RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 24, 2024, 05:33:26 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | What was the most expensive or treasured item you've ever had to sell? 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What was the most expensive or treasured item you've ever had to sell?  (Read 2912 times)
Techie413
We need to talk about your flair.
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« on: February 12, 2013, 12:35:40 AM »

I'm curious about everyone's posts.  Maybe you sold something just because you knew the profit and not because of the need for money.  Maybe it was a planned flip.  And do you still think about losing the item from your possession?

Personally, mine was a baseball signed by 12 of the LEGIT members of the 500 Home Run Club.  I was moving back from Colorado and needed the assistance that it brought.  I still miss it.  The autographs were from Mickey Mantle, Willie Mays, Hank Aaron, Frank Robinson, Mike Schmidt, Ernie Banks, Reggie Jackson, Ted Williams, Willie McCovey, Eddie Murray, Eddie Matthews, and a childhood hero from Payette, Idaho - Harmon "Killer" Killebrew.  Good thing I still have over 40 HK signed items in my collection.  But I really need to get another Mick.

monkees19
Donor
United States
Awards: 2015 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 01:04:44 AM »

I don't know about treasured, but the most awesome thing I ever sold was a stand up R2D2 Pepsi cooler. Like the ones they use in supermarkets as displays. A buddy of mine helped himself to it after a movie promotion was over, probably for Episode I since this was a long time ago.i went to eBay with it and made $100.

blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 01:36:13 PM »

I sold a brand new GameBoy Micro on Amazon about a year ago for around $200.  I somewhat regret it, only because I have the 20th anniversary edition boxed and the Black one sealed, so I don't have the complete set anymore.  But, the $200 was nice...
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 03:20:29 PM »

Sealed Dracula-X. I didn't particularly want to let it go, but the offer made it a no brainer. I still wouldn't mind coming across a loose cart to play at some point though.

moonraker_fats
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 08:49:10 PM »

An Amiga CD32.  Not much to play but man I wish I still had her!

[img width=95 height=39]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/RFGmicrobar01.gif[/img]
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 09:14:26 PM »

I sold Final Fantasy 1 for thirty bucks to Funco-land back in the day so I could get some other games. Not sure if I regret it or not. Was probably a good price at the time, the lady who worked there was insane.

When shall his new form be revealed?
cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 09:44:55 PM »

Well, I flipped alot of things over the years to get money for other things.  But probably the one I regret the most was a SNES lot I bought off of "yahoo groups" sales thread.
It was a boxed SNES ( Super Mario All Stars version I think ) with the following games all CIB
DKC 1, 2, and 3
Super Metroid
Super Mario Kart
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Sim City
Wario Woods
Tetris / Dr. Mario
and a bunch of Disney games.

All CIB for 35.00 

I flipped them for some serious money on FEEBAY and I really regret selling some of them.
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2013, 06:37:59 PM »

I sold a 96 Honda 300 Four-trax 4x4 a couple years ago to help pay for a reloading press. Lately, been thinking about selling my Glock cause I hardly ever shoot the damn thing!

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2013, 07:20:28 PM »

I'm curious about everyone's posts.  Maybe you sold something just because you knew the profit and not because of the need for money.  Maybe it was a planned flip.  And do you still think about losing the item from your possession?

Personally, mine was a baseball signed by 12 of the LEGIT members of the 500 Home Run Club.  I was moving back from Colorado and needed the assistance that it brought.  I still miss it.  The autographs were from Mickey Mantle, Willie Mays, Hank Aaron, Frank Robinson, Mike Schmidt, Ernie Banks, Reggie Jackson, Ted Williams, Willie McCovey, Eddie Murray, Eddie Matthews, and a childhood hero from Payette, Idaho - Harmon "Killer" Killebrew.  Good thing I still have over 40 HK signed items in my collection.  But I really need to get another Mick.

I've got 4 or 5 Killebrew signed cards, from when I used to collect Twins stuff. Such a classic signature.

Not much I actually regret selling, which is great. A few things stick out though:

--- Sealed, first printing of Pier Solar. The pile of money I got for that - and the really great CIB SNES games I turned it into - make that one easy to swallow.

--- Sealed Time Gal for Sega CD. I didn't collect for the system at the time, had just moved to Portland, and needed the money (see also: multiple sealed copies of Zelda: Twilight Princess, sealed Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, and almost all of my valuable strategy guides)

--- Boxed Contra Force. Don't remember when or why I sold it. Probably one of the many times I toyed with the idea of selling off my collection. This is the only one I truly wish that I had back, because I doubt I'll ever shell out the money to replace it.

Minnesota represent.
Wii - 3952 3192 4794 1209
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
Dergatron9000
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2013, 05:27:53 AM »

I wish I hadnt sold off my turntables and mixer. I only had my setup for 3 or 4 months and some one stole my serato box for hooking everythin up to the pc (msrp $600). So I said fuck it and sold everything
NxCmp
N-Gage

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2013, 02:06:07 AM »

I don't think I really sold anything to be honest... I keep thinking but nothing comes up. I don't believe in trading, selling, pawning, other options, etc... because I put the time and effort into collecting this stuff and keeping it in good condition and I know it all has a great home. I just don't believe in removing things in any fashion that I have personally taken the effort to acquire. Don't know if that makes me a wack'a'do or what.... *shrugs* It's not like shit is just laying everywhere and unorganized, everything is kept clean, put in its proper place, dusted and maintained.

Need computer or other I.T. related help ? Send me a PM, would be glad to help.
Haoie
CD-i

Stats
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2013, 03:43:45 AM »

I try to keep all my good games.

I do think I sold a lot of average/boring games at too low a price though.

If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made.
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2013, 10:58:08 AM »

before collecting i or my parents had sold off a lot of video games and systems that i'd like to get back, slowly replacing what was lost
InvadErGII
CD-i
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2013, 06:47:25 PM »

I sold pieces of a M:tG legacy deck for around $800 to pay for a moving truck so my wife and I could come back home after being away for a few years.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length