RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 01, 2024, 04:19:36 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Xenoblade Chronicles - Bubble? 0 Members and 11 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Print
Author Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles - Bubble?  (Read 15265 times)
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2013, 04:30:18 PM »

http://www.ebay.com/csc/V...de+chronicles&_sop=13

New copies still go for $150+.  I sold a new copy for $185 a few weeks ago.
BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2013, 04:38:44 PM »

I feel like a reprint of this is inevitable. They reprint everything now. Just a matter of when...
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2013, 04:42:48 PM »

I've had mine for sale for over a week at $110 and no bites yet...

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2013, 06:44:30 PM »

i never managed to find a copy anywhere locally
Leynos
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2013, 07:54:07 PM »

I feel like a reprint of this is inevitable. They reprint everything now. Just a matter of when...

Don't bet on it. Nintendo is done with Wii. They never had faith in XB in the first place
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2013, 08:01:07 PM »

Wouldn't a reprint be up to the publisher, XSeed?

wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2013, 08:01:55 PM »

Wait, sorry, Xseed didn't do Xenoblade.  I was thinking of all the other Rainfall games.

Leynos
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2013, 08:34:19 PM »

Nintendo owns all 3 IP's

Nintendo owns Monolith who developed Xenoblade. They own the IP to The Last Story and own the IP to Pandoras Tower. Just NA did not want to publish them so they let Xseed publish the last two in the US.
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2013, 06:41:20 AM »

Well this is interesting:

http://kotaku.com/extreme...s-calling-scam-1108627828

Fwiw it is now available at pretty much every store around me, and it had been pretty scarce for months now.

Update:No surprise, this was the plan all along. More titles will be handled this way (including Metroid Prime Trilogy).

http://kotaku.com/gamesto...ent-market-val-1123377091

So, back to the original topic of this old thread, I wonder how this will affect the value of the game. I'm guessing not much actually. It may even increase the value, again from FOMOs when this round sells out.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 01:59:40 PM by GrayGhost81 » Logged

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2013, 02:50:44 PM »

if they were legitimately used copies, i would actually be ok with this, because it is the market value (even under it somewhat). but to just print new copies, and sell them as used to get the extra profit is not cool.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2013, 05:05:52 PM »

It's the same concept as NOS (New Old Stock) - Atari did it late in the Jaguar/Lynx lifecycle, as well as the 2600 and 7800. It's a common practice, but GameStop is attempting to pawn it off at market price instead of purchase price. In this instance, since GameStop is the distributor, they can set the price. Just an odd circumstance, since the distributor is selling it directly for once.

I don't see a problem with it, as the market will determine whether or not they're willing to keep purchasing them at the current cost.

wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2013, 06:00:05 PM »

I don't see a problem with it, as the market will determine whether or not they're willing to keep purchasing them at the current cost.

I wouldn't have a problem with Gamestop producing more in the shrink wrap and selling them new for $90.  If they really are producing them NEW and not shrink wrapping them and selling them as pre-owned, I have a problem with that. 

The only reason they would do that is to hide the fact that they are the ones producing more copies.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2013, 06:06:55 PM »

They're selling them as pre-owned since they're not shrink-wrapped.'
...suddenly, people have a problem with GameStop properly selling an opened product as USED? Tongue

InvadErGII
CD-i
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2013, 06:07:56 PM »

The statement about Metroid Prime Trilogy really makes me wonder. Have they been taking in copies from customers and waiting to release a bunch at once, or are they getting "new used ones" the same way they seemingly did with Xenoblade?

I'm so glad I got both of these when they were new...what a mess.

wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2013, 06:14:50 PM »

They're selling them as pre-owned since they're not shrink-wrapped.'
...suddenly, people have a problem with GameStop properly selling an opened product as USED? Tongue

It's a newly manufactured game, doesn't matter to me if the case has been opened or not but that's just me. 

If they shrink wrapped it and sold it NEW for $89.99, everyone would know that they are the ones setting the price.  By not shrink wrapping them and marking them Pre-Owned for $89.99, they are trying to hide the fact that they just printed these games because the demand is high.

You want to print these games and mark them at $99, I'm totally fine with it, you signed a deal with Nintendo for exclusive retail rights, just don't mark them all pre-owned to make it look like you aren't trying to make a buck.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length