RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 19, 2024, 10:32:45 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Midwest Gaming Classic 0 Members and 8 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Midwest Gaming Classic  (Read 3764 times)
Hungrymoose
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« on: January 10, 2013, 03:25:26 PM »

Is anyone else going to the Midwest Gaming Classic this year?  I had so much fun last year I'm pretty stoked about going back.

http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/

Silent Scythe
TurboGrafx-16
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 04:13:14 PM »

I wish. Sadly I have no friends interested in classic gaming and It's a bit much of a trip for just myself.
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 06:00:54 PM »

I really want to go, but I have a bachelor party in Vegas in May that might keep me from going.  I'm hoping for a decent tax return this year, because I might be able to do both.
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 09:33:15 AM »

I also wish I could go.  It's the exact same weekend as PAX East this year so, unfortunately, I cannot make it Sad

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 09:44:05 AM »

I also wish I could go. (It is a two hour drive away) I have a wedding to attend in Florida this June so I have to save.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Hungrymoose
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 10:43:46 AM »

Not sure why this was moved to this forum.  Seemed to fit fine in the other one. :/

InvadErGII
CD-i
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2013, 05:42:56 PM »

I have never been and would love to finally make the trip. I think this might be the year...it'd be great to meet some fellow RFG'ers.

Hungrymoose
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2013, 05:51:48 PM »

Well if you do, let me know and we can meetup somewhere at the con.

NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2013, 08:20:35 PM »

Not sure why this was moved to this forum.  Seemed to fit fine in the other one. :/
Midwest Gaming Classic, Video Game Generation. There's a connection there somewhere.

OatBob
セガ 信者
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2013, 08:26:37 PM »

Crap, I haven't gone in recent years.  It's a longer drive and is usually the week before Anime Detour in Minneapolis.  I hate having to ask off two Fridays in a row, so I'm forced to choose.... and I choose costumes.

It also sucks because the gaming crowd usually cleans out Carlson's stock at Mad-Gear imports, and it's slim pickin' with the leftovers.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 08:34:11 PM by OatBob » Logged

it's thinking
Pichu
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2013, 11:23:54 PM »

I'm going! I know I'm new to the community, but I'd love to stop and chat with anyone because sadly I have no classic gaming friends.

Hungrymoose
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2013, 06:22:38 PM »

Pichu, do you have access to the forums away from your computer?  Like from a smart phone?  If so we can use it while we're there to meetup.

@NES_RULES:  This group: "From the Odyssey to the latest and greatest, this forum is for video game discussions. Consoles, computers, and handhelds - we love them all."

Doesn't really fit here either.  Since it's technically not about video games but a convention it seemed to fit in Idle Chatter as much as anywhere. Tongue

Pichu
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2013, 06:24:38 PM »

I have an iPod touch, although I don't know if they have free wi-fi or not.

Hungrymoose
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2013, 06:29:27 PM »

I have an iPod touch, although I don't know if they have free wi-fi or not.
They do at the hotel.  Can't remember if they have a code they give only to guests though.

Pichu
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2013, 06:54:41 PM »

They do at the hotel.  Can't remember if they have a code they give only to guests though.
Ah that should be good then. Then yeah, I'll be looking foward to talking about stuff while we're there.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length