RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 17, 2024, 12:23:48 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | rare/valuable games to watch out for 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: rare/valuable games to watch out for  (Read 4638 times)
RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2013, 01:48:32 PM »

Not really. It says ULTRA RARE right on the page!

That's ultra rare?  I just gave my CIB copy to Duke......biggest mistake of my collecting career.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2013, 01:56:55 PM »

A good rule of thumb on Atari 2600 games is grabbing those that look different/odd if you can get them for under a few bucks each.  I know that sounds like a pathetic answer, but there are so few games made by Atari and Sears that are rare, while other companies such as Tigervision, Spectravision, etc. have strange looking carts and tend to be the more valuable.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2013, 02:01:52 PM »

Not really. It says ULTRA RARE right on the page!

That's ultra rare?  I just gave my CIB copy to Duke......biggest mistake of my collecting career.

YOU HAVE BEEN BANISHED FROM THE CLUB!

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2013, 04:24:40 PM »

i do still need to pick of my required copy of silent service Wink. i have the manual already Lol

we should do a community playthrough of it!  laugh
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2013, 11:21:58 PM »

I don't really know where else to put this but I wish I was paying attention to the Suikoden II auctions lately.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/S...s&hash=item41718d9be8

Only 2 bids on that, its a bit more than FMV for the game itself but the strategy guide! Oh man the strat guide! The lowest recent sale for the guide is $25, and most are in the $50 range.

Would have been nice to get that, sell the game, and mostly break even.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2013, 12:34:20 PM »

All kidding aside, I seem to remember the rare 5 screw Silent Service cart selling for around $80 on NA about a year ago.

It was sold for $60 shipped in late 2011.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 12:36:06 PM by wildbil52 » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length