some fashion?

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2013, 12:40:06 AM »

Since Sony has basically included Kinect in the PS4, why would you not expect it to be in the next Xbox?

Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2013, 04:16:20 AM »

I do expect it, but I'm curious about to what extend. I know they won't ditch controls entirely and force anyone who wants the new Xbox to use Kinect as that would just out right kill the system... so how far do they go with it?

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2013, 11:45:18 AM »

I would expect Kinect to be integrated to the same extent it is currently, with a much improved camera and detection system.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2013, 12:09:52 PM »

I agree. Nothing will replace the controller.

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2013, 04:22:49 PM »

Well, one thing is for sure.  Looking over the specs released by Sony, it appears that the PS4 will likely not be receiving sub-standard ports compared to their competition (speaking specifically on the port problems associated with the PS3 architecture as compared to the 360).  Everything looks good, especially the RAM (the amount included is impressive for a console).  I imagine developers are drooling over that.  I'd also like more info on the video card.  The TFlop info is not enough to go on, as it invites direct comparisons with PC cards, which is not realistic (comparable to a high-end budget VC on a PC). 

I'm really glad Sony is standardizing with more "off-the-shelf" type parts.  The crap they were pulling with the processors on the last two generations was a load of nonsense.  Now that they will be using AMD this means the price will go down more quickly, and games will (likely) be easier to make.  All in all this is great for Sony fanboys and apologists, and good for the gaming community as well.

Personally, I could care less about this.  I find myself interested, but more because I like new tech than anything else.  I also can't wait to see how Sony screws this up (the same goes for MS).  It's going to be an interesting year.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2013, 05:44:12 PM »

For those of you that are sold on the PS4 from this conference I'd be genuinely interested in hearing what sold you. Having some time to let it soak in now I'm really underwhelmed. I want to know what I'm missing.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
KidA
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2013, 07:23:24 PM »

As many people have pointed out, it's exciting to see new tech.  I understand a lot of people are unimpressed, but what more do you want out of the system?  Better games, perhaps?  I know many are done with the FPS genre, but I was impressed with the Killzone trailer, as well as Watch Dogs.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2013, 07:46:27 PM »

I didn't really care about the new social features one bit. I was more sold on the fact that developers will want to work on a more open powerful system. Hopefully it gets more superior ports this time. An HD PS2 if you will.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2013, 08:41:55 PM »

For those of you that are sold on the PS4 from this conference I'd be genuinely interested in hearing what sold you. Having some time to let it soak in now I'm really underwhelmed. I want to know what I'm missing.

I understand where you're coming from Crabby. It reminds me of when the Vita was announced. Fancy tech, but they haven't really done anything interesting with it.

Like I said before, show me the games.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2013, 09:47:06 PM »

I don't know if I'll buy the console at launch, but I'm excited. The price is appealing with two SKUs one at $449 and one at $549. So it will be somewhat affordable from day one.

I like that the new Playstation is more developer friendly. Apparently the PS3 was difficult to work with. This could attract new talented/under-the-radar development houses to produce games.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length